Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Strange ellipse blocks some usernames on iPhone

Deleted3133333

I came across a strange little bug using this forum on my iPhone 5c and the safari browser. For certain users, part of the username was blotted out on posts by part of an ellipse. Holding down on the ellipse revealed that it linked to the user's profile. This bug only occurred on some accounts, but it occurred across threads for users who did have the bug.

I have images documenting the bug below. This is a very minor issue, as it doesn't really interfere with using the forum, but I thought I'd point it out. I refreshed the page multiple times and the bug persisted.

(edited)

That does happen on the small view in general. So it is possible to see that issue even on Desktop, after reducing the size of the browser's window to a certain point. 

Even on desktop, user profiles in posts look weird.

The first thing I've noticed after seeing images above is, that it breaks dependable on user group. It glitches for staff, where it's fine for normal members.

After taking a closer look at it, I can tell, that it indeed affects only staff members. What's more, I can tell, that they're working on avatars, to increase their sizes by turning them into rectangles (probably for donors an staff). Apparently it's a work in progress and it generated some unexpected side effects in the process. :derp: Disabling size arguments, that are overwriting parent ones using the console fixes the issue. :derp:

Edited by Rikifive