Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I just watched the trailers of MLP Movie carefully once more. Although I removed my hopes for Sunset Shimmer and even Starlight Glimmer (although she appears on background), where is Derpy Hooves? I didn't see her in any scenes of the trailer. I even saw Berry Punch and Tree Hugger, I mean don't you think Derpy deserves a seen even more than Bulk Biceps? Where is she? Please put her in the movie, at least we need to see her. I mean Night Glider and Party Favor are there although they do not live in Canterlot and never been to any celebrations happened. In addition, if they are there, where is Double Diamond and Sugar Belle? We also see three princesses in one scene, and I did not see cutie mark crusaders or Shining Armor too. Most importantly still where is Derpy? :D  (I also did not see Doctor Whooves, Bon Bon, Granny Smith and Big Macintosh.)

derpy fanart sad ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Edited by Ginger Ale

I would not be surprised if Derpy was not featured in this film. While she is a popular background character amongst fans, the movie is based on the main characters so much time will likely not be set on others.

However, to be fair, we cannot say that Derpy will not be featured in the film simply based on the fact that she was not included in the trailer. The film's entirety release will let us know if she, or others, will make an appearance.
:)

• Brohoof 2

Derpy will show up. She's too much of an icon. And besides, the trailer really only includes a couple minutes of footage out of 99 minutes. She's probably somewhere in the background during the movie.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 3

She has to be in the movie somewhere, maybe she will be a surprise at the end or simply in the background like her origins. The first major film for FiM and Derpy being left out? It won't happen. I would actually be a bit irritated if she somehow was.

• Brohoof 1

She could very well still make an appearance in the movie. What we've seen so far are just snippets of what is to come so the chances of her making a cameo are still pretty strong though I doubt she will play any significant role. If anything, Derpy will just be there and nothing more, serving as a nod to the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Does she even need to be there?  It's not like the movie's quality is dependent on her or anything.  Plus there are actual characters with personalities that haven't been seen yet that should take priority such as the CMC.

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure she'll show up. I doubt they'd use a background char in the screenshots:D

Its completely silly to watch a 2 minute trailer out of a 90 minute movie, and assume a certain pony is left out entirely

There's a whole 87 minutes of content you're not seeing. Let's not jump to conclusions

• Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Its completely silly to watch a 2 minute trailer out of a 90 minute movie, and assume a certain pony is left out entirely

There's a whole 87 minutes of content you're not seeing. Let's not jump to conclusions

The movie is actually 99 minutes.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 5:53 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

She could very well still make an appearance in the movie. What we've seen so far are just snippets of what is to come so the chances of her making a cameo are still pretty strong though I doubt she will play any significant role. If anything, Derpy will just be there and nothing more, serving as a nod to the fandom.

Not only does she appear, but she plays an incredibly important (albeit short) role in the plot of the movie. I can't say much more without spoilers... 

• Brohoof 5

9 minutes ago, Kittamaru said:

Not only does she appear, but she plays an incredibly important (albeit short) role in the plot of the movie. I can't say much more without spoilers... 

Spoiler

There's also a cute little Derpy bit before that during the very first song... blink and you might miss it.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Prospekt said:
  Hide contents

There's also a cute little Derpy bit before that during the very first song... blink and you might miss it.

Spoiler

Aye, I saw that! Was great to see her get to be a hero though! 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/1/2017 at 6:41 PM, Ginger Ale said:

I just watched the trailers of MLP Movie carefully once more. Although I removed my hopes for Sunset Shimmer and even Starlight Glimmer (although she appears on background), where is Derpy Hooves? I didn't see her in any scenes of the trailer. I even saw Berry Punch and Tree Hugger, I mean don't you think Derpy deserves a seen even more than Bulk Biceps? Where is she? Please put her in the movie, at least we need to see her. I mean Night Glider and Party Favor are there although they do not live in Canterlot and never been to any celebrations happened. In addition, if they are there, where is Double Diamond and Sugar Belle? We also see three princesses in one scene, and I did not see cutie mark crusaders or Shining Armor too. Most importantly still where is Derpy? :D  (I also did not see Doctor Whooves, Bon Bon, Granny Smith and Big Macintosh.)

derpy fanart sad ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Imagine the movie without Derpy! That would actually upset Bronies so much. :baconmane: