Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls YouTube Series

PinkiePie97

8 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

From the sounds of it, it seems Equestria Girls is getting a YouTube series.

Awesome! :squee:

If Equestria Girls wasn't able to get a series on television then, this seems like the next best choice, IMO.

• Brohoof 5

I like this idea: Turning Equestria Girls into a Youtube series that can be enjoyed anywhere you go.  Sign me up.

Maybe if this does well, we should see My Little Pony get its set of 2-3 minute Youtube shorts, similar to Justice League Action.

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 4

The idea is appealing. I think this is the push EG needed. I just hope they don't release them during S8's airtime and they do it during the hiatus instead :D 

• Brohoof 4

Eh. I'm all for an EQG series, but NOT a youtube series; that basically screams "Tiny 60 second-120 second shorts" to me, not unlike the summertime shorts we just got; and I HATED the summertime shorts.

I just don't have faith in hasbro to not phone it in if they're doing it as a youtube series.

• Brohoof 2

A YouTube series does sound promising though I was hoping for them to have gone with a few more specials first before making such a leap. Right now, we only know the extreme basics of this concept so more information is necessary. Perhaps we will learn more at an upcoming convention.

• Brohoof 3

Excellent! As long as we don't just keep getting 1-2 minute shorts, and instead get 10-11 minute full episodes a la Hanazuki, then there's nothing stopping me from following it just as closely as FiM.

• Brohoof 6

5 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Eh. I'm all for an EQG series, but NOT a youtube series; that basically screams "Tiny 60 second-120 second shorts" to me, not unlike the summertime shorts we just got; and I HATED the summertime shorts.

Not necessarily. As I said in the opening post, I wouldn't be surprised if it works the same way as Hanazuki, which has 10 minute episodes. In this day and age, just because it's not on TV doesn't mean it won't be longer than a couple minutes.

• Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I just don't have faith in hasbro to not phone it in if they're doing it as a youtube series.

Hana Zuki is 11-12 minutes long, and that show is done by some of the MLP staff

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Prowl said:

To be specific, IIRC it was developed by Meghan McCarthy with a handful of eps being written by Dave Polsky (this is most likely why he left MLP, with the surprise exception of "Mirror Magic").

I'd personally be fully on board with 11-12 minute episodes. And, let's be real here, displaying them on YouTube is probably more profitable than Discovery Family at this point.

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 3

13 hours ago, Prowl said:

Hanazuki is a great example of something that speaks against such a thing; I find it to be just banal sight gags and quirky sounds; its not a show I'm really very much a fan of.

Sure, I get that its aimed at a very young audience, but past that excuse, its still a pretty poor series IMO; Not a good thing to tell me that EQG series might be like :P

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Or failing to contain :D

Heh heh. Yeah, something like that.

Anyway, here's my reaction video:

This was only made for fun so please don't take it too seriously.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Here since everyone keeps mentioning Hanazuki. Also I don't think it's a bad turn for eqg. Sadly though it does mean that they probally won't explore the equstrian magic leaking into their world that much. I also want to see the sirens again. We need them back. They where the only good villian eqg has had so far.

Image080120172356191.thumb.jpg.8057a95e558de00aaceb968dee2ee65a.jpg

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

Here since everyone keeps mentioning Hanazuki. Also I don't think it's a bad turn for eqg. Sadly though it does mean that they probally won't explore the equstrian magic leaking into their world that much. I also want to see the sirens again. We need them back. They where the only good villian eqg has had so far.

I honestly think they could easily do a format where we would occasionally see a magical wisp affect someone in the area, like what Juniper Montage went through. In fact, I dare say a series is the only medium where I think it could be used to its highest potential.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

I honestly think they could easily do a format where we would occasionally see a magical wisp affect someone in the area, like what Juniper Montage went through. In fact, I dare say a series is the only medium where I think it could be used to its highest potential.

I expect many slice of life episodes, but I agree that a 10 min length wont impede good episodes that build-up the leaked magic. We already have a good example of a series of animated shorts that still told a good story

star-wars-clone-wars.jpg

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I expect many slice of life episodes, but I agree that a 10 min length wont impede good episodes that build-up the leaked magic. We already have a good example of a series of animated shorts that still told a good story

That's the exact approach I believe / would most like them to take.

• Brohoof 2

Given how much MLP there is already on youtube I think this will work.  After all we have Star Wars MLP, Game of Thrones opening, a myriad of reviews and reaction videos, Dr. Whooves and the Assistant, Lord of the Rings as done by MLP... it's almost overdue for an official show of some sort.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 9:36 PM, PinkiePie97 said:

From the sounds of it, it seems Equestria Girls is getting a YouTube series.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/08/hasbro-investor-webcast-contains-tons.html

I wouldn't be surprised if it works the same way as Hanazuki (meaning it has 10 minute episodes).

10 minute episode, well I hope they'll make it at least 26 per season, like in original series ( minus season 3) if there's gonna be that many seasons.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:02 AM, Prospekt said:

Excellent! As long as we don't just keep getting 1-2 minute shorts, and instead get 10-11 minute full episodes a la Hanazuki, then there's nothing stopping me from following it just as closely as FiM.

10 minute run time is good, however 22, better

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...