Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless got worried when Maple went outside, and was relieved when she got back, that meant that they there was no hunters waiting right behind the door. He took his hoof out of the way when Maple lifted the rag from the water, and nodded to her question. Speechless then wrote with forgiving smile "Maybe that's a good point to end the practice for today."

"Y...Yea. Again I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me there. I guess I was taking it too seriously" She started to move the rag a bit placing it in a few different spots, occasionally she'd place the rag back in the cold water, She left it there for a second as she spoke to him "That's gonna leave a mark... Or... Bruise. I didn't mean to cause that..." Maple brought up the cold rag again

Speechless chuckled a bit, bruises didn't really bother him, they disappear with time, and besides, he already had a small scar in his wing from the trap chest, and the wound caused by the hunter would also leave quite a scar, so small bruise wouldn't change much. He wrote "I know you didn't mean it" "So don't worry yourself about it too much, besides, it's just a one bruise"

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple smiled "Well... If you say so..." Maple agreed that it was time for a break. "Are you sure you don't need anything? Water? Food?" Maple was very concerned for him and was serious about getting him anything he needed. She was hating the fact she did that and it was against her to just drop it. She spited herself for not just dropping it but she just couldn't bring herself to forgive herself easily.

Speechless nodded smiling and wrote "Yes, I'm sure" he didn't really mind Maple worrying so much since it showed that she really cared, but at the same time, it made him feel slightly bad for causing said worry. He wrote "What about you?" "Everything aright in your end?" He knew that Maple was most likely aright when it came to her injury since she didn't seem to have any problems with it while practicing, but he wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything bothering her that she wanted to talk about.

"My injury? It's fine... Just hurts a bit but I've had much worse before hoof, You, however... I doubt you've seen a lot of battle. Sorry if I'm overconcerned but I feel I should be." Maple said looking him in the eyes. She looked happier now... Knowing that he was ok enough to be more worried about her than himself. "Thanks for asking about me... It's sweet." Maple said with a hint of a blush.

Speechless smiled lovingly, he really didn't know what else to do, he didn't have anything to say, only thing he could think of was to point out that not having seen lot of battles didn't mean he had never been injured, but he didn't want to do that, because he didn't want to be a smartass. He also thought about simply giving Maple a kiss again, but he wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not, and worried that it could make Maple uncomfortable, but after a short while of thinking about it, he decided go for it, and gently kissed Maple, again on the forehead. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple blushed. "Yea... Thanks. Needed that." Maple giggled cutely "Thank you, Speechless" She figured that she should take her armor off, so she did they were going to take a break now anyway, She set the armor down and leaned her weapon against it sitting next to Speechless. Maple sat there for a second before saying to him "Well... W-What now?"

Speechless smiled, he was happy that his worries were pointless, though he still felt slightly weird about how cute he found Maple to be when she blushed and giggled. As Maple was taking her armor off, Speechless checked his leg if there was any indication that the pain would be coming back, and for now it seemed that the salve was still in effect. When Maple came next to him and asked 'What now', Speechless looked thoughtful for a moment before taking out his notebook, "I don't know." "We could eat something." "Or we could start planning what we are going to do about our situation." "We can't hide here for rest of our lives."

(OOC: if we are running low on things to do in the house, we could do a time-skip of few days to the point where both Maple and Speechless would be healed.)

"Yea... We should plan something to do about this... The situation's bad enough as it stands so we should prepare properly." Maple decided that outside the house was safe... As long as they stayed kinda close to it. Maple figured they'd need to leave the house at some point... They where sitting ducks there anyways, "We should wait until we heal then I think I've got a plan."

Speechless nodded, it was obvious that they needed to heal first, few more days of feeling useless........

Few days later, Early Evening
Speechless yawned as he got up, his leg was pretty much healed, but like he had predicted, the wound had left quite a scar as a reminder from the injury. He had had little bit of trouble sleeping the first time he did so after his mother's kidnapping, but it was only to be expected, and though he hadn't heard anything about his father since his visit, he had come to terms with the situation enough to not think about it all the time.

Speechless had practiced more with Maple and he had even practiced alone a little bit, and though he wasn't necessary a good fighter yet, he had made progress. He had also used some of the time erasing and rewriting his notebook to make room for more 'talking'. 

During that timeframe Maple had hit Speechless hard several times, Zephyr had been in and out for a number of reasons, but he had been busy as he'd said. So he wasn't in the way when he was in the house he was in his room or the kitchen meanwhile Maple would cook, and they'd train in the main room.

"Alright... I know we're supposed to get a move on today... But I'm worried about your father... We haven't heard hide nor hair of him since he left... Nor have we heard from your mother." Maple said with a slight frown. "I'm just... Worried about them... As much as I would my own... I'm so sick of being helpless... We... We have to help them..."

Speechless sighed sympathetically and wrote "I know, I'm worried too, but we can't really do anything." "We can't contact father since we don't know where he is, and we don't know where the hunters keep mother." He walked to Maple and put his hoof on her shoulder while writing with his wings "We'll help my mother after we don't need to watch over our shoulders every time we are next to a window." He too wanted to do something, but he recognized that it was not going to work until they got rid of the hunters after them. 

"Y... Yea you're right. Remember the plan. We run to the everfree forest together. Once we arrive there, We split up you going to find some timber wolves and try to either get them to help or lure them to meet me while I lure the hunters away. It's a risk..." Maple looked at her reflection in her armor. "I know... But it's one I can take. If you have anything you don't like about this plan anymore tell me... But We're out of options here... This is the best plan I could think of... You trust me to get this done, right?" Maple had a very determined and stout look on her face. She was ready for this, She knew it would work.

Speechless thought for a second before writing "I probably don't need to tell you that I don't like you going deeper into Everfree alone, but like you said, we don't really have options." "And for the Timberwolfs, after going through what I actually know, I concluded that I can only lure them, because I haven't had a chance to study them that well due them being so aggressive." "I only know how to get them to me, how to piss them off, and how to beg mercy." he turned the notebook away and with a worrying look wrote more "And I do trust you, but promise me that you'll at least try to call me over if anything goes wrong."

Maple nodded to speechless, a tear in her eye. She blinked and shook her head making it go away. "I promise I won't get hurt. You know me. I've got enough training to run away without getting hurt. Once we leave we don't have to run until we know we're going to get followed." Maple told him, since she just wanted to be sure Speechless knew. "They can't know we have a plan otherwise it's pointless." Maple smiled at speechless. "We've got this... You've got this. Ready?"

Speechless hesitated for a moment, but nodded and wrote, "Yes, I just grab my stuff." He figured it would be a good idea to take what he bought from the market with them since they were going into Everfree, because even if he couldn't take the sculptures to his house, it could give the impression that they were going there, hiding their plan more. He got up, put the metal-spike-weapons on his claws, and took both, the sculpture-bag, and the medical-bag that Midnight had brought, and put them on his back, they slowed him down sure, but he could always drop them if necessary. He then turned towards Maple and nodded to signal that he was ready.

When Speechless signaled Maple opened the door, Moving out of it slowly Motioning for Speechless to follow. Maple knew that she'd have to wait until they knew that there where hunters there. To do that they'd both need to be outside, the hunters couldn't risk revealing themselves until they could get both of the vampires. Maple kept looking around waiting, listening, watching for anything.

Speechless followed Maple, he didn't really like the plan, but there really wasn't anything else they could do, or at least he didn't have any better ideas. He too started observing the area for the hunters, trying to look like he wasn't doing so, he didn't know if the hunters would reveal themselves since they were in area where it would be easy to call help, but it didn't really matter if they did or not, only thing that mattered was that they would follow them. Speechless kept eye on Maple in case she gave a signal to start moving. 

Maple saw something move and she focused on that spot for a while but she didn't for a long time. As a loud *CRACK* Made her push Speechless narrowly dodging the bolt herself. She noded to Speechless and broke into a sprint, heading for everfree forest as they'd agreed upon.

Speechless got surprised by Maple pushing him, but figured out the reason almost immediately, he saw Maple nod and ran after her. He kept his ears focused, hoping that he would hear if the hunters shot another bolt at them. He didn't drop his saddlebags yet, he would only do that if they started slowing him down or if he had to fight.

(OOC: Don't they need to fly too? Since they are in Canterlot? Or did I understand wrong where they are?)

(edited)

(OOC: Yea they'll need to fly to get there)

The hunter who fired cursed under his breath as he reloaded. There was another too who fired, the shot glancing Maple's armor with a slight sound. Thankfully for Maple, nothing was hurt. "We need to get as far as we can running so they think they've cornered us." Maple said quietly to Speechless. "Remember we need to make sure they follow us. otherwise, the whole plan is derailed." Maple heard another Crack and sidestepped the shot. "Let's hope they take the bait..."

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless too did his best to avoid the incoming bolts, he didn't have any armor, but the saddlebags would be able to stop few of them if he was shot at. It was in this point when Speechless started question if the plan was that good after all, because it would take only one well placed shot from the hunters to ruin the plan , and they did have plenty of time to try and shoot them, after all, Everfree wasn't exactly close. 

Speechless nodded to Maple as a signal that he heard and understood what she said, it was too late to back out now, the plan was in motion, and they needed to do their best to carry it out. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Maple started to hate her own plan, she started to fear it wouldn't work. She knew it was too late to stop but maybe she could change it? No... She was a captain, she knew what she was doing. She turned around to look face the shooter and waited for 4 seconds, turned around and ran again, If they'd took too long standing and reloading then they wouldn't have chased them... But Mpale worried she'd made it too obvious. For now she'd just have to hope not.

Speechless looked at Maple when she stopped, but he himself didn't stop, he just slowed down a bit so Maple could catch up again, but he also made sure he didn't slow down too much. He wasn't really worried about the hunters not following them, because even if they would figure out that Maple and Speechless had a plan, they had no way knowing what said plan was, and they would probably still keep following Maple and Speechless, after all, they wanted them dead, so it was unlikely that they would let them escape.