Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Skating on the Edge of Life (1x1 with The Cerberus)

Victoria Everglade

It was on a rather warm and sunny afternoon in Panama and there was quite a sizable crowd of ponies and furs gathering around what looked like a skate park. Loud music was being played over the PA systems and a commentator was commentating on a routine that the current skate crew was doing at the skate park.

"And hunter just pulled off the perfect 360 Casper, Christ, Rocket Air Backflip into a nose grind into a Pogostick combo! Receiving a perfect ten from every judge!" the voice could be heard over the music was playing "and for those who are new, it is worthy to note that Hunter is also the founder, lead vocals and guitarist for the band Hey Dingo!, of who's music we are currently playing!" the commentator says over the loud music and much to the cheers of the furs and ponies who had come to see the competition.

The music that was being played was a cover of "All My Friends Are Metal Heads"

Link to OOC Topic: https://mlpforums.com/topic/169048-skating-on-the-edge-of-life-1x1-with-the-cerberus/
  • Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

It was on a rather warm and sunny afternoon in Panama and there was quite a sizable crowd of ponies and furs gathering around what looked like a skate park. Loud music was being played over the PA systems and a commentator was commentating on a routine that the current skate crew was doing at the skate park.

"And hunter just pulled off the perfect 360 Casper, Christ, Rocket Air Backflip into a nose grind into a Pogostick combo! Receiving a perfect ten from every judge!" the voice could be heard over the music was playing "and for those who are new, it is worthy to note that Hunter is also the founder, lead vocals and guitarist for the band Hey Dingo!, of who's music we are currently playing!" the commentator says over the loud music and much to the cheers of the furs and ponies who had come to see the competition.

The music that was being played was a cover of "All My Friends Are Metal Heads"

MH was walking down the street listening music from his MP3 player, when he started hearing music and commentary over his own music.He started looking around for source of the noise and soon enough found the crowd gathering at the skate park.

He was first going to ignore it and continue his way, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to see what's going on since he had nothing important to do anyway. MH scanned the crowd with his eyes, until he saw a place where he could see but didn't need to cram into, and went there.

Edited by The Cerberus

1 minute ago, The Cerberus said:

MH was walking down the street listening music from his MP3 player, when he started hearing music and commentary over his own music.He started looking around for source of the noise and soon enough found the crowd gathering at the skate park.

He was first going to ignore it and continue his way, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to see what's going on since he had nothing important to do anyway. MH scanned the crowd with his eyes, until he saw a place where he could see but didn't need to cram and went there.

The competition went on for another couple of hours, each skate crew taking turns in events and heats, and as there were a few skate crews and a few more individuals who were trying to get first and earn the prize money and of course, the sponsorship and a place on a crew, the competition was going to take almost all day. The next heat was a half-pipe event, where skaters would earn more and more points, the more air tricks they can pull of in a combo and land it perfectly. 

A few of the other skate crews and individuals were up first, and as Hunter waited, he scanned the crowd to see if he could see his band mates around anywhere, brushing his blue hair out of his face, he soon spotted them and waves to them, all of whom wave back to him, he then begun to also just scan the crowd out of boredom, that is when he spotted the cat-pony and smiles sweetly at him.

Just as he was about to approach him, the song "Individuality" started playing and it was his time for the heat.

7 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

The competition went on for another couple of hours, each skate crew taking turns in events and heats, and as there were a few skate crews and a few more individuals who were trying to get first and earn the prize money and of course, the sponsorship and a place on a crew, the competition was going to take almost all day. The next heat was a half-pipe event, where skaters would earn more and more points, the more air tricks they can pull of in a combo and land it perfectly. 

A few of the other skate crews and individuals were up first, and as Hunter waited, he scanned the crowd to see if he could see his band mates around anywhere, brushing his blue hair out of his face, he soon spotted them and waves to them, all of whom wave back to him, he then begun to also just scan the crowd out of boredom, that is when he spotted the cat-pony and smiles sweetly at him.

Just as he was about to approach him, the song "Individuality" started playing and it was his time for the heat.

Most of the competition's commentary went over Mh's head since he knew almost nothing about skating, but had stayed because it was interesting to watch, and because music, though not what he usually listened, was aright.

At some point he broke his focus from the skaters started generally scanning the area for anything interesting and noticed Hunter waving at, what he guessed to be Hunter's friends. Without thinking about it any more, his eyes continued scanning the area until he realized, that he was unintentionally looking at the blue-haired dingo again. He noticed Hunter's smile but because of the crowd, he couldn't be sure who it was for.

Just now, The Cerberus said:

Most of the competition's commentary went over Mh's head since he knew almost nothing about skating, but had stayed because it was interesting to watch, and because music, though not what he usually listened, was aright.

At some point he broke his focus from the skaters started generally scanning the area for anything interesting and noticed Hunter waving at, what he guessed to be Hunter's friends. Without thinking about it any more, his eyes continued scanning the area until he realized, that he was unintentionally looking at the blue-haired dingo again. He noticed Hunter's smile but because of the crowd, he couldn't be sure who it was for.

After Hunter's crew and the rest of the competitors had finished the heat, it was time for half time and a break. Hunter then started to take his helmet off, letting his somewhat long blue hair down and wave around a bit before he started making his way towards his friends, though as he walked, it was clear that he had a rather feminine walk, as his tail was swishing and he swayed his hips, almost seductively, not to mention he had hair clips in his hair. The same sweet smile he gave to MH earlier was once again present on his face, and it would just so happen that his band mates were right near MH.

A red haired female feline smiles and runs over to Hunter, hugging him with a purr "Hey there H, who's that smile and walk for? The cute cat-pony over there?" she asks, pointing in MH's direction, and by the drumsticks sticking out of the feline's bag, it would have pretty obvious that she was quite possibly the drummer for Hunter's  band.

Hunter smiles and nods "Maybe, he is kinda cute, and hey, nothing wrong with making new friends" he says before hugging her and then going over to MH "Hey there, haven't you seen at the comp before, what brings you here? Obviously not the skating, you look kinda bored outta your skull" he chuckles

33 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

After Hunter's crew and the rest of the competitors had finished the heat, it was time for half time and a break. Hunter then started to take his helmet off, letting his somewhat long blue hair down and wave around a bit before he started making his way towards his friends, though as he walked, it was clear that he had a rather feminine walk, as his tail was swishing and he swayed his hips, almost seductively, not to mention he had hair clips in his hair. The same sweet smile he gave to MH earlier was once again present on his face, and it would just so happen that his band mates were right near MH.

A red haired female feline smiles and runs over to Hunter, hugging him with a purr "Hey there H, who's that smile and walk for? The cute cat-pony over there?" she asks, pointing in MH's direction, and by the drumsticks sticking out of the feline's bag, it would have pretty obvious that she was quite possibly the drummer for Hunter's  band.

Hunter smiles and nods "Maybe, he is kinda cute, and hey, nothing wrong with making new friends" he says before hugging her and then going over to MH "Hey there, haven't you seen at the comp before, what brings you here? Obviously not the skating, you look kinda bored outta your skull" he chuckles

Mh noticed Hunter's certain amount of femininity as he again unintentionally followed him with his gaze.

When the feline pointed at him and said what she said, MH's ear twitched and he felt his neck fur raising as the comment made him feel slightly embarrassed, Hunter's continuation making it worse. When Hunter asked his reason to be there, Mh managed to hide his embarrassment.  "Curiosity, didn't have anything else to do."

Edited by The Cerberus

Mh noticed Hunter's certain amount of femininity as he again unintentionally followed him with his gaze.

When the feline pointed at him and said what she said, MH's ear twitched and he felt his neck fur raising as the comment made him feel slightly embarrassed. Hunter's continuation making it worse. When Hunter asked his reason to be there, Mh managed to hide his embarrassment.  "Curiosity, didn't have anything else to do."

Hunter laughs and smiles "Ah yeah, that's how most furs and ponies come across the skate comp" he says with a smile "Well, hey if you're bored, we could go out to eat somewhere, I'm sure the guys won't mind too much if you wanna come along, the next half doesn't start for a few hours" he suggests "that's only if you want to come along, we'll be at the bus that's got the band's name on it when and if you make your decision" he says with a wink and starts walking out of the park towards the aforementioned bus.

28 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

Hunter laughs and smiles "Ah yeah, that's how most furs and ponies come across the skate comp" he says with a smile "Well, hey if you're bored, we could go out to eat somewhere, I'm sure the guys won't mind too much if you wanna come along, the next half doesn't start for a few hours" he suggests "that's only if you want to come along, we'll be at the bus that's got the band's name on it when and if you make your decision" he says with a wink and starts walking out of the park towards the aforementioned bus.

Mh stood in place dumbfounded for a few second after Hunter left towards the buss. Last thing he expected from skate-park was to make new friends, but now he had been invited to go eat with, what he understood, rather popular person. After he came back to his senses, he checked what time it was and shrugged, "I guess" and started following Hunter.  

5 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

Mh stood in place dumbfounded for a few second after Hunter left towards the buss. Last thing he expected from skate-park was to make new friends, but now he had been invited to go eat with, what he understood, rather popular person. After he came back to his senses, he checked what time it was and shrugged, "I guess" and started following Hunter.  

Hunter smiles, seeing that MH had decided to follow "So, I'm guessing by now you already know my name, but what's yours? I mean if we're gonna be having lunch together, we may as well know each other's names right? Otherwise it would be kind of awkward" he chuckles and then opens the door to the tour bus "Ah, home sweet home" he says "Lunch will be in about an hour, so make yourself at home"

50 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

Hunter smiles, seeing that MH had decided to follow "So, I'm guessing by now you already know my name, but what's yours? I mean if we're gonna be having lunch together, we may as well know each other's names right? Otherwise it would be kind of awkward" he chuckles and then opens the door to the tour bus "Ah, home sweet home" he says "Lunch will be in about an hour, so make yourself at home"

"My name is MH" Mh said when they entered the buss "Thanks for the invite."

He sat down making sure he wasn't anywhere where he would be in the way, "So you skate and have a band, was any of that music played there yours?"

6 hours ago, The Cerberus said:

"My name is MH" Mh said when they entered the buss "Thanks for the invite."

He sat down making sure he wasn't anywhere where he would be in the way, "So you skate and have a band, was any of that music played there yours?"

Hunter chuckles "Yep, well some of the music anyway" he says as he gets up to grab a soda "Want a drink? We've got soda, water, flavored milk, juice, coffee, tea, some alcohol, jsut about anything really, oh we have snacks as well like chips, chocolate etc..." he lists off with a smile "other than that, if you wanna mess around with any of the instruments, feel free to do so, they're all mine, plus the guys are all pretty laid back anyways"

8 hours ago, Natasha Xalian said:

Hunter chuckles "Yep, well some of the music anyway" he says as he gets up to grab a soda "Want a drink? We've got soda, water, flavored milk, juice, coffee, tea, some alcohol, jsut about anything really, oh we have snacks as well like chips, chocolate etc..." he lists off with a smile "other than that, if you wanna mess around with any of the instruments, feel free to do so, they're all mine, plus the guys are all pretty laid back anyways"

"Just water thank you" MH said, he wasn't used to situations like this and it didn't feel right to him to take too much of anything nor take nothing, so water felt like a fair choice to him. "And I don't really know anything about instruments, only acoustic guitar, and even for it only the basics."

Edited by The Cerberus

"Just water thank you" MH said, he wasn't used to situations like this and it didn't feel right to him to take too much of anything nor take nothing, so water felt like a fair choice to him. "And I don't really know anything about instruments, only acoustic guitar, and even for it only the basics."

Hunter nods as he gets MH a glass of water "Fair enough, you know...I was once like you. Unsure of everything, Of course, that was before I made my new friends within the crew and then formed the band" he says and sips on a can of strawberry soda "I can teach you if you'd like, to play an instrument I mean"

53 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

Hunter nods as he gets MH a glass of water "Fair enough, you know...I was once like you. Unsure of everything, Of course, that was before I made my new friends within the crew and then formed the band" he says and sips on a can of strawberry soda "I can teach you if you'd like, to play an instrument I mean"

"Well, friends do bring up new things about the person." Mh said "Though it's hard to believe that I would never be like you, I don't really like being in spotlight" he continued, understanding that Hunter's words were probably meant as encouragement of sorts. "Thank you for the offer, maybe someday." He felt like it would be a bother to Hunter since they were only in point of being acquaintances, if even that yet, but also felt that it would be rude to refuse totally, since he really felt that they could become friends.

Edited by The Cerberus

3 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

"Well, friends do bring up new things about the person." Mh said "Though it's hard to believe that I would never be like you, I don't really like being in spotlight" he continued, understanding that Hunter's words were probably meant as encouragement of sorts. "Thank you for the offer, maybe someday." He felt like it would be a bother to Hunter since they were only in point of being acquaintances, if even that yet, but also felt that it would be rude to refuse totally, since he really felt that they could become friends.

Hunter smiles and nods "Sure, the offer will always be open, so you know, just let me know" he says as the other members of both the skate crew and the band start getting on the bus "Well it looks like we're all here" Hunter says "where do you guys wanna go for lunch?" he asks

Serenity, the feline from before smiles "How about we just head out to somewhere like Whitecastle or Burger King?" she suggests with a purr, and pretty much everyone agreed to fast food.

27 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

Hunter smiles and nods "Sure, the offer will always be open, so you know, just let me know" he says as the other members of both the skate crew and the band start getting on the bus "Well it looks like we're all here" Hunter says "where do you guys wanna go for lunch?" he asks

Serenity, the feline from before smiles "How about we just head out to somewhere like Whitecastle or Burger King?" she suggests with a purr, and pretty much everyone agreed to fast food.

MH greeted the rest of the group with a nod as they came in and stood up when Hunter asked about the lunch. He stayed quiet and left the choice to the others and after finishing his glass of water, gave his agreement to the majority suggestion.

Edited by The Cerberus

17 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

MH greeted the rest of the group with a nod as they came in and stood up when Hunter asked about the lunch. He stayed quiet and left the choice for the others and after finishing his glass of water, gave his agreement to the majority suggestion.

Everyone smiled as Serenity took the wheel of the bus and begun driving towards the nearest fast food joint,. Hunter smiles "You'll find that everyone here are pretty friendly and laid-back. We're kind of the opposite of what you might expect from musicians and professional skaters" he says with a bit of a chuckle "Most of us came from pretty humble beginnings, and we like to stay grounded and not get too ahead of ourselves or well upstart like"

24 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

Everyone smiled as Serenity took the wheel of the bus and begun driving towards the nearest fast food joint,. Hunter smiles "You'll find that everyone here are pretty friendly and laid-back. We're kind of the opposite of what you might expect from musicians and professional skaters" he says with a bit of a chuckle "Most of us came from pretty humble beginnings, and we like to stay grounded and not get too ahead of ourselves or well upstart like"

"I'm not worried about that, I noticed you are different from the usual just from the fact that we are talking in the first place." MH said as he gave a general smile, "I'm just not used to groups, I use most of my time being by myself."

Edited by The Cerberus

11 hours ago, The Cerberus said:

"I'm not worried about that, I noticed you are different from the usual just from the fact that we are talking in the first place." MH said as he gave a general smile, "I'm just not used to groups, I use most of my time being by myself."

"Well unless you wanna continue that way mate, you won't have to be alone anymore" Hunter says as he strums a few notes on his guitar "Of course we'd give you space and such whenever you need or want it, but otherwise, we found its much more fun to do things with friends" he smiles once more before they pull up at the fast food restaurant.

7 hours ago, Natasha Xalian said:

"Well unless you wanna continue that way mate, you won't have to be alone anymore" Hunter says as he strums a few notes on his guitar "Of course we'd give you space and such whenever you need or want it, but otherwise, we found its much more fun to do things with friends" he smiles once more before they pull up at the fast food restaurant.

"Well, it never hurts to make friends." MH admitted, "And I could use some more socializing.." "So I will hang around, as long as everyone is okay with it." He was feeling little more confident about the whole thing. 

19 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

"Well, it never hurts to make friends." MH admitted, "And I could use some more socializing.." "So I will hang around, as long as everyone is okay with it." He was feeling little more confident about the whole thing. 

Everyone simply looked up from what they were doing and gave him the thumbs up, Hunter smiles "Eeyup, everyone is okay with it" he says as he puts his guitar away and stretches "Also lunch is on me" he says as they exit the bus "So order anything you'd like really"

30 minutes ago, Natasha Xalian said:

Everyone simply looked up from what they were doing and gave him the thumbs up, Hunter smiles "Eeyup, everyone is okay with it" he says as he puts his guitar away and stretches "Also lunch is on me" he says as they exit the bus "So order anything you'd like really"

"Aright. Thanks" MH said as he followed Hunter and his crew. 

When it was Mh turn to order, he ordered basic hamburger, small fries and medium drink, again partly because he didn't want to seem greedy or ungrateful, but also just because it was similar to his usual in every fast food restaurant. 

50 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

"Aright. Thanks" MH said as he followed Hunter and his crew. 

When it was Mh turn to order, he ordered basic hamburger, small fries and medium drink, again partly because he didn't want to seem greedy or ungrateful, but also just because it was similar to his usual in every fast food restaurant. 

Everyone sat down at the table and begun to eat, Serenity, the feline had taken a bit of a liking towards the cat-pony and sat next to him "You know MH, if you've got nothing better to do over the next month, why not come along with us?" she asks with a purr, swishing her tail lazily

1 hour ago, Natasha Xalian said:

Everyone sat down at the table and begun to eat, Serenity, the feline had taken a bit of a liking towards the cat-pony and sat next to him "You know MH, if you've got nothing better to do over the next month, why not come along with us?" she asks with a purr, swishing her tail lazily

MH was surprised by the sudden question, and thought about the question for a second before answering, "I shouldn't have anything to do, but are you sure?" "I mean we have known for about an hour, and I think Hunter is the only one I know name of." He felt slightly awkward because he felt that his choice of words wasn't what he wanted, but/and he would have been able to hide it, if it weren't for his tail, that made small movements back and forth.

Edited by The Cerberus

1 minute ago, The Cerberus said:

MH was surprised by the sudden question, and thought about the question for a second before answering, "I shouldn't have anything to do, but are you sure?" "I mean we have known for about an hour, and I think Hunter is the only one I know name of." He felt slightly awkward because he felt that his choice of words wasn't what he wanted, but he would have been able to hide it, if it weren't for his tail, that made small movements back and forth.

Serenity giggles "Well, isn't hanging out with others how you get to know them?" she says, still purring "But you are right, well I'm Serenity, I'm the drummer, our bassist is the stallion in the leather jacket, his name is Jackson, our rhythm guitarist and backing vocalist is the King Charle's Spaniel over there, his name is Sammy" she explains, "As for the skatecrew, the stallion in the hoodie is Jamie, The mare over there is Starla and the broody looking dragon over there is Draco" she giggles and purrs, sidling up closer to him.

Hunter chuckles "Careful mate, it would seem Serenity has her heart set on you already"