Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless made a sound to tell that he agreed with Maple's wondering as he walked in to the hallway that had been revealed, still lighting the floor in case of dark markings. After walking few meters, Speechless felt part of the floor dropping an inch, followed by click and a sound of moving stone behind them. Speechless quickly turned around only to notice that the way they had came in, had just sealed shut.

He walked back, past Maple with quick pace, and started looking around with the torch in the hope of finding another icon or lever or something else to open the way back up, only to notice that there was nothing.

(OOC: And that's where my ideas end..)

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple felt a chill go down her spine when it closed behind them... "W.... Well, That's new to me." She sounded calm but really she was freaking out not sure if there was any way out now "Let's see if we can... find another exit."

Speechless had mixed feeling about the situation, but from outside was visible mixture of panic and anger, he was angry to himself, blaming himself about the situation. He kicked the wall once, but seemingly started calming down after that, he didn't feel calm, but he knew that panicking and such didn't help the situation. He walked back to Maple, but instead of taking the lead, he stopped next to her, he didn't trust himself to lead anymore.

Maple nodded. "Alright, I'll lead now." She looked at some of the icons on nearby surfaces there was one that looked like a Chalice. Maple figured what could go wrong and pressed it, She waited and part of the floor opened up a pedestal came out of the ground revealing a broken chalice. "Well... What a letdown..." She shrugged and pressed another symbol, one of a chest, a room opened but Maple couldn't see in there as it was even darker than where they already were and nocturnal vision had limits. "You first?"

Maple followed him into the room and looked around it. "Hmm?" She looked around and saw a small chest. She opened it. "Empty..." She sighed and kept looking around she felt like it was a bigger room but they'd have to keep looking around to find out. She hoped to find something

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless wasn't surprised that the chest was empty, after all, even if they were first ones there in a long time, there most likely had been explorers in some point of time, so most visible treasures had been most likely already taken. He stayed close to Maple, keeping the torch high up to light up as much area as possible.

Maple kept walking around the room she saw an icon on the wall. It looked like another chest but something was different on this one she couldn't tell what but she could just tell that it was different. she pressed it and two torches lit up magically revealing another chest. This one was still wood and metal but it seemed more ornate than the other on, Maple was cautious about it and stepped lightly over to it. "Something seems wrong with this one..." She shrugged it off and opened, as soon as she did Speechless noticed something, the edge of the chest that closed was spiked... Almost like teeth. Maple didn't see anything in the chest but she felt the bottom move so she moved it out of the way and started looking deep inside the chest.

Speechless did notice the spikes on the chest, and though he didn't think them as a teeth, he could guess they weren't there for decoration, quickly thinking about it, he realized that there could be some kind of spring system to shut it, a trap. In a few moments Speechless thought about what would be fastest way to react, and ended up pushing his still burning torch against the lid of the chest with his wing, hoping that if the chest was going to shut itself, he could hold it even for a second, knowing well that if it did close, and he couldn't hold it, his wing was going to get hurt. He then proceeded to try to get Maple away from the chest.

Maple found something, a golden statue that looked like an alicorn with some sort of writing on it she grabbed it and when she did, Speechless was proven correct it was a trapped chest when it slammed shut a few seconds after Maple had grabbed the statue. It was about then that Speechless had managed to get Maple away from the chest but he still had his wing in the chest. "Oh my Celestia! Speechless..." She said looking at what had just happened. She lifted the chest open enough to get Speechless "Can't hold it long..."

Speechless yelped from the pain when he felt the spiked chest slamming onto his wing. Dropping the torch inside the chest he fought against the urge to pull the wing away, knowing it would only do more damage, and luckily for him Maple lifted the lid just in time. When he got his wing out, it by reflex folded itself, making it so that Speechless had to force it open with help of his another wing and one hoof so he could see the actual damage, confirming that it was just as bad as expected.

"Oh no... that... That's my fault... I'm sorry... I didn't mean for that to happen... Let me see if I've got for that." Maple was really upset she could barely think, She didn't expect something like that to happen to him, she kept trying to prevent it from happening to him but now she had gotten him hurt. He only did it to save her from her own stupid choice. She pulled out the medical supplies from earlier but had no idea what to do with it due to her panic

Though Speechless wasn't exactly calm either, he took the situation relatively well. He let his wing to close up, this was one of the few times he was annoyed that he couldn't speak, because he wanted to interrupt Maple from blaming herself, and because actual talking would have been lot more useful in the current situation. He took out the notebook with his healthy wing and wrote, though this time slower because the pain in his wing didn't exactly help him to focus. After finishing writing, Speechless dropped the notebook in front of Maple and looked at her trying to look comforting, "I don't blame you and you shouldn't either, I'm the reason why we are trapped here in the first place, and I'm the one who thought he could stop a trap with his wing."

Maple shook her head. "No... I should've just found us a way out of here... After I got hurt I should have know better than to stay and keep you in the way of danger..." She sighed holding back her emotions. "You saved my life through those spikes would have dug into my spine had you not pushed me out... all because I grabbed this statuette." She looked away from him not wanting him to see her like this, this part of her wasn't the brave heroic side she was normally. "I need a minute... Do you need help with the wing?" Seh asked not looking at him.

Speechless was going to reply again but he didn't feel like arguing so instead he put the notebook back to it's bag. He looked at his wing, it was possible for him to bandage it himself but that would have been very tricky, so he did need Maple's help with it, but he didn't proceed to tell it, instead he just looked at Maple who was now looking away. He figured that he should try to comfort Maple in someway first, because not only the situation, but also because he was sad to see her like that, but he didn't have any idea how one would comfort somepony in situation like this.

After few moment of thinking about his options, Speechless became frustrated towards himself for not being able to come up with anything, and without thinking any more, he proceeded to do the only thing he could think of at the moment, he carefully hugged Maple. 

Edited by The Cerberus

"What?" Maple said a bit confused... After another second she chuckled lightly "I... Guess you don't hate me for it then." She said... still upset at herself for all of it but much less now, she, when like this, always felt like ponies who she failed hated her but it seems this bat pony didn't care about his injury.  "W... Well, at least now you have something to talk about." She said trying to be positive to shake off that bad feeling. "I'm really sorry... But... I think you forgive me." She looked at him smiling.

Speechless nodded to confirm that he did forgive Maple, not that there was anything to forgive in his opinion, but why to cling to the details. He smiled back at Maple, but it was still apparent through the smile that his wing was hurting, and it was hurting quite a bit. After a moment, Speechless reached for the medical supplies, pulling them closer, and then he gestured to Maple asking her to help with the bandaging.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple nodded. "Alright." She said looking at it. Now that she actually saw it she noticed it wasn't too bad since he didn't try to move his wing when it closed there were about 4, quarter-inch sized holes in parts of the wing and the spikes didn't go through the wing so it would heal nicely. She pulled out the bandages but also took something else out, she examined it and nodded to herself. "This'll sting a bit." She said applying it. She was correct it did feel like it burned a bit. After she used a small amount on each of the holes she then used the bandages.

Speechless winced a bit when he felt the burning, but it wasn't that bad because of the already existing pain. After Maple had finished, Speechless thanked her with a slow nod and carefully tried to move the wing around a little, before folding it against his side again. He came to a conclusion that he was still able to fly if he had to, but it was better to avoid doing so as much as possible until the pain went away.

"i'm not super good at this but it should work for a while." Maple said examining what she did, "Let's find a way out of here. No reason to stick around, I feel the place has been explored already so there's no reason to stay down here." She stepped out of the treasure room and looked around gesturing for him to follow her.

Speechless nodded in agreement to Maple saying they should find the way out, the exploration had been fun in the start, but now it was pretty much the opposite. He followed Maple out of the room and kept looking around for a torch he could take just in case, because the one he was carrying was now inside the trapped chest, and he didn't dare to take one of the burning ones from the room, because they could have been trapped too.

Maple looked around "Uggh. It all looks the same I have no idea which way to go..." She went forwards, parallel to where they came from, after a distance Maple saw something move. She drew her Naginata and flew slightly into the air. "Stay behind me." She whispered. The thing she saw was moving fast in random directions. Possibly a tactic to get them to lower their guard. Maple waited knowing it was going to strike... whatever it was...

Speechless was first a little confused when maple drew her Naginata but after following her glance for few moments he also noticed that something was moving. He opened his healthy wing and set himself into defensive position behind Maple, meanwhile in his head going through all the fast creatures and things he knew, trying to think what would be the most likely to be in place like this, if any.  

Maple kept her eyes trained on the creature and she saw it go away she waited for a second and saw it coming straight at them. Maple spun in midair and kicked Speechless out of the way after she did she got hit by the creature, like a train, and speechless got a good luck at it, it had a long slender body, with scales, after a second in turned sharply  dropping Maple to the ground, She stood up, agitated at it, She stabbed its side.

Speechless lost his balance from the sudden kick but got up pretty quickly and watched the fight between Maple and the creature, knowing that he would only be on the way with his wing. When he had a look at the creature, Speechless started thinking scaly long-bodied creatures and got only confused, because the options he could come up didn't make sense to him, a dragon? Why would it be underground? Draconequus of sorts? Similar creature he just didn't know about?

Edited by The Cerberus