Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Map of Equestria expanded AGAIN

Princess Book Horse

So it looks like the map of Equestria has been updated again to include places they'll presumably explore in the MLP movie. I have to wonder though. WIll we see these places in S8 too? For that matter, what about all of the unexplored locations that were already on the map? Will we finally see them in S7 and beyond?

20170804_105525.jpg

• Brohoof 10

There’s no doubt that past generation locations of mlp have wound up in FiM. In episode 2 of FiM, Twilight mentions that the EoH’s last known location was in “what is now known as” the Everfree Forest- implying that it once had a different name- one that I think might have been the Shadow Forest that the g1 gang went through to get to Flutter Valley. In the Hearth’s Warming Eve pageant, the kingdom of Unicornia- taken from g3- was said to have existed at one point in time.

With the continuous expansion of this map in g4, I have to wonder- will we ever see areas that were only mentioned or very briefly see in past generations, such as Flutter Valley, Greyvale (formerly known as Bright Valley, mentioned in g1 “Bright Lights”), the ancient land of the unicorn’s ancestors- called Argyte, Skreera- the land of the Skree (ostrich-like race, seen in g1 “the golden horseshoes”), Rosedale village (mentioned on g1 “Bright Lights”), or Meunsterville (run by Mayor Cam. M. Bear, an anthropomorphic mouse and others of his kind), Blarkland, and the home of the green mountain elves.

• Brohoof 1

Looks like we have the whole peninsula now. The crew must have plans for the movie and the rest of season 7, if Hasbro has expanded so much on the map. 

There is something super satisfying about seeing Equestria finished like that, of course, the continent continues to the West, but it looks mostly done for that region, got it looks good.

Wish they put the changeling hive on there though.

• Brohoof 3

I see a small zeppelin flying around in the top right area. That could have something to do with that upcoming episode.

4 minutes ago, Radience said:

Makes me just wonder if Equestria is a planet or in some other shape. 

I am starting to think that too. In S1 I thought it was a country. Then I thought of it as a continent. Now it's looking like a whole planet is a possibility.

• Brohoof 2

It's nice to see them expand the world like this!  Which means we could get some new species/creatures and diff types of ponies!   Hopefully, with this,  we can also learn more about a zebra we all know! 

• Brohoof 2

Looks pretty interesting. We're gonna see some new locations too I guess :^)

6 hours ago, King Clark said:

I see a small zeppelin flying around in the top right area. That could have something to do with that upcoming episode.

I am starting to think that too. In S1 I thought it was a country. Then I thought of it as a continent. Now it's looking like a whole planet is a possibility.

The lands south of the Equestria (The desert and below it) aren't part of Equestria. THey are part of the same continent, but just like Griffonstone, the Dragonlands, and Yakyakistan, it is not part of Equestrias borders.

30 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

The lands south of the Equestria (The desert and below it) aren't part of Equestria. THey are part of the same continent, but just like Griffonstone, the Dragonlands, and Yakyakistan, it is not part of Equestrias borders.

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up. :grin:

12 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

The mountain with the skull on the top is still the location that i am so curious about.

Yeah, that has been there for an extremely long time. Yet we still have no idea what it is. :confused:

It is even on the cutie map.

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, WritterPon13 said:

Now that we know what there is south of Equestria, the only question that has remained, where is the territory of zebras?

Wild guess, but Luna found some living on the other side of the Everfree forest to the castle of the sisters, and Zecora also seemed to have come from that direction. Given that I would personally put them just beyond the Dragon Lands.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Now, only the West part remains. But there are still lots of locations unexplored :dry:

Maybe in season 8? :ooh:

I wonder where the changeling hive is? 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Hierok said:

Damn it. :grin: Discord should be the writer cause he knows more then the writers now.

Yeah, he can teleport to Changeling Kingdom without a second thought. Even the Cutie Map doesnt update Changeling Kingdom in their map system (because if you had ability to know where Chrysalis is, after what she did in Canterlot Wedding, her kingdom would get nuked in the end of S5). Their conceal abilities are impressive, or the map didnt get Changeling Patch yet.

• Brohoof 1