Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

@The Cerberus

It was late night in equestria, Meaning that bat ponies where out being social, Maple was heading to canterlot to go work a shift in the night guard. She was always happy to head up to canterlot during the night since bat ponies weren't too accepted during the day. She looked at canterlot from the sky where she was. "It's beautiful up here as it always is." She said to herself. After admiring that view for a while She decided to head to the castle.

Link to OOC Topic: https://mlpforums.com/topic/169058-the-mute-and-the-outcasted-1x1-with-the-ceberus/
Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Maple Bat said:

@The Cerberus

It was late night in equestria, Meaning that bat ponies where out being social, Maple was heading to canterlot to go work a shift in the night guard. She was always happy to head up to canterlot during the night since bat ponies weren't too accepted during the day. She looked at canterlot from the sky where she was. "It's beautiful up here as it always is." She said to herself. After admiring that view for a while She decided to head to the castle.

Speechless Night was heading to Canterlot too, but he didn't have any specific reason for it, he just liked to go there and see all the other bat-ponies who have to hide from the view during the day. He never did anything spectacular there, he didn't even really communicate with anypony because of his inability to speak, but he usually used his time by watching the night guard doing their thing.

He saw yellow bat pony flying close by, but kept his distance, because meeting somepony while flying ended always awkwardly. Sure he had little bag on his neck with notebook and pen for communicating with ponies, but he couldn't get them while flying. So meeting anyone in the air wasn't good opinion.

After giving a one glance towards Maple, Speechless headed for landing to Canterlot's street.  

After arriving at the castle Maple went into the barracks and got over to her trunk. She put on her night guard armor and grabbed her bow, She looked at it and smiled remembering why she kept coming back. After getting her gear she walked over to see which positions where filled.  After reviewing it there seemed to be no one patrolling out side the castle so she marked herself down to do so and left a note saying that more guards she be outside the castle satisfied with that she left the castle to go watch over the other bat ponies and keep the night safe.

After landing Speechless walked around until he heard small rustle from behind him, but didn't see anything. He checked around him if anyone was watching and when not seeing anyone, he let out quiet purr like sound, causing a small cat to carefully come out from the shadows, looking rather confused. After Speechless made few more sounds and little body movements, the cat came closer, letting Speechless to pet it.

Edited by The Cerberus

After walking around for a few minutes alone Maple enjoyed this time most of the time, a long stroll under the cool night sky, It was like a therapy for her almost. When saw another alone pony she was realived they where a bat pony so at least they wouldn't be scared of her when she confronted them. She started to head over to them "Hey! You know it's dangerous out in canterlot at night, Mostly when you're alone." She was speaking loudly but not quite yelling. "That accounts for most changeling attacks I've seen I don't want to see another." She said with resolve.

The cat noticed Maple and ran away when she appeared into sight, and Speechless followed it with his eyes until he heard Maple's voice. He turned towards her and let out sound that implied that he understood. He also took out his notebook with one of his wings, since it seemed like situation where he couldn't say enough with noises and movements alone. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Instinctively Maple's hoof moved closer to her bow when Speechless reached inside his bag without saying a word. When she realized that it was only a note book she relaxed "Something wrong?" She said confused having never met someone who was mute. "Did anything happen before I got here?"

After reading it Maple was still confused for a second Then it clicked "Oh! Alright makes sense." She said realizing she felt a bit bad for taking that long so she started brushing her mane with her hoof. "Back to my original question though. Why are you out here by yourself? I know your a bat pony but normally even us bats have a few friends." She asked smiling trying not to hurt his feelings.

Speechless browsed his notebook through shaking his head a little at few pages and then took out the pen and wrote down something. He then turned the page towards Maple, "Just enjoying the night. No point for company when you have to talk like this." 

Edited by The Cerberus

"No point in being in danger either. After all changelings are typically a threat around canterlot could be worse for you since you can't call out for help." Maple replied to him not trying to intimidate him only warn him, "So what's your name any ways?"

Speechless looked thoughtful, he had never thought that he would be in any type of danger, and when maple mentioned calling help, Speechless moved his head and wings like he would have said something in the lines of "not true exactly". When Maple asked his name, Speechless opened the first page of his notebook and showed it to Maple, "Hi. My name is Speechless Night"

Edited by The Cerberus

"Hello Speechless, I am Maple Bat." She said bowing. "It's a pleasure to me you." She looked around a bit after standing up keeping a close eye on the space near them being careful. "You interested in finding anything around here? I half live in canterlot so I could show you what your looking for, If anything."

Speechless made polite greeting gesture as answer to Maple's introduction. When Maple asked if Speechless needed directions, he shook his head and showed again the page he had written earlier, pointing at "Just enjoying the night". He then wrote an another page and showed it "But if being alone really is dangerous, then maybe somewhere with other bat ponies."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple considered where they could head. "I know a quiet little. If you're interested." She said "Don't want to take you anywhere you don't want to go though." She kept moving as if she was nervous about something. She felt nervous about talking with him since she was usually nervous ponies would find her scary.

Speechless nodded as aright.
He noticed Maple's nervousness and wanted to know the reason for. He opened page with several questions from his notebook and pointed at one with his wing, "Are you aright?" he also made a worried noise to make sure that Maple noticed his question.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple read it "Yea I'm alright! My body language was probably acting weird again. " She said optimistically "It's not far to that place I was talking about, nice establishment as well. come on." She said waving a hoof for Speechless to follow

Speechless wasn't totally convinced but choose not to continue about it because he din't want to annoy Maple. He let out a sound of agreement as he put his pen and notebook to back to their bag and started following her. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple lead the other bat pony to a small establishment it was about the size of any other building in canterlot. "Just want to sure you want to go in there." She said "Don't want to make you feel to uncomfortable we could just head back to the castle if you'd rather that?" She started to get worried again, He probably thinks I'm weird... she thought to herself.

Speechless took out his notebook again. He gave a friendly smile as he showed it "Don't worry about it." "I asked you to take me somewhere not dangerous. And you did." "My comfort isn't your problem. I can always fly back home if I want to."  He then wrote down more "Besides, I don't have problems with this place."

Maple read what she had been shown. "Alright." She shyly kicked a hoof against the ground before stepping into the building, The bar it's self wasn't very big with several places to sit, it felt wecoming and homey, there wasn't much of anypony there about only 10% of the chairs where occupied. Maple took off her armor and bow, setting them by the door and stretching a bit before walking to the counter. She sat down over there and waited for Speechless.

Speechless looked around as he entered and was positively surprised by the lack of customers. He hadn't expected Maple to join him, she being a guard, but was also glad about the company. He followed her and sat next to her, he then took his notebook, and opened a page with written down list of all kinds of foods and beverages.

Edited by The Cerberus

"Hey by the way. I'm a captain so me taking some time off should be alright." Maple had done something like this before and ponies usually asked so she usually explained it ahead of time. Maple was going to get what she usually gets, A few apples, but since she was still nervous around Speechless so she just asked for some light Cider.

Speechless pointed at "Cider" on his notebook for the bartender before opening an empty page, "So you are a night-guard captain." "You are nicer than I would expect from one" he then quickly added more "Don't get me wrong, I just always have imagined captains to be cold"

Edited by The Cerberus

"Most are pretty cold." Maple said, not the slightest bit offended. "When your past is like my you realize there's more to strength than just force behind a weapon. Swinging a blade to kill takes little thought. Swinging a blade to protect somepony however does a lot more damage." She was speaking knowing well what she was talking about, she tried to loosen up around the pony they where a bat as well but she didn't know exactly if a Vampire-Fruit bat was the same thing.