Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless followed Maple, he was also interested about the stand because there could be something to decorate his house with. When they arrived to the stand, the Unicorn said with a cheerful voice "Welcome, if you see anything you like, let me know." "For one bit you get four things, and for one pouch of good sand you get one." Speechless then got an idea, he pointed towards the pendant that Maple liked and then took out one of the stone sculptures from his saddlebag, and broke its bottom, causing sand to come out. The mare looked at the sand and then nodded "This works, let's say three of those for one thing."

Edited by The Cerberus

"Like 3 statues for one pendant or 3 glass things for one of those?" Maple asked the Unicorn not really sure and she didn't want to steal it. "Also speechless I can pay for it you don't have to." Then again She thought If he doesn't trade away those statues then he's gonna toss them out anyway.

"Three stone statues for one of anything on my stand." The unicorn clarified cheerfully. When Maple said that she can pay, Speechless shook his head smiling and then turned back towards the unicorn. He pointed at the statue he had broken and then towards is saddlebag, then 'writing' 12 in the air. He then pointed at the pendant and three small statues, a manticore, a cat, and a Dragon. The unicorn seemed to understand what he meant and said "Sure, you want me to wrap them up?" Speechless pointed at the three statues again and nodded, and then gestured to Maple to make the choice for the pendant.

Maple smiled at Speechless when he decided to pay. She pointed at the pendant she was looking at before "I'm not sure why but I do like this one. only guess I have is it caught my eye first." She explained.

The hunter was watching the two from a distance waiting to see if they attacked someone. He wasn't just going to fight them in a crowded place he'd have to wait until they hurt someone so they public would turn against them too. Maple nor Speechless could recognize the hunter due to them changing cloaks and hiding his main defining features.

The unicorn wrapped up the small statues into a paper that seemed like it would protect them from pretty hard hits, she then took a string that she tied to the pendant so it could be worn, then giving the pendant to Maple. Meanwhile Speechless had emptied his saddlebag from the stone sculptures and was now putting the wrapped glass statues in, making sure that they would stay in place inside the bag.

Maple slipped the pendant on. It caught the light perfectly after she did. So it shone a rainbow when she looked at speechless. "Thanks. I owe you one." Maple told him "I'll pay you back for this at some point. Maple felt a cold breeze wash over her and Speechless "Phew... Nights are usually cold huh. At least for this time of year." Maple said opening her wings a bit to block parts of the wind

Speechless just smiled warmly to Maple, the pendant looked good on Maple. In his opinion Maple didn't owe him anything, but he knew that she would most likely insist she does, so he didn't point it out. Speechless shivered a little from the cold breeze, but he didn't open his wings or really react in any other way, and to Maple he replied with a agreeing sound.

Maple started to feel anxious but it wasn't because of the cold or even the crowds around them. It was something else. She looked around for a second then pushed that feeling away thinking it was a false alarm. "See anything cool we could go look at? I saw the pendant and came over here but I want you to have a say in it too."

Speechless noticed Maple looking around, but he guessed she was looking for the hunter, understanding why she would do so. He didn't ask her about it, because he didn't want anypony to get curious about it after hearing Maple replying to him. After Maple's question, Speechless looked around a little, but nothing really stood out to him, so he just shook his head and gestured to Maple to lead the way. 

Maple smiled at him when he suggested she lead and she did when she saw a pony selling archery stuff. Bow, gear, accessories, etc. "I'm gonna take a look at that stuff. You go ahead and see if you can find something else you like." She told him as she walked over to the stand, away from speechless.

She got close to the stand and started talking to the pony there. He was a red pegasus Stallion... He seemed to have his eyes closed... No, she just couldn't see them... "Ahh, and what are you interested in here?" The pony asked Maple as she approached.

The mane thing that she liked was looking at was a specially carved bow. "That weapon up there... It seems actually pretty well-built, Seems to have a pretty good draw weight on it and it looks like a durable weapon too. Mind if I test it out?"

The stallion smiled to her "Of course... Step inside the tent behind me and I'll let you try it. There's a target in there so it won't break  anything." The pony, with a very friendly smile, opened the way in for her as she walked in.

Speechless looked after Maple for a while, he saw the vendor and almost went to just get Maple away from there, but he then reminded himself that there was other red ponies than the one hunting them, and he assured himself that Maple could handle herself since she had the sword now. He then started wandering around, looking through different stands, ending up back to the glass vendor and looking through rest of her inventory.  

Edited by The Cerberus

After a few minutes Speechless saw Maple's sword on the Archery booth, The bow she was testing was gone however and so was she... Maple hadn't found speechless again since she left that tent and she was lost in a crowd She flew up into the air and looked around trying to find speechless. She saw several similarly colored bat ponies and from as high up in the air, as she was she couldn't point out any defining features.

When Speechless saw the sword on the booth, he assumed Maple had traded it to the Bow that was now missing, but he choose to still investigate, just in case. As he approached the booth, he saw something moving on the edge of his field of view, and after turning towards it, he saw Maple taking flight. He then walked to the side so he could open his wings and also take flight without hitting other ponies. 

Maple saw speechless become airborne and flew over to him. "Hey. There you are. I lost you and got worried. Good thing we can fly, however. Oh, check out what I found." Maple showed him the bow from earlier and he noted it was shaped strangely. "I don't know why but I think I'll really like it... Not more than my enchanted one of course but it still feels like a good weapon." The bow was a Yumi if Speechless was able to recognize the weapon

Speechless didn't really know anything about weapons so he didn't recognize the bow. When Maple came to him, he did a sound of greeting smiling, and after Maple showed the bow, he replied with sound of curiosity and slight amazement, it being equivalent to saying something among the lines of 'cool'. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple but the bow around her shoulder "They called it a 'You-Me' " Maple's accent was bad but the word was something very eastern and she didn't know how to say it with the accent "Long shot, High power... But it's quite a heavy draw weight more than I can pull right now but I'll work up to it. Asked him how he made it but he didn't tell."

Speechless didn't fully understand everything Maple said, but he again replied with with a sound, not being able to write in the air. He then realized something, they were flying, that meant that they were easy to see and there was nopony around, and that meant that they were easy target for certain pony. He gestured Maple to ask if they should land, but he was smiling and hid his reasoning, he didn't want to make her think about the hunter again, not until there was a actual reason for it.

Maple didn't "Oh yea, We can't see anything interesting from up here." She chuckled "Come on, Let's go down." Maple didn't really notice a look of fear or concern in him so she felt she should be the same way. She landed near the edge of a crowd. Something did both her, Sure the hunter could find them if they were flying but what if somepony recognized her and everyone else started to as well. For now, she could only hope that no one would

Speechless landed next to Maple, but it was little less smooth than usual because he was lot more careful with glass in his saddlebag. After landing he took out his notebook again and wrote "I'll let you to lead the way, I didn't really see anything interesting besides the three statues I already traded."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple looked around for a bit and saw another stand, That one was selling odd trinkets, the kinda stuff that's enchanted or special like that. Maple would've been skeptical of that kinda stuff but after the story about the alicorn amulet she had a little faith in odds and ends like that. "What do you think of that place?"

Speechless didn't really trust enchanted items because he didn't understand them, but he didn't have any real reason to not to at least look at them, so he simply pointed at "Sure" before putting the notebook back to its bag so he didn't accidentally drop it in the crowd. 

When Maple walked over the pony glanced at her going over her form quickly, same with speechless. It took the merchant a second before he realized what they were and when she did... "W... Wait I thought Vampires were a myth... I..."  She panicked  for a second not sure why there were two there... "H... Help!"

"Hey... Hey. Calm down" Maple pleaded trying to sooth the scared pony "We're not gonna harm you... You've got the wrong idea of what we are."

"Don't tell me that! I can see it on you!" The pony yelled. The panic was drawing, unwanted attention to Maple and Speechless

Speechless didn't even try to do anything to convince the scared pony otherwise, because any gesture, or even reaching for the notebook could have been understood wrong. Noticing that they were getting attention now, Speechless gently poked Maple to follow, as he started walking away from the stand, figuring that it was better option than staying and trying to explain that everypony was wrong.

Maple looked at speechless "Y... Yea... We should probably-" She, however, was interrupted by a bolt flying between the two hit the ground between them. Maple, Out of instinct, Grabbed the yumi and nocked one of the arrows. As she looked through the crowd she saw the hunter reloading and panic spread through the market. The artifact seller's freak out had tipped it but it was still calm but not the attack had caused a full blown panic.

Speechless got surprised by the bolt, but not because it came out of nowhere, but because it didn't hit. He also spotted the hunter, and at this point he didn't care about the public opinion, so he opened his wings as a threat to the hunter, and using the crowd to his advantage, he started moving towards the hunter between the panicking ponies.