Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless felt frustrated when he saw all the doors, why couldn't it be easy for once. He looked at the doors that were higher up, they would certainly be closer to exit because they were higher, but he wanted to check if there was stairs or something up first, both because of his wing, and because he wasn't sure how well Maple was able to fly in her current state. He decided to explore the doors in order, starting from the most left one, planning to then go second left and so on.

Edited by The Cerberus

When Speechless walked up to the first door it shut as he approached it from what he saw that was in there he could tell that there wasn't much in there though perhaps it did look like a familiar pathway but he couldn't place it for sure or not. But it didn't matter they couldn't reach it anyways.

Speechless got surprised by the door closing in front of him and he looked around for a moment to see if he had stepped on something by accident, but he didn't see trap-tiles or anything similar, so he shrugged and proceeded towards the next door. 

Edited by The Cerberus

As speechless walked away he noticed that the door opened back up again it must have been motion activated to close there or something The next room was cold, almost freezing, the reason it was is that the walls and floors were frozen solid as for how it got that way there was no visible clue of how it happened. Even just outside that room there was frozen on the floor.

Speechless looked at the first door when it opened again, he thought about it for a second and figured it was a trap, a one way doorway. When he arrived to the second door, he looked inside the frozen room if there was anything interesting, but choose to not go in yet, he rather looked if the two last doors had something before taking the risk of getting trapped into ice-room, maybe he could find a torch, fire could be helpful in room full of ice. He moved back and went for the third door.

Edited by The Cerberus

The third room looked like a dead end it was a small room, however, most of the room's walls were glowing icons of all different variaty. A lot of them were new designs and such but there were no tiles on the floor.

After not seeing anything on the floor, Speechless stepped in the third room, looking around him with amazement and slight annoyance, searching for familiar icons. After looking through most of the icons, Speechless started thinking his next action, should he start pressing icons that looked safe, or should he check the last room first, or, should he return to Maple.

He then made his decision, he would go and check the last door to see if there's anything, and after that come back to this room and start pressing icons. He then proceeded like he planned.

The last room was old looking with plants and greenery though there were a number of plants that Speechless had never seen before. Speechless then heard a silent *tink* Behind him, Maple had approached him using her naginata to help her get around. "Is... Everything ok?"

Speechless was slightly confused, but he wasn't sure if it was because the plants were there, or because he didn't recognize most of them. He jumped a little when he heard the *tink* but smiled when he saw it was just Maple, and nodded that everything was ok. He then subconsciously moved his hoof to take his notebook out so he could explain what he knew, but he then remembered that he had left it with Maple, and thus he pointed at his empty bag, and then Maple with asking expression. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple reached into her bag and pulled out Speechless' notebook and handed it to him "I got it don't worry." She smiled at him before coughing a bit more. Speechless could tell, no amount of guard training could have prepared her for a battle with a giant snake. She looked down the nearest path and saw the one with greenery growing in it she wondered what could possibly hurt them in there...

Speechless took the notebook and thanked with a nod. Seeing Maple in that state made Speechless feel little sad, and it was visible from outside that he felt bad about it, after all, he was still blaming himself from it, it was he who had given Maple the idea to explore the passages in the first place, and it was he who caused them to be lost. After taking the notebook from Maple, Speechless wrote what he knew....

"There's total of seven doors, three of them being out of reach." "First door on the left closes itself when you go near, second leads to room that is covered in ice without obvious cause." "Third is room filled with different icons, most of them new, and lastly fourth, it's full of plants and greenery, mostly unknown species, may be poisonous, I don't know."

"The plants are probably the kinds that need little to no light to grow, Like mushrooms but perhaps something else since it's green." She looked up to the 3 that were higher up "If you need me to, I could fly up to one of those and take a look in them, Shouldn't prove too challenging." She didn't really want to try it unless she had to though "Or we could try the room with all the icons?"

Speechless shook his head as he wrote "No, you shouldn't risk yourself anymore, if flying becomes necessary, I'm fully capable of doing that, It's just wounds." "And I think the room with the icons would be the best choice to start with." He didn't want Maple to come with him but he knew he couldn't stop her, and he couldn't be sure if she would be any more safe outside the room anyway, since he had no idea what could happen. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple nodded following him, still using her spear to support her weight. This is demeaning. She thought But it was nice to at least learn a bit about the place. She smiled as she walked into the new room seeing an icon that looked like up arrows but flrowed as she realized what that could mean. She kept looking.

Speechless too started looking the icons through, not really sure if he should press them or not, he didn't see anything that indicated that there was traps in the room they were in, but then again, point of traps was that you don't know they are there. Few familiar icons he saw were the sword that activated the living statue and the square that didn't do anything, but he didn't see either of the two icons that usually opened a new door.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple saw one that was a line, Nothing else, just a line. She pressed it and there was a loud *CLANG* She looked outside the room seeing that there was now a piece of rusted metal blocking the door that Speechless said closed on its own when you got close to it. "Hey... We can go that way now." Maple said "Not sure if you want to though."

It was true Speechless would have liked to see what else there was but he had to think what was the most reasonable thing to do, he wrote "Though it would be interesting to know what all of these do, I think we should continue now that that door presumably stays open, it's our best bet to get out". Presumably because they couldn't know if the rusted metal was enough to hold the door open until they got close to it. 

When the two walked over the door closed as if it was unobstructed the metal bar nearly hitting them. Maple was confused on why it didn't break since it closed anyway. "Wait... I got this." Maple pushed the rusted metal and the door slightly opened but then Maple ran out of strength and stopped the door slamming shut again. "I'll move it.. but I can't-do it... sorry..."

Speechless wasn't really surprised that the metal bar did nothing and looked at Maple slightly sympathetically, he wrote "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault." "I could try to open the door enough for you to get to other side, I could try to find another way for myself." He wasn't sure why he even suggested it, he was sure Maple wouldn't agree on leaving him there, not that he really believed he actually could even get the door open wide enough in the first place. He wrote more "But on second thought, I don't think I could actually do that, I guess back to the icon room we go."

Maple looked at the door "Alright... Nothing we can do about it now." She said following Speechless back to the room but not before giving the door one last glance. She sighed "I hope we can get out of here... It's seems it's getting hard and..." Maple let out a big, but silent, yawn. "Maybe we should rest before carrying on. I'm ... Pretty tired." Maple knew why she was, SHe'd been through quiet a bit already.

Speechless partly agreed, he knew Maple needed rest and it was only matter of time when he too became tired, but then there was also the fact that their supplies were crushed and he didn't know how much, if any, of their food and water had survived, so it was important to try get out as fast as possible, if possible. He wrote, "You can, and should rest, I'm not tired yet so I keep trying to figure something out here."  And hope I don't screw up anything further, he wanted to add, but chose not to.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple nodded "Alright." Maple went through her things and removed 2 unbroken water canteens and  one of the Sleeping bags she had bought earlier, She fell asleep atop it.

Speechless was going to have to be careful not to affect the room but Speechless did notice something, an Icon with a camera type thing on it. There was also another of the same icon with a 'X' over the camera.

After seeing the canteens, Speechless went through in his head how long that would approximately last but stopped himself, assure to himself that they weren't going to need them, he wasn't sure if he really believed himself but it kept him positive enough to think.

He looked at all the icons thinking what he already knew, square did nothing and a line did something useless, maybe basic shapes were safe, and sword activated the statue, so probably good to stay away from icons that looked like weapons. He then noticed the two camera-looking things, cameras? in accident tunnels? Maybe it was something else, but he guessed that since they were identical besides the X, they were some kind of on and off thing.

He reached to press one without the X first but stopped before touching it, and looked at Maple, what if he was wrong and there was no logic between the icon's, what if they were created in way that thinking it like that was actually a bad thing.... He shook his head, he couldn't do nothing, he had to try something, he looked at the one with the X, off-switch would be less risky, but then again, it wasn't necessary on off thing.

He took a deep breath and pressed the icon with the X on it, immediately readying himself to react if something happened.

When Speechless touched it, it had felt like a button that was already pressed down it wouldn't press at this point like it's effect was already activated. The other one, however, seemed to be jutting out of the wall just a bit, something Speechless noticed when he started to press the one with the 'X' on it. He was correct on his assumption it was an on, off system.

Speechless was kinda glad he was right, but at the same time he wasn't happy about the result because that meant he would activate something if he pressed the icon, and that could go terribly bad. But despite of his reluctance to take the risk that he could make things worse, he pressed the camera-icon that didn't have a X, again readying himself for the worst, reassuring himself that if something went wrong, he could always press the off-button. 

Edited by The Cerberus