Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

After a minute and a half of fighting Maple and the creature went silent..  a bit later the creature had looked at Speechless with nocturnal eyes similar to his own, the narrow slit kind. Speechless then got a good look at it It was a giant snake, the snake itself fit surprisingly well in the room they were in a bit after the snake revealed itself Maple's voice was heard "Gah! S... Speechless run." She said weakly being crushed by the snake's coils her naginata sill embedded in the beast's side.

Speechless had never seen a snake of that size, but he didn't go anywhere, even after Maple told him to run he didn't move, but instead, he stared the snake right in to its eyes, he wasn't going to leave Maple this time. It would have been a lie to say that Speechless wasn't scared, but he did hide it well, knowing that many animals could sense one's fear, and showing fear was last thing he wanted to do in this situation.  

He then opened his wings, including the injured one, and started hissing like a snake. He wasn't best when it came to snakes, so his hissing was equivalent to somepony speaking with very bad grammar, but he hoped it was good enough as he tried to get the snake persuaded to let go of Maple, also being ready to at least try to attack the snake's eyes if it choose to attack. 

Edited by The Cerberus

The snake's eye's didn't move but neither did the snake it merely Stood there waiting on him. It did, however, hiss back something that, if Speechless could understand, "You and your partner here have set off on sacred ground, the punishment for such action is death there is no avoiding this ." It was obvious it was going to deal with Maple first then attack Speechless right after.

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless didn't understand everything, but he got enough to understand that they are somewhere they shouldn't be, and that that's why the snake wanted them dead. He hissed once more giving a one more try for solving the situation by 'talking'.  He hissed something in the lines of "We sorry. Lost and trapped. Want out." but he also prepared to attack the snake in case it became necessary, he wasn't going to leave alone. 

Edited by The Cerberus

The snake glared at him and released the pressure on Maple, Not longer crushing her but not letting her escape it's coiled body either. "Lost? How did you both end up down here in the first place? " The snake hissed back. "These grounds are not easy to find. So how could two ponies get lost here without knowing where it is in advance?" it seemed as if the snake believed they were lost but was unsure how they could have got inside in the first place.

Again Speechless understood only part of what the snake hissed, but he got the general idea and replied to best of his ability "Curiosity. Exploring. Hidden door. Floor trap. Door no more. Now here." he kept the eye contact with the snake.

Edited by The Cerberus

The snake nodded to him "Very well." He hissed releasing Maple "You two best hurry out of here before I change my mind."  He slithered off into another hallway Maple's naginata hit the edge of the hall and fell off the snake.

Maple was ok for the most part but her supplies and spirits had both been crushed. "Thanks..." She said after taking a few breaths "You can talk with animals?"

When the snake was gone Speechless started shaking, that was terrifying. He then calmed himself down and rushed to Maple to see how she was and wrote his answer quickly, "To certain extend yes." "We should hurry up with the finding our way out of here, that snake may return, it guards this place, and we are trespassing." "Are you aright?"

When the snake left Maple's Weapon hit the edge of the hall the snake went in

"I'm alright..." Maple said, pained, and trying to catch her breath, "I... can still walk... Thank you though, You save me again. Let's hurry out of here." She said moving towards her fallen Naginata and picked it up, She walked into the leftmost hallway opposite of the one the snake went into. She was walking about the same but her breathing was a bit harder, Possibly due to lack of anything in her lungs.

Speechless quickly put the notebook back to its bag, almost dropping it because of how quickly he did it. He then followed Maple, paying extra attention to her because not only was her breathing different, but also because he couldn't know what kind of things getting crushed by giant snake can cause, so he wanted to see any possible warning signs of more serious injuries. 

Speechless noticed a few things that were off, She wasn't limping but she was walking a bit differently compared to normal, She had dislocated her shoulder, the one she held her weapon primarily, the right one, Nothing time wouldn't fix but it had still hurt. The snake itself didn't crush maple long enough to break anything, save the stuff in her bags. Maple pressed an icon and revealed another room, Upon inspection of the room it was a much smaller than room than the one the snake was located in "Maybe we can find a way out here..." She said

Speechless did notice Maple's extra injuries, but decided to not to point them out because he trusted that they weren't too serious since Maple didn't say anything, but also because he had noticed earlier that their supplies got also crushed, so he wasn't sure if they could do anything about it anyway. When Maple revealed the room, Speechless stopped her from going in and went first.

Edited by The Cerberus

"S... Speechless I'm fine... Just out of breath." Maple said as he walked in "Don't worry about me." She slammed her hoof down but shuttered from the pain it caused. "Let's just keep going for now. Trust me on this I'll be fine." She said a bit angered by him trying to protect her.

Speechless wasn't convinced about Maple being fine, and even though he could tell Maple didn't like to be protected, Speechless was going to do so, especially when he himself was relatively fine. He started looking around the room, searching for anything that seemed like a way out or something dangerous.

Edited by The Cerberus

Speechless noticed something off about the walls almost like there were slots in them but not for something to go in... It was definitely a trap, but for what "C... careful" Maple said stopping him from stepping on a tile. "We... Can't handle anymore traps right now..."

The room reminded Speechless about one of the Daring Do books he had once read and it gave him an idea. He gestured maple to leave the room, and waited her to exit before following her out and walking over to her, going through the crushed supplies and taking out what was left of the book Maple had bought to herself, and the extra notebook she had bought to him. He then put the books on top of each other and from outside the room carefully threw them on the tile he had almost stepped on hoping it was enough weight to activate the trap.

Edited by The Cerberus

When the books landed on the tile it clicked and flames sprayed out of holes in the wall not traveling far from the hole they came out of. "That's not so bad... I think I see a door over there we can probably get over to it." Maple walked into the room not really worried about anything but she got halfway into the headin to the door and the she realized that she was having an even harder time breathing now.

Speechless reached to stop Maple but acted too slow, but instead of following her, he stayed outside so in case of there being something that closed the door, he could open it again from outside since he didn't believe the trap could be so....ineffective. Suddenly after looking around the now lit room, Speechless noticed something, he didn't see any vents in the room, that made him realize how the trap might work.....It burns away the oxygen and heats up the small room, suffocating who ever is in there.

He didn't know what to do, he wasn't able to warn Maple because he couldn't speak and Maple could get confused about what he meant if he would just make noises, he also couldn't just run in either because if he got weak from lack of oxygen, he couldn't help Maple. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple collapsed on the floor but when she did she landed on another tile which turned off the flames. Apparently, the trap was meant to be turned off as the traps moved out of the way revealing another pathway. It was a convenient happening but Maple wasn't moving at all not even breathing. She was alive but wasn't going to be for long, compressed lungs plus low air wasn't very good for a normal pony.

When Speechless saw Maple collapse, he filled his lungs with air and launched into the room barely noticing that the trap turned off, and when he did notice, he was already next to Maple checking her. After noticing she was not only unconscious, but also not breathing, his mind started going into panic mode as he quickly pushed her a little bit closer to the new pathway, because the air was still so low in the room that Speechless felt light headed and it wouldn't have had enough oxygen to help Maple. He then started resuscitating her, praying that it was enough. By each second, Speechless's mind filled more and more with panic, fear, anger and such, causing his eyes to water too.... 

After a few seconds of Speechless' help, Maple coughed a few times and her eyes opened a bit slowly "Uggh... Wh...What happened..." She couldn't seem to recall much of what happened but there was a small bit she knew "D... Did I do something reckless again... Ugh" She didn't move at first she knew she'd need to catch her breath She chuckled quietly. "I see you were worried. I didn't mean to almost die there." She relaxed but was ok. "Thanks... Again."

Speechless sighed from relief when Maple started coughing and sat down trying to calm himself down, that was way too close, and it was his fault again, he activated the trap on purpose like a fool, thinking that anything good could come out of it. He didn't respond to Maple's questions or thanks, he just looked at her with mixture of worry and relief, seemingly in slight shock from what had happened, 

Maple didn't really move. She didn't feel like she could now, "I'm fine Speechless. This room is new I think... Explore it for a bit there might be a way out of it." She sighed while she was there "I... Didn't mean to scare you I thought I was going to be able to make it but I guess that snake messed me up a bit... More than I thought." She felt helpless now and hated it.

Speechless finally calmed his mind down enough to think normally, he took out his notebook and after writing something he stood up, giving Maple a rather serious look as he dropped the notebook in front of her before walking to investigate the new area that had opened, without giving Maple time to respond. He didn't really want to leave Maple alone, but he knew it was better for Maple to stay in place while Speechless made sure that there wasn't anything too dangerous, than her to come too and get hurt again.

The notebook read, "You are not fine, I can see that." "I go check ahead if there's way out or more traps, and I ask you to wait here until I come back, I have caused you enough damage already." "If there's any trouble or you need help with something, please for love of Luna call me back here."

Edited by The Cerberus

"Alright, I will..." Maple said weakly from where she was. She looked at the rough wondering how far down they were at this point.

Speechless entered the room and felt it was warm, probably due to the fire earlier, he noticed about 4 diffrent doors in the room he could reach, there were 3 others but they'd need him to fly to them, lastly he noticed that there wasn't any traps on the floor, at least... that he could see.