Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Several panels among the walls flipped when Speechless pressed the icon several areas of the pathways a few of them Speechless recognized, This was a control room. For the things that didn't happen via icons that were already there. On a second glance, a pony would notice that the sword icon was glowing as was the collosus... which means something activated this icon... So they weren't alone in these pathways.

Speechless would have been speechless if he could have spoken in the first place, he didn't know what to think, he could tell this was some kind of control room, but he had still no idea what most of the icons did.

He first didn't pay attention to the glow on the icons, but when he didn't see similar glow anywhere, he looked it little closer and realized it was in the pathway where there was the door to the spike-trap they had found, he then looked at the icon that had opened said door, but it wasn't glowing, so it wasn't what he and Maple had activated, could it be there was somepony there now. 

After that Speechless backed up a little and looked at the map as whole, if this was a map of the whole place, and even half of the icons he could see were traps........He then started thinking, what happened to those who fell victim to the traps, he hadn't seen any bones anywhere... he shook his head, no time for wonder, he needed to figure out how they could get out.

(OOC: I hope I understood it right)

Edited by The Cerberus

While Speechless was thinking he heard someone approaching, the hoofsteps where heavier than Maples normally where and there was a *clang* "Good heavens! What are you doing here!" a stallion, grey coloured and with a similar mane but rather young looking was staring at Speechless. He tilted his head and looked at Maple "You two are still here? I figured the golem would have scared you both off..."

When Speechless heard somepony coming, he turned towards the door, preparing himself, and when he saw a stallion coming in, he was both slightly confused and wary. He kept his eyes on the stranger, he didn't want to let his guard down before he knew if the pony was friend or foe. He also moved slowly closer to Maple, looking almost like an animal stalking its prey as he kept his eyes on the stallion, difference being that it was obvious that he was defensive instead of aggressive. 

Edited by The Cerberus

The stallion kept looking at Speechless. "Alright, Alright you both are here now, I'm not gonna do anything. I just don't like ponies down here hence the defences none of those are fatal, not even my pet snake, well... except that spike pit... I'm sorry you both ran into that I was gonna fill that but I haven't gotten around to it." He looked a bit confused "I know you both got hurt but no one has died here... I'm surprised you both didn't give up you were both persistent you were you kept coming this way. Since you both wanted to meet me so bad here I am." He said closing the door to the room behind him. An icon to open it appearing next to the door.

Speechless didn't lower his guard but he took out his notebook, slowly, and still keeping his eyes on the stallion, he wrote short sentences before flipping the notebook over and holding it with his mouth so the stallion could read it. "No idea who you are." "She did almost die." "Our exit was blocked." He didn't think the stallion was a threat, but he couldn't be sure, he could always be acting.

"Wait!" The stallion jumped into the air when he flinched this time, "She almost... Hold on. Could you let me look at her... Please." He asked approaching Speechless and Maple slowly and carefully. "I'm, 'The keeper' Guardian of these grounds, I'm the reason it seems like the place is attacking you both, I'll apologize but it is my job to protect the place."

Speechless was surprised by the stallion's reaction, and when he asked to look at Maple, Speechless nodded, but also gave him a deadly look as a warning, he was going to attack if the stallion gave even tiniest reason for it. He wrote again, still keeping his eyes on the stallion, and after finishing, he again put the notebook in his mouth so his hoofs and wings were free to react, if the stallion tried something, "The giant snake also mentioned something about guarding something, but I still don't understand what you are guarding."

Edited by The Cerberus

The stallion looked at Maple examining her closely. "Oh? You can speak with animals? Well anyways yes everything in here is to guard one thing, and if I told what it was then I might as well take you to see it so I'll just say it's important, more important to Equestria that those alicorn princesses possibly," 'The Keeper' pressed a hoof against Maple's ribs and she woke up wincing in pain "She's in particularly rough shape... I'm sorry miss for all the damage you took the place was never designed to kill you."

Maple, who had experienced quite the rude awakening, look at the stallion "You... I recognize you now... I've seen you here before."

"I can't say I remember you miss, however that's probably just my memory." He stood up to go collect some things "I'll return with some stuff for you both if you're still here, Food, water... Medical stuff. Just wait here." He pressed the icon to open the door and left closing it behind him.

Speechless didn't feel like asking more questions about what it was that was guarded, if the pony was speaking the truth, he didn't want the responsibility that would come from knowing something like that. When Maple winced, Speechless wasn't happy about it, but he gave the stallion benefit of the doubt that he didn't mean to hurt Maple. 

When the stallion left, Speechless sat down next to Maple and held his notebook in a way that she could read it without moving too much, "You know that pony?" "And sorry I let him to do that." "How are you feeling?".

Edited by The Cerberus

Seeing as Speechless was trying to keep her laying down Maple stayed on her left side "No... Only seen them in these tunnels a few times... It's ok, He probably didn't try to hurt me..." Maple was still half asleep and was drifting towards going back to sleep. "I'm alright... I've been better... But I'm still alive so that's good. Where'd the stallion go?"

Speechless smiled at Maple, he was finally calming down, he still didn't know how they would get out, but he probably could ask the stallion for the way out, he didn't seem like a bad guy, though Speechless still didn't fully trust him, but at least they were safe for now. He wrote, again showing the notebook in a way that maple didn't need to move, "He said he is going to get food, water and medical supplies for us, that's all I know."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple nodded and fell back to sleep, for a few minutes the room was completely silent no other sounds except Maple's light breathing. Eventually, the door opened again and the grey stallion walked in with 2 saddlebags and set it down pulling out some odd looking golden sustance, it reminded Speechless of jelly but perhaps a bit less stiff. He aplied the salve(?) to Maple's chest gently not wanted to startle her again. "Help yourself to the other things I brought." He said looking up at speechless.

Speechless looked at the stallion applying the substance, not really sure what to think about it, he wanted to trust the stallion, but he couldn't get himself to drop off the distrust, maybe it was because Speechless was little overprotective, or maybe it was simply because they met him in underground tunnels and he claimed to be the reason for all the bad that happened. Speechless wrote a question before he dropped the notebook next to the stallion and proceeded to look in the bags. "What is that substance"

"What, Oh this," He realized "It's just a light mix of several plants with relatively strong healing properties most of them grow in that room with the plants in it." The stallion stopped and stood up stretching a bit, "Just because I drive ponies off doesn't mean I don;t want to help. I hate the fact I have to hurt them at all but the immortality's worth it... Probably shouldn't have said that..." He shrugged it off.

Speechless choose to believe the stallion about the substance, not that Speechless could do anything about it anyways, the substance was already applied. He looked into the bags the stallion had brought to see what there was, he didn't exactly need anything yet, but he wanted to check what there was, if not for any other reason than tell Maple if she asks.

When the stallion mentioned immortality, Speechless looked at him with surprise and slight curiosity, it made sense in a way that guardian of place like this would be immortal, and he knew it was possible, or at least it was possible to live so long it would be almost like immortality, The Princesses being a good example, but he wasn't really sure if he believed it, but decided not to ask about it.

Speechless, who was still by Maple started to hear popping noises coming from Maple, They happened for a little bit followed by a *crack* from what sounding like her back leg, which the stallion had also applied some of his 'Mixture' to. Despite all of this Maple wasn't waking up so she seemed to not be in pain but then again it sounded like her bones where almost breaking.

Speechless' ear started twitching as reaction to the rather unpleasant sounds and he looked at Maple worried, before turning his gaze at the stallion and going to him. Speechless poked the stallion with his hoof to get his attention, and with demanding expression he pointed at Maple and then a word from seemingly random page of his notebook he was holding with his wing "Explain".

The stallion looked at him confused before realizing what he meant. "Oh! Those sounds were her bones, They were broken or just out of place but now they should be back to normal, They'll still hurt but at least it's not permanent damage now." The grey stallion looked at Maple. "I do hope she wakes up soon, I'd like to help you both get out of here since I trapped you anyways. Anything else you're curious about? Becuase I'd like to know how to talk to snakes."

Speechless didn't seem fully convinced but he choose to believe the stallion for now, not that he really could do anything else since it already happened, and doubt wasn't good reason to attack a pony, especially when Speechless himself wasn't in the best condition either. He too looked at Maple once more, before he started writing, "I take your word on it, for now." "She has been through a lot of damage, almost dying probably consumes lot of energy too, it may take a while before she wakes up."

Speechless then turned his notebook back at himself so he could continue writing, he thought for a moment if he wanted to know something, "When and by who this place was build?" "And for talking to snakes, well, I can't really teach that." "My talent is less like talking to animals and more like being said animals." "And I think I have physical differences to other ponies allowing me to do things ponies normally can't do. Probably also the reason why I'm unable to speak."

'The Keeper ' Looked at him "You know Starswirl's era right? The one before Celestia's rule? It was then that this place was built. I have been guarding it since she took over as for who built it... I've no clue it was finished when I was brought here as a guardian for it." He shrugged "My pet snake, The one you two encountered, seems to not understand the concept of nonleathel, Perhaps you could help me?" The stallion asked him

Speechless let out a thoughtful sound as a reply to the information 'The Keeper' gave about the passages, he found it interesting that nopony seem to know who built them, since that meant that there wasn't even any books, letters or anything similar found about it. When 'The Keeper' asked Speechless if he could help with the snake, he was reluctant at first because he didn't like that creature at all and wanted to stay as far away from it as possible, but when he thought about it for a few moments, he choose to do it. He wrote, "I can try, but I don't promise anything, I'm not that good with snakes yet."

'The Keeper' smiled "Oh! Thanks! I just can't seem to get him to be calmer around strangers. I got worried when my pet, grabbed the bat, I thought she was going to die then but thankfully you managed to get her out of that situation, Come on. And thanks so much once again." The pony said leading speechless out of the room.

The bat, Speechless thought to himself, the stallion just called Maple the bat, he didn't know if the thing that annoyed him was the fact that the stallion used such name, or the fact that he said it about Maple, but it did annoy him. He followed the stallion out, feeling nervous about the situation, he was letting a stranger to lead him to a giant snake to try if he could stop it from killing ponies, there was so many things that could go wrong for him.  

'Keeper' Stopped "Alright we'll wait here for him." He said taking a seat on the ground "Don't worry about anything going awry, He's my pet after all and will still listen to commands but I can't convey the point of 'nonlethal' as effectively as I'd like. Which is where you come in and help me." He said smiling "Oh and thank you again for doing this."