Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Movie Rating

PinkiePie97

5 minutes ago, NightmareLuna800 said:

Like Chrylestia, I totally saw a PG rating coming for this movie. I figured it wouldn't have been as low as G, and I know it wouldn't have reached PG-13. That's for sure. XD

My thoughts exactly. And as @cmarston1 said, the G rating seems to be dead, which was another reason I really didn't think it would be that.

• Brohoof 1

59 minutes ago, Penguinbrony24 said:

I am not surprised AT ALL. Like @PoisonClaw mentioned, PG is used for basically everything these days that should be G rated. That's basically why the rating system is flawed.

there honestly needs to be a bigger rating system; "Nothing offensive, suitable for toddlers", "Up to about 7ish in appropriateness" "Up to about 12ish"  "17ish", and "18+"

I suspected that this was going to be the rating so I'm not surprised by it. This does mean that they can push things a little further when it comes to the violence aspect though not too much otherwise it could backfire.

Even though it's rated PG, since it's only for "mild action", chances are, it'll probably be rated U in the United Kingdom, and G in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and I guess, the Philippines as well.

I admit, I shouldn't have been so fearmongering in the first place.

17 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

The movie now has a rating. It has been rated PG.

http://filmratings.com/Search?filmTitle=My+Little+Pony%3A+The+Movie&x=18&y=5

Hahahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! lol some hard core shit better happen to warrent PG or I'm gonna be pissed. lmfao Frozen was rated PG and it was way tamer then a lot of older Disney movies.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Tilgoreth said:

Hahahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! lol some hard core shit better happen to warrent PG or I'm gonna be pissed. lmfao Frozen was rated PG and it was way tamer then a lot of older Disney movies.

Why would anything hard core have to happen in a PG rated film? And why would its absence piss you off? 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Why would anything hard core have to happen in a PG rated film? And why would its absence piss you off? 

lol I was just joking. But a lot of old animated movies had way darker or violent content. But they are still rated G. Now we have animated movies that are rated PG but are way more tame then the movies that came before them. Mlp The Movie isn't going to have any content that deserves a PG rating. It will be a G rated movie with a PG rating. I mean maybe they say "hell" and that's what got it the PG rating, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Tilgoreth said:

lol I was just joking. But a lot of old animated movies had way darker or violent content. But they are still rated G. Now we have animated movies that are rated PG but are way more tame then the movies that came before them. Mlp The Movie isn't going to have any content that deserves a PG rating. It will be a G rated movie with a PG rating. I mean maybe they say "hell" and that's what got it the PG rating, but I doubt it.

Yeah. Over the decades everything shifted up. PG-13 films today may have gotten an R rating 30 years ago. Back then an R rating was a kiss of death for many films ... not so much these days. 

It's amusing because back in 1986 Hasbro did NOT want Transformers The Movie to have a G rating. The first draft was actually darker knowing that they were targeting a PG. In the end they toned it down, but still added some minor profanity just to ensure a PG rating. 

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Yeah. Over the decades everything shifted up. PG-13 films today may have gotten an R rating 30 years ago. Back then an R rating was a kiss of death for many films ... not so much these days. 

It's amusing because back in 1986 Hasbro did NOT want Transformers The Movie to have a G rating. The first draft was actually darker knowing that they were targeting a PG. In the end they toned it down, but still added some minor profanity just to ensure a PG rating. 

Yeah but a G rating wouldn't affect ticket sales for the Mlp Movie. The show is TV-Y which is basically the same as G. Also I'd have to agree on the ratings being more lax now. Robo Cop had to go through twelve cuts before it got an R rating. Logan is rated R but is ten times more violent than Robo Cop. 

As others said, a PG rating doesn't mean that much these days. You can basically expect anything more risqué than The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure to get a PG rating. The Nostalgia Critic explains it the best.

I was actually expecting something along those lines. From what we've seen, it will have at least some some mild fantasy violence and peril.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs

It's PG! Oh celestia... THIS MOVIE WILL BE VIOLENT! Bring out the guns and excessive blood amounts! And don't forget the explicit scenes! How will the franchise SURVIVE?

Well it kinda figures. Movie studios that aren't Disney have to make their movies PG so the general movie goer doesn't think it's a dumb kids movie. Nostalgia Critic explained it best, but that vid was already linked in here