Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Zephyr walked past the two and went back to his bedroom After a second he said. "I'm going back to sleep alright? you two can stay the night... Err well... As long as you need but things have been busy..." He yawned "Like... Really busy... Complex styles and lots of customers. Good night to both of you." With that, he closed the door.

Speechless felt Maple relax against him. She'd been tense since she got hit by the bolt just like the situation had been. "I'm... Glad you tried so hard to keep me safe... You'd gladly trade your own life for mine. Thank you... But I'd rather you not do that for me."

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless raised his wing to reply to Zephyr's goodnight wish.
The thing that Speechless had been thinking to do was to kiss Maple, but he decided that it would just make everything awkward, and he wasn't even sure why he was thinking about it in the first place.
When Speechless felt Maple relaxing, he gently leaned his head against her, at this point Maple would be able to feel speechless' shaking. When Maple talked about Speechless protecting her, Speechless looked at his leg before writing with his free wing, "I'll try to be more careful." His writing was now sloppier than before, he sighed and wrote more, his writing getting more sloppy "Sorry, It's hard to focus on writing." 

"It's alright." Maple told him. When she feeling his shakiness she wrapped her wing around him moving it under his. "Are you going to be ok?" Maple asked him looking into his eye. "Just tell me by nodding yes or no..." She was really worried about him his wound was like her wound only much worse as it was much bigger.

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless nodded, smiling warmly and keeping the eye contact, he was confident that he would start getting better right away after he could get some rest. He also believed that even though the pain was intense, it would be easy to fall asleep since he was both mentally and physically tired. He wanted to ask Maple about her wound, but chose not to, because he knew that she would just tell that it's fine and worry about him more, just like he was worried about her more than himself. 

Maple saw that he was feeling kinda tired. "Zephyr has a guest bedroom... You can sleep in there if you need it. That or you could lay down on the bed at least... I just don't want you to push yourself too hard." Maple pat the couch. "As for me, this'll be fine for me to sleep on." She smiled to Speechless. Even though she'd said that she still wanted to sit like how there were. It felt nice to her.

Speechless liked the idea of laying down, but the idea of being alone was....unpleasant, he didn't know exactly why though, but he guessed it was because being with Maple was so pleasant. He took his notebook and browsed it through quickly, he didn't want to write so he had to improvise, he pointed at words from different sentences from several different pages, "I need to" "rest" "But I" "Don't want to" "be" "alone." He smiled to Maple.

"Alright fine." Maple said sarcastically but chuckling a bit too "I'll go with you. I'll make sure you go to sleep." Maple blushed as she moved awkwardly out of Speechless' wing and, once standing, she held out a hoof to help Speechless get up. she was offering it to the hurt hoof hoping to keep pressure off it. 

It was only after Maple's reply that Speechless realized he could have 'said' the same thing bit less...awkwardly, but well, it didn't really matter. But what mattered was that thinking about his injury, had made Speechless realize something, he had realized that he was scared, scared of the red pegasus who had been seconds away from killing him. But he smiled to hide said fear from Maple.

He held his injured leg on Maple's hoof while he got up from the couch, also supporting himself by holding on the couch with his wing, and he didn't let go of the couch before he managed to get his another wing over Maple for support. When the weight moved on his legs, there was a notable increase in Speechless' shaking, enough for Maple to be able notice, most likely caused by his legs being weak from his tiredness and dizziness.

Maple slowly helped Speechless into the other room. She was worried about him a lot, "I'm sorry about all this. I'm sure this hunter has been looking for me... As he's the one from my past that tried to kill me when I was young... I might've said that? Well anyways that means he found me and when he did he found you... Now He's gonna hunt us until he can't anymore... Well I guess we can hop those guards got him" Maple opened the door to the spare bedroom and helped him over to the bed.

Speechless was quiet, letting Maple to finish talking, and when she did finish, Speechless made a sound if disagreement, and when he got on to the bed, he took his notebook and again by flipping pages and pointing at words, he 'said' looking serious for a moment, "Don't blame yourself for me getting him after me." "It was only matter of time until something like this happened." He returned to his warm smile.

"I guess." Maple feels tired herself the last few hours were quite draining for her and speechless. Maple decided to lay down on the other side of the Queen-sized, bed the mattress was a spring mattress so speechless bounced a bit once she hopped on the bed "Bleh... I'm glad we're safe again. After all... the guards know he's after us now so they'll make sure that he doesn't get close. Nice to feel safe for now."

When Maple hopped on the bed, Speechless turned on his other side so he was be facing towards Maple, and for Maple's comment about them being safe, he made a sound of agreement. But he didn't feel fully safe, he knew that they were safe as long as they were inside, but they couldn't know if they would get hit by a crossbow bolt when they would open the door, and even if the guards would manage to deal with the hunter, there's no certainty that there isn't more of them who were aware of Maple and him. But Speechless tried to ignore that for now, trying to focus on the positives, like the fact that It felt good to lay down, Speechless' body had been more tired that he had realized. 

Maple looked at speechless. "How is he still alive?" Maple asked herself. "Dad said he took care of him... and not only that but the royal guard disbanded the Duskbreakers..." Maple shook her head. "Well... That's what I get for trusting the Guards to handle them..." Maple sighed looking at the roof seeing that dreaded symbol in her head. The shattered moon that was the Duskbreaker's icon. She had noticed it on the hunter's cloak, The clip on it was the same symbol. She didn't want to concern Speechless with that knowledge it would make him worry too much to get sleep.

Speechless looked curious when Maple mentioned Duskbreakers, but didn't directly ask about because his brain was working well enough to figure out that, they most likely had something to do with the hunter. In fact, he had noticed the icon on the cape and guessed there to be some kind of organization of hunters, but her mention of guards disbanding them....he knew there had been unit for hunting vampires, but he though it was long time ago, before he, or his parents had been born.

Speechless pushed that thought out of his head too, he didn't want to think about it, it was bad enough to have one hunter after them. 

Speechless yawned quietly, he was on edge of falling asleep, but he wanted to make Maple feel better, since she seemed worried or just not happy, and not really knowing or being able to do anything else, he gently pressed his healthy front hoof against Maple, giving a loving smile, and holding it until falling asleep.

He slept peacefully, at first, but it wasn't long until he started twitching and looking generally miserable, he was having a nightmare.

Maple noticed when Speechless fell asleep. She started to get up but saw him twitch she sighed and laid next to him stomach-down and wrapped her wing around him again hoping to comfort him until the nightmare went away, that or Luna came to banish it after a while. Though Maple had fallen asleep like that being so relaxed around Speechless and knowing that they're both safe for now. It was probably the deepest sleep she'd had since joining the night guard.

It took a while, but eventually Speechless calmed down, if it was because of time, or because Luna had intervened was anypony's guess, but it was obvious that the dream had been rather bad, because it took a while more before his expression changed back to normal.

Speechless woke up before Maple and smiled when he saw her sleeping so close to him, her wing around him, and decided to not to move so he wouldn't wake her up. It seemed that it was still bright outside, but that was to be expected, since he had fallen asleep sometime around late night, few hours from the morning, maybe it was afternoon? He didn't feel dizzy anymore, sleeping had helped with that, but his leg was still in pain, not that much better, but that didn't surprise him either, since he hadn't taken any medicine or herds that would help with that.

The nightmare was still haunting Speechless' mind, even though Luna had came to resolve it, it had stuck in his memory, either because it felt so real, or because he hadn't seen any nightmares since his first night in the Everfree forest. Maybe he should mention it to Maple, after all, Luna now knew little bit about their situation due his dream, and Maple could want to know that.

He looked at Maple, not that he really could have looked anywhere else without moving, he felt comfortable, regardless of the rather intense pain in his leg, and the terrible dream, he felt better than he had been for a while, and after some hesitation and hard consideration, Speechless moved his head slightly to a gentle kiss on top of Maple's head, not really sure if he wanted to Maple to wake up or not.

Despite the kiss being light, it was enough to wake her up, She slept lightly so it was easy to wake her. "Oh... Hey, speechless..." Maple turned red. "Sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep. I was just trying to make sure you were ok. You seemed to be having nightmare there." Despite the embarrassment Maple didn't get up. Like speechless she just kinda felt comfortable laying there.

Speechless also felt embarrassed when Maple woke up, even blushing a little himself, though because of his dark color, the blush looked more intense that it actually was, but he didn't let it bother him. He chuckled a little to Maple turning red and her apologizing, and when she mentioned the nightmare, he nodded slowly with an expression that made it pretty clear that it was still fresh in his memory. He then returned to the same loving smile he had had before he had fallen asleep. 

Edited by The Cerberus

"You wanna... tell me about it? If not then we need to talk about something else, like how is that leg feeling? Is it infected?" Eventually, Maple got up, but it was only to shut the curtains and make it dark in the room and she layed back down on the bed next to speechless again. She fell a little hard on the bed so she bounced up a small ways and landed back on the bed. Speechless noticed she'd learned her new bow against the corner near the door which was pretty far from where they were but Maple wasn't concerned with that.

Speechless gestured Maple to wait a moment as he changed his position so he could reach for the notebook that was next to the bed, and started writing. His writing still wasn't as good, or as fast as it normally was, due the pain in his leg, but it was lot better than it was before the sleep. When Maple got back on the bed, the bounce caused Speechless to accidentally hit his injured leg to his other leg, making him twitch once from the pain. Speechless turned his notebook for Maple to read, and it was visible from him that he hadn't enjoyed what he had wrote.

"Firstly the leg, it still hurts a lot, so it's not better, but it doesn't feel worse either." "And then the dream." It could be seen from the text and smudges that Speechless had been hesitating if he should write or not "I don't enjoy telling about it, but you should know since Luna saw it." "We were at the market like were when the Hunter attacked again." "But this time I was already injured and, things went downhill from there." "I don't want to go to details." "But you didn't make it and" "Luna appeared when the Hunter was getting ready to finish me off."  

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple was scared as she read that and once she finished she hugged Speechless carefully snuggling against his chest fluff. "It's ok... I'm here speechless... I'm ok. You're ok... I... got a visit from Luna actually... She gave me a report you'd be very happy to know. Luna told me that the guards chased the guy for a while and evntually caught him... as for his fate? I don't know. But at least they got him... Let's hope he was the last hunter left." Maple was hoping that speechless would be alright she knew how nightmares like that felt.

When Maple hugged him, Speechless also wrapped his wings around Maple into a hug, he would have wanted to tell Mable more in detail about the nightmare, but he didn't want to think about the details long enough to write them down, because not only did they make him feel terrible emotionally, but it also made him feel sick in his stomach. When Maple told about the hunter getting caught, Speechless let out a quiet, relieved sigh, it was good to hear that guards had caught him. 

But Speechless knew it wasn't over, they might be safe for few days, maybe months, maybe even years, but he knew that in some point there was going to be more hunters, because hunters and vampires had been fighting hundreds, if not thousands of years, and that wasn't going to stop in one night. He then thought about something, he moved out of the hug and wrote "I was thinking." "After our injuries have healed enough, I would like you to train me to fight." "Only if you want to of course."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple, who cared about speechless too much right now, didn't move out the hug, she kept clinging to him as if she'd almost lost him "You know Speechless? I think I'd like that." She said with a smile. "I'm already planning out the training in my head." Maple got out of the hug, stood up, and stretched "Care for any breakfast? I'll bring it to you here since you can't exactly walk easily."

Speechless smiled warmly at Maple, and when Maple stood up, Speechless also got up to a sitting position and also stretched a little. He then wrote "Yes please, I'm feeling slightly hungry." He wanted to get up on his legs and get it himself, but when he got up sitting, he noticed that his body wasn't still fully recovered from the blood loss, as it still felt slightly weak. 

Suddenly, there was a sound of careful knocking on the door.

Mapel steps out of the room but only after she says "I'll go make something... I was thinking-" She then heard the knock. "Oh. I'll go ahead and get the door first." Maple walked to the door and was cautious thinking that it could be another hunter. Seh grabbed her bow and pulled the string back standing on her hind legs while opening the door She meaningly glared at the pony or ponies at the door not sure who they where