Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think I know what happened to Starswirl the bearded

ManaMinori

Since FiM is known for having access to multiverses, and Starswirl to thank for it, I think that he disappeared, no longer existing in the universe of generation 4, but rather, traveled back to the past and became the Moochick in generation 1. There are too many similarities to ignore. He's bearded, and one of the most magical people in generation 1, first of all. He's able to offer the little ponies and Megan one of the most powerful means of defending themselves against most enemies- a tiny fraction of a rainbow of light- and though its so small, it packs a wallop.

He's easily able to transform himself into other objects, like mushrooms, in order to hide from those who he doesn't want finding him. Quite a magical and impressive feat.

He's more knowledgeable about the worlds and its inhabitants of the pony world than the ponies themselves- telling them about their cousins, the Flutter ponies and their location that they don't want anyone to know about (being reclusive), when the ponies need help

Its also noted that in the MLP movie, he rattles off and shows the ponies a long list of places around the world, showing that he's traveled to many places and eras in his lifetime, like Starswirl.

Secondly, In My Little Pony, the Movie, Fizzy explicitly states that she's going with the group to see the Moochick- why? Because "unicorns are good luck". What's interesting, though, is that after they meet the Moochick/ Starswirl. After he gives them the joy of blatant merchandising in the form of Paradise Estate, the little ponies are grateful and say that he's already given them good luck. Why? Because he once used to be a unicorn- the unicorn, Starswirl the Bearded.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

You should change the words multi-dimensions to Multiverse and dimensions to universes since that's what Starswirl said in the comics. Also dimensions are larger than even multiverses that are infinite. But yeah other than that I just think that Starswirl is either traveling the infinite multiverse, became a god of space-time or died of old age.

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Peter16373 said:

You should change the words multi-dimensions to Multiverse and dimensions to universes since that's what Starswirl said in the comics. Also dimensions are larger than even multiverses that are infinite. But yeah other than that I just think that Starswirl is either traveling the infinite multiverse, became a god of space-time or died of old age.

done and done, thank you.

Moochick's hat doesn't have bells like Starswirl does. Therefore they aren't the same character. They're just both old magical guys with beards, just like Merlin, Gandalf, Dumbledore, and all the other old wizard archetypes.

47 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I always thought the tree of harmony is actuall Starswirl.

Jounal of the Two sisters had Starswirl finding the tree, and not really sure who the cutie marks on it would belong to. So if the Tree was Starswirl, he would have known. Also, both exist in the same place at the same time, so it wouldn't be possible. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Jounal of the Two sisters had Starswirl finding the tree, and not really sure who the cutie marks on it would belong to. So if the Tree was Starswirl, he would have known. Also, both exist in the same place at the same time, so it wouldn't be possible. 

Ah, but Starswirl knew the secrets of time travel. He *could* be in two places at the same time :D

• Brohoof 2

43 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I considering that last that was known about Starswirl is that he was traveling time and presumably dimensions, it doesn't sound far fetched 

33 minutes ago, Babyyoshi309 said:

Well he probably died of old age since he could not figure out the "Princess Spell". :please:

Or he is actually "Dr Whooves" and has regenerated :D

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Ah, but Starswirl knew the secrets of time travel. He *could* be in two places at the same time :D

that's not how TT works, according to the laws of pony. Twilight had to remove herself from the present, n order to travel back to the past. Same with Starswirl in the Journal of the Two sisters. So too, would SS have to remove himself out of g4 to travel to g1

2 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

that's not how TT works, according to the laws of pony. Twilight had to remove herself from the present, n order to travel back to the past. Same with Starswirl in the Journal of the Two sisters. So too, would SS have to remove himself out of g4 to travel to g1

1tjqy5.jpg

There is a difference between true present and the perception of present, and nothing suggests that an incongruency isn't permissable. Finally if one leaves for the past from their present, and returns to that same point of time that they originally left and resumes things as normal ... the future that is 'absent you' ceases to exist or exists elsewhere. 

He's travelling across the multiverse fighting off Grogar and his forces from Tambelon to prevent him from going full Darkseid and conquering Equestria.

...Don't quote me on that.