Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

The hunter tried aiming at speechless but he kept moving in the crowd. Maple, however, was still, she was trying to aim her yumi. It was a lot harder to aim the weapon. Since the arrow didn't nock at the middle, rather a bit below it. She already had it figured out but it still messed with her aim. The 2 aimed at each other firing at the same time both of them hit each other. Causing Maple to drop the yumi, With a bolt sticking out of her chest. As for the hunter, the arrow had hit him in the shoulder, which happened to be the one he reloaded his weapon with, So using that was out of the question, He drew a knife hiding it under his wing until Speechless got close, or if he got distracted with Maple.

Due Speechless keeping his eyes on the hunter, he first saw the hunter getting hit, thinking that if he managed to rip the arrow off the hunter's shoulder, he would make considerable amount of damage, due how arrows were shaped. He then registered the sound of something hitting the ground in his head and turned towards Maple, and after seeing that she had been hit, instead of the expected reaction that would have been running to Maple, Speechless turned his eyes towards the hunter, and if the hunter was to look him into his eyes, he wouldn't see fear, nor sadness, because only thing burning in Speechless' eyes was anger. 

Speechless' ears twitched before turning flat against his head, and even though it really wasn't visible, each hair of his coat was sticking up, as he launched at the hunter, again going for anything that wasn't protected by armor, places like the hoofs or face, also looking for opportunity to grab the arrow that Maple had shot, and pull it out as painfully as possible.

The hunter was taking a beating from speechless rage but he used the fury to his advantage and violently kicked Speechless. For a pegasus the pony was really strong. "I'm... ready this time." After the kick the pegasus swung at the now off-balance Speechless, The knife aimed to plunge into his rib cage. The weapon itself would do considerable damage paired with the pegasus' strength at it meant a hit from the weapon would do more damage than a trained guard could take.

The kick caused the air to leave Speechless' lungs again, leaving him paralyzed for a second before he recovered enough to get back on his hoofs. Due him being slightly concussed from the kick, he didn't notice the knife until it had struck into his front leg that he had accidentally managed to put in the way of it going towards his chest, and it doing pretty serious damage to his leg.

Speechless let out a cry of pain, and out of reflex, he sank his wings' claws and his teeth into the hoof/wing that was holding the knife.

The hunter moved his hoof back, taking the knife with it. It was apparent how much more damage the hunter did with his knife. He laughed "A good try but don't bother it's only inevitable!" He rose his knife but an arrow hit it and knocked it away.

Maple had fired the shot an knocked it out of his hand. "Help! Guards Your captain needs help!" Maple yelled drawing a lot of attention to herself. 3 guards quickly came to her and she pointed at the hunter. "He's attacking me!" The guards nodded and moved to apprehend the hunter.

The hunter knew her plans. The hunter started to move around quickly dodging the guards for now.

Speechless didn't give the hunter the pleasure of seeing him scared when he thought that the hunter had won, and just stared at him when he rose the knife. When Maple's arrow knocked the knife away, Speechless planned to try and help the guards, but quickly withdrew that plan, because when he tried to take step, the pain from his leg radiated to his whole body. There wasn't any broken bones, but the flesh-damage was pretty bad, and he needed to get it bandaged up before he lost too much blood. 

Speechless was relatively fine considering, but he was feeling slightly dizzy. 

After removing the bolt from her chest, Maple ran over to speechless. "Are you ok?! It looked like you got hurt bad. Much worse than me... " Maple was worried "I'll go find something to help." Maple ran off and it took her a while before she returned.

A guard came over to speechless while Maple was gone "Are you alright sir? I didn't see what happened... Care to elaborate?"

Speechless made a short sound that implied 'yes', but besides the obvious big wound in his leg, he was also swaying a little due the combination of standing on three legs and the dizziness, mostly cause by his body being in shock from the injury. He reached for his notebook with his wing, slowly, to avoid any misunderstanding, and when he got it out, he flipped open a page and from random sentence pointed at word "Mute", just so he could get that out of the way, before he started writing his response. 

Edited by The Cerberus

The guard nodded "That's alright. I'll still need to know what the hay happened here... Captain Maple ran by and told me to find you... You ARE Speechless Night, Correct?" The guard kinda knew he was talking to the right pony, He'd seen him with Maple before with him but the guard had to ask to be sure.

Maple meanwhile was still looking for something to help Speechless while dueling with her own pain, The bolt had hit her right in the chest dead between the two shoulders, She was lucky she could still move, If she would've tensed up when it hit she wouldn't have been able to walk. She eventually found a medical trade stand and she took some supplies from it. Leaving a large sum of bits there for the stand's owner. The amount was more than enough to pay for what she took.

Speechless just nodded as reply to the guard. He then started writing, but the pain and dizziness made it hard to think, so his writing was shaky, readable, but shaky, and he wrote short sentences "Mable and me at Market." "Vendor started panicking, thought we were a threat." "The pegasus shot at us with crossbow." "You can see where that led." He then winced from pain before he added with even worse writing "He attacked us in forest earlier.", He then sat to the ground, because he feared that his legs would give away if he kept standing. 

"The pegasus should've known better... We handle that stuff but you seem nice enough to not be a threat." The guard said evaluating him  "He panicked because you both are part-vampire, yes? That certainly tells me something... Then there's the fact he attacked you once before... We'll make sure he suffers the punishment appropriate." The guard saw Maple running back and saluted her.

Maple waved them off and set some of the things she had gotten on her flat open wing "You don't think the knife was poisoned do you." Thankfully the knife wasn't poisoned but the weapon still had done considerable damage. "I don't think I see traces of poison there... I'll get to work." Maple started to use the medical products, She eventually drew her spear and plunged it into a nearby blazer, the kind that is like a decorative torch, to heat it up. The blade started to glow red and she lifted it out. Contemplating if she should do this... It would close the wound for sure! But it would hurt Speechless. She looked at him for the answer to that question

Speechless again just nodded as a reply to the guard, he wondered if the guard was well-informed or if Maple had told the part-vampire part, but he soon stopped wondering about it, he had bigger things to think about, as he was getting continuously dizzier due the blood-loss, it wasn't severe, but it was notable. When Maple arrived and asked about the possible poison, he slowly shook his head, he didn't believe so, because knowing what the hunter's goal is, if they used poison, it would be so strong that its effect would be quick. 

When Maple did the thing with the spear and looked at him, Speechless knew what she was asking, and though he would have liked more...painless option, he knew that it was best to get out of the way, and besides, how much worse it could be compared to the current pain. He nodded with a smile, trying to make Maple feel less bad for it, guessing that she didn't exactly crave to do it. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple nodded grimly and took Speechless hoof. She rose the weapon pointing it at Speechless' wound but hesitated. She just gave it a look and then plunged the hot blade into the ground, "I can't... I remember when I did it to myself once... I... Can't do it to you..." She just started to work on the wound with normal medications. It would take Maple longer but at least she wasn't gonna feel bad about it. She thought of what her Mom would do if She was healing Maple, Small converstaions helped but that was off the table... She just worked with what she had for a while in silence.

Speechless had braced himself, and was partly glad that Maple ended up being unable to do it, he hadn't been looking forward to it, and it wasn't the only way to deal with the injury, it was just the one with least effort.
He smiled warmly to Maple almost like to say 'It's aright'. He then chuckled faintly as he wrote using his wings, still with the shaky writing, making sure he didn't get in a way of Maple working on his injury, and after finishing,he just dropped the notebook close to Maple so she could read it when she saw fit. "You saved my life with that arrow." "I guess we can call it even now." "Also, how are you feeling, I saw you getting hit?".

Edited by The Cerberus

"I guess we are even" Maple chuckled covered the place the bolt had hit with her wing only so speechless wouldn't worry about it "I'm fine. The armor guards wear doesn't cover a lot of your chest so it tends to get resilient when it comes to taking damage I'm..." She flinched as she did hurt it while working on Speechless. "I'm fine... What about you? Are you ok?... You need water?"

Speechless could tell Maple wasn't as fine as she wanted him to believe, and he felt bad about it, not protecting her well enough, but he didn't want to argue about it, and he knew that Maple would insist that she's fine as long as Speechless was in worse shape.

For Maple's question Speechless wanted to answer yes, but he knew it was obvious that that wasn't totally true. He picked up the notebook and again after writing just dropped it close to Maple "The leg hurts a lot and I feel dizzy, but other than that I'm fine." "And you being aright makes it already lot better." "And no, I'm not thirsty.", He gave smile to Maple, but it was soon replaced by wince, when new 'wave' of pain went through his body.

Speechless then looked over Maple's shoulder looking surprised, and familiar voice of the glass vendor from earlier said carefully behind her "Is there something I could do to help?"

Edited by The Cerberus

"Well, you could find that hunter and kill him for starters" Maple's tone implied that she was joking as she looked at the pony, recognizing them instantly. "Actually... Yes there is something you could help with. That is... If you can sew or have medical experience. Becuase these wounds need to close. Bnadages are for when you have time to let the woud heal but we don't know when he's coming back for us so the sooner we fix this, the better."

The mare didn't say anything to Maple's joke, she did understand that it was a joke, but didn't know how to feel about it. For Maple's suggestion, she thought for a moment "I could burn the wounds." "The spell I use to melt the sand is just more powerful version of the one doctors use." "It would hurt, but not as much as using the spear would have." She had been observing what happened for a while.

"I'd like it if you could do that then..." Maple took a single step away from speechless letting the pony know She was ok with her plan. "But... Speechless needs to agree as well... Not that he won't... I think..." She said unsurely. She'd been through a lot of things now that had made her unsure like how she thought that hunter was gone but well now they're back but at least Maple was ready this time unlike in the past when she'd been younger. "I... don't want it too hurt too bad..."

The mare nodded to Maple, and Speechless was already nodding when she opened her mouth to ask him, Maple was right that only bandaging the leg would mean very slow healing, and it would have to be changed very frequently to avoid infection, not that closing the wounds would magically heal them, but they would heal faster. The mare then went closer to Speechless, holding his leg in place "If it becomes unbearable, make a sound so I stop." she said calmly, though it was obvious she was little nervous, and from looks of it, she didn't exactly enjoy looking at the injury.

She then lit her horn and the wounds started burn shut, Speechless winced but endured it, the already existing pain had made the area slightly numb so it was lot less painful than he had expected. The mare talked while she did the burning-spell to calm down both Speechless and herself. "You two seem to care a lot about each other, it's nice to see." "It's surprisingly rare sight at the night-market."

Maple sighed. A bit worried about Speechless but a bit relieved that it was inevitably going to help. Maple knew Speechless couldn't talk so she spoke to the pony "We've been watching out for each other since we met really. Means a lot to me that he'd do that... I haven't met a pony who would yet." She gave a soft smile to Speechless. Something he'd easily notice. Something that was very genuine towards him.

Speechless returned the smile, kinda, since it was combination of smile and wince, but the message was clear. "That would make sense, since, if I understood right, you're guard captain? many would be too scared of all the risks of your job to confess their feelings." the mare said as he looked at Speechless to make sure he was able to continue, and after confirmation, she continued, she worked slow to avoid over-burning, "And yet you have someone who from looks of things, would sacrifice himself for you." "But he's lucky too, somepony would easily want use him for their benefit, thinking that mute would be easy to fool into love." she sighed "Sorry, I'm rambling."

"I'm highly aware of that fact... It's plagued me before... But speechless... Despite knowing that he's in danger... Refuses to leave me. He really cares about me." Maple teared up a bit from happiness. "I'm glad I met him. He's the best friend I've ever made... And we met by accident" Maple chuckled Blushing a bit.

Speechless smiled as best as he could to Maple's words, but it was clear that he would have said something similar if he would have been able to. The mare seemed to be smiling too, "Best things happen when you least expect it." she said as she turned off her horn, she was finished "And you make a great couple." she then let go of Speechless' leg, and Speechless did little 'thank you' gesture before grabbing his notebook and getting up to test the leg, but he collapsed back to sitting due the dizziness.

The mare looked at Speechless and then Maple, "I stopped the bleeding, but I would still suggest bandaging the leg to avoid infections." "And he needs to rest."

"If the wound's not open then there's no chance of it getting infected..." Maple looked at the wound and looked at it pained "Well I'm still going to... It does still kinda look bad..." After cutting the bandage into a small strip to use a drop of her own blood landed on it. She sighed and pushed the bandage out of the way getting a fresh one while keeping her own wound covered by her wing. After that was done Maple, in a swift manner, Wrapped the bandage around the leg. "That's gonna make it harder to write huh?" Maple told him after she was finished completely disregarding her own wound. She actually started to feel very dizzy...