Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What's your favorite type of music?

The Equestrian Brony

My favorite types of music would have to be Classic Country and Bluegrass. Artists like Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Stringbean, Grandpa Jones, Flatt and Scruggs, Hank Williams 1, 2, and 3, The Osborne Brothers, The Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, and many more legendary artists. Those all would have to be my favorite artists.

What about you though? What's your favorite type of music? Tell me some of your favorite artists that sing your music type. 

I love almost all types of music! Though my favorites are Trance, Electronic, Punk, Metal, Jpop, and old classics from the 80's and 90's! My favorite bands are MCR, Queen, Coldplay, and The Murderburgers. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorite type of music is generally Epic, neo-classical, video game music (if that counts especially the Mega Man and Final Fantasy franchise), and rock (mostly).

I can stomach metal in moderation, but when its heavy, its just bleeding for my eardrums. Blind Guardian - Sacred Worlds is an exception. That is not metal to me, that is devilishly addicting.

So, I'm a big fan of Two Steps From Hell. :P

• Brohoof 2

I like loads of music and it's forever growing.

I use to listen to a lot of 70's and 80's rock bands and grew up with 90's and 00's bands like Green Day, Linkin Park and Mindless Self Indulgence. I also enjoy some rap and hip hop - as long as it has great lyrics and tells a narrative.

I now mainly listen to electronic music. I was first introduced to 00's trance, UK Garage, 2-step, late 90's dubstep, house, electro. But now I listen to a whole load of genres: drum & bass, trap, moombahton, IDM, neurofunk, jump-up, brostep, glitch hop, drumstep, nu disco and pretty much anything, as long as it's not cheesy, by the numbers or just simply lazy.

A few of my favourite artists, in no particular order: Skream, Culprate, Zeds Dead, Kill The Noise, deadmau5, KOAN Sound, Feed Me, Skrillex, Pendulum, Dimensions.

• Brohoof 2

Rap/hip-hop and electronic music, with artists such as The Chemical Brothers, Pendulum, Groove Armada, The Crystal Method, The Prodigy, Apollo 404, Fatboy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Kavinsky, Daft Punk, Justice etc.

I like rock music the best. I like a lot of bands, but my top favorites are Evanescence, Flyleaf, Paramore, and Fireflight. I actually have tickets to see Paramore next month, and it'll be my second time seeing them. :wub: I've also seen Evanescence twice and Flyleaf once. I have yet to see Fireflight but I hope I can someday.

I like other music too, though, especially electronic (mainly brony stuff). My favorite electronic genre is trance.

• Brohoof 2

Heavy f:mellow:king metal! 

There are so many metal sub-genre's right now, it'll blow your mind. 

I like power metal

Thrash metal

Post-thrash

Crossover

Melodic Death Metal

Metalcore

Goth Metal

Symphonic metal

Blackened Death Metal

Industrial Metal

Progressive metal 

The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal

Speed Metal

But I also like some hard rock, punk, hardcore, ambient chill out, some EDM, smooth jazz and some classical. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

I feel sad. No one likes classic country or bluegrass lol. I guess me and my grandpa are the only ones lol

I wouldn't say that. ;)

I listen to pretty much anything (I think there are good songs in every genre), but as I stated in another thread, rock is my favorite genre. In most genres, I prefer older songs (from the late 50s onwards, my favorite decade being the 90s) but occasionally enjoy some new ones too.

It's difficult for me to name favorite artists or bands, as I rarely focus on a single act, but I love Cake. I listened to them a lot a few years ago, not so much now but I still play their songs once in a while. While they're usually categorized as alternative rock, they combine elements of several different genres – no wonder I like them!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, The Equestrian Brony said:

You like country and bluegrass too? lol

I definitely like country for sure. I get Seven Year Ache stuck in my head almost every day.

Just now, Sunset Rose said:

I definitely like country for sure. I get Seven Year Ache stuck in my head almost every day.

Oh my Celestia that is so cool! You have a good taste in music. I can't help tapping my foot or my finger or something when I listen to country. And I'm only 18 lol