Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Movie Rating

PinkiePie97

On 8/2/2017 at 3:31 PM, Jeric said:

Yeah. Over the decades everything shifted up. PG-13 films today may have gotten an R rating 30 years ago. Back then an R rating was a kiss of death for many films ... not so much these days. 

It's amusing because back in 1986 Hasbro did NOT want Transformers The Movie to have a G rating. The first draft was actually darker knowing that they were targeting a PG. In the end they toned it down, but still added some minor profanity just to ensure a PG rating. 

It's actually impressive how much more graphic that movie was supposed to be, especially since it was already pretty dark enough as is. iirc, there were supposed to be more onscreen deaths(like Red Alert and Mirage), as well as more Autobot corpses scattered throughout Autobot City(Smokescreen, Trailbreaker). I also remembered they changed Ultra Magnus's death where he was originally supposed to be torn apart by the Sweeps. While Hasbro was really, really stupid for their idea of killing off most of the original line for the sake of promoting new toys, it was really brave of the writers to go through with it, especially the way they did it

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 1

It's only rated PG for "mild action". As a result, it'll probably be rated G in most other countries, including Canada, the UK (where it's "U" there), the Philippines, maybe Australia, and I could go on all day.

• 1 month later...

PG huh! Somehow I don't expect Twilight start dropping profanities, f-bombs included, and that show rated PG-14, like they do it on Rick and Morty. Gosh, they do have different standards for television this days. Ive seen the nostalgia critic video and one of the major concern for me is that he doesnt know or asks ironically why Inside Out rated PG, i mean thats the most disturbing animated movie today.

Edited by Rabit2017