Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Maple rose her spear to face the newcomer not exactly trusting "Who are you?... W-wait did you do this?" Maple pointed her spear up and set the other end on the ground, But was ready to spin it back to face the pony in front of her. "Ok... I guess what I should be asking is... what are you doing here?"

"I'll answer all the questions." The unicorn replied, sounding  almost unnervingly nonchalant "My name doesn't matter, but based on your friends appearance, I'm a friend." "And I did not do this, but I'm with the ponies who did, they are hiding close by." "We are here to attack this base, and this body was supposed to get the attention of the guards outside, but it didn't fly far enough." he kept a short pause "May I ask the same?"

Maple relaxed visibly "All that matters is we're 2 ponies that want these hunters gone... So we do share a goal. Watch the non-combatant when you go in there. and you can leave a number of the hunters to me alone. Good to know we have allies here..." Maple jumped as she remembered something "Before we press our attack... is... Crimson with you?" She asked with a hint of worry, but a hint of hope too.

"Crimson?" the unicorn scanned Speechless with his eyes, "Ah, I recognize you now, you're Speechless right?" Speechless nodded, the unicorn turned back towards Maple, "Yes, he is with me." "So I think it's safe to assume we are here for the same reason." he took a glass-flask full of clean liquid from a saddlebag he was carrying "But enough chit-chat...." he put the flask next to the body, he was still talking with the unnervingly nonchalant tone "...It's time to start the show." He shot the flask with his magic, causing it to break in a small magical explosion that send the body flying towards the base, this time far enough for the hunters to see it landing.

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

The body drew the 3 hunters in fronts attention. "Hey! Isn't that one of our guys?"

Another quickly spoke up "Looks like it... and a beast wouldn't throw that far... someone's out there." The second drew his crossbow, not aware of what was going on. The first followed him

The third had his as soon as the body landed "Don't go investigate... stay here it might be a cheap trick by those Vampires..."

While the 3 were distracted Maple was heading around to the building side to ambush the Stallion who was with the mare, She was almost to position.

After the three guards had drawn their crossbows, two ponies attacked them from both sides, both of them were wearing similar armor to the one Crimson had when Speechless and Maple last saw him, and they both were wielding a sword. The two attackers first broke the crossbows of the hunters they attacked,  and then they sank all 5 of their weapons (Fang-weapons, claw-weapons and sword)  in the hunters, making sure that the third one couldn't get chance to shoot them. 

Meanwhile Speechless was flying among the tree branches and attacked the third hunter from above. 

The unicorn was nowhere to be seen. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Maple dropped on top of the guard near the mare, She quickly knocked him out with a hit to the face. She then moved quickly to grab the mare. "Not gonna hurt you... Just stay calm." She whispered to her "You're not part of these few ri-"

Maple was interrupted when the mare scream "Help! Intruders!"

In turn to the scream Maple hit the mare hard in the side of the head, knocking her out cold. "Sorry... I should've know better." Maple said to herself.

Speechless's drop on the hunter was also successful, these hunters weren't as skilled as the one they faced earlier, and he got a good hit to the neck of the hunter with his claw-weapon. Speechless looked at his now bloody claw, he just now realized what he had done. He felt sick, luring Timberwolfs was a one thing, but being the one making the last move, he didn't like it, and he wasn't sure if he could do it again. 

The two others started heading towards the entrance, getting ready for possible reinforcements, one of them, most likely Crimson, looked at Maple and Speechless surprised, but soon returned his focus on the entrance. 

There was no motion for a while as the few stood by the entrance, after what felt like an eternity bolt flew through a window making a loud shattering noise, followed almost instantly by the ker-tank of the bolt deflecting off Maple's metal armor.

When it happened Maple recoiled out of surprise but wasn't hit by it. "Shoot!... Looks liek they're going to stay in there... We gotta take them inside." She readied her spear once again she was ready to break into the fort and do what she had to...

Speechless had made his way to the entrance too when the bolt flew at Maple, but he didn't react to it in any visible way other than jumping a bit, because he was still trying to get over the fact that he had just killed a pony. 

Crimson suddenly shouted "P, bring some cover" and the unicorn walked to them levitating an another glass-flask, "Coming right up" he then threw the flask on the ground, creating a cloud of smoke. 

Crimson then counted down "5,4,3 Go" and charged in, followed by the other armored pony. 

Maple was distracted from the fight by the way speechless looked. "Hey... You don't look so good. You alright?..." Maple quickly realized why he was so upset, She made a gesture to match that realization "It's ok... these ponies... they are very bad ponies... Ok?" She looked into Speechless eyes. Knowing that the hunters at the windows would've gone into room to protect themselves from the vampires that are now inside the building

Speechless let out a bunch of quiet noises that really didn't sound like they meant anything, he knew the hunters weren't good ponies, hay, they had his mother, but regardless of it being personal and arguably justified, a pony is a pony, even if they make wrong choices. Speechless wrote to the ground with his bloody claw-weapon, "I know" "But they are ponies nonetheless." He shook his head and sighed, he knew he needed to snap out of it somehow, "I'll try to ignore it for now."

Meanwhile the two inside moved forward as fast as they were able, making sure there was nopony left alive behind them, Crimson had been hit directly with a bolt to his chest, but it hadn't been enough to penetrate his armor, so it hadn't done any real damage. the unicorn was waiting outside next to the door in the smoke cloud, and hadn't noticed the interaction between Speechless and Maple. 

Maple nodded confidently "If it gets too much just get to the forest and stay there. But for now..." She motioned to the door and she ran in it seeing that there was a hallway with 3 ponies that Crimson and his companion missed she drew her spear and rushed them, taking one down with a swift swing and throwing the pony into the other 2. "Stay down... and don't hunt us anymore and you live." She stated angrily. She saw them both release their weapons. "Good."

Speechless followed Maple,  but let her do her thing while he stayed as backup.... and growled, for added threatening. 

Meanwhile Crimson and his friend kept going forward. If one was to look at the bodies they left behind, one would notice that there was quite lot of unnecessary damage on them, especially on the ones Crimson had killed. 

The unicorn calmly walked in after Maple and Speechless. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

"Where'd the other two go? I'm worried that they might kill half the building... maybe more. I don't blame them for it but we should really try to show mercy... the more killing we do, I realized, Means more ponies who hate our kind." Maple sighed looking at the "Trail" the two that were rushing down the halls had made "Well I guess it's a little late for that..."

The unicorn replied to Maple "It's too late for mercy." his tone was nonchalant like usual "There's full blown war between vampires and the hunters, and no ammounts of mercy will change that." He looked at the 'Trail' "And now the hunters made the mistake to make it personal for one of the most brutal families around." he looked at the spared hunters and pointed at the 'Trail', "What you see here is their mercy." 

Speechless looked slightly shocked, he didn't know about that, not that he really knew too much about rest of his family in general. 

The unicorn replied to Maple "It's too late for mercy." his tone was nonchalant like usual "There's full blown war between vampires and the hunters, and no ammounts of mercy will change that." He looked at the 'Trail' "And now the hunters made the mistake to make it personal for one of the most brutal families around." he looked at the spared hunters and pointed at the 'Trail', "What you see here is their mercy." 

Speechless looked slightly shocked, he didn't know about that, not that he really knew too much about rest of his family in general. 

Maple took a step back "I suppose. War isn't merciful but I try to leave as many alive as I can. That's just me though This war is something I guess we just have to adapt to." She readied herself, visibly bracing for the worst as she dashed into the hallway after Crimson and his ally. She was reluctant... but she was ready to kill if it came down to it.

"Well, at least they keep it in the shadows." the unicorn mentioned. 

Speechless waited few seconds before he followed Maple He looked at the bodies his father had left behind as he went, for some reason he didn't feel anything seeing them, yet killing one himself made him feel sick.

Some distance in the hallway Crimson and his ally could be seen fighting few hunters, it was clear from their moves that both of them were skilled fighters, and when they got upper hoof on one hunter, they executed them quickly without loosing their focus on the still standing enemies. 

"Say what you want... You can't kill without anyone eventually finding o-" Maple was interrupted when a hunter ambushed her from above, She had no way to tell that they'd been there before... Was there a hatch? Needless she heard a thunk, of a dagger bouncing off her armor. She threw the guy off and counter-attacked, She swung while he was still falling, The swing was deadly. "Geez... Apparently they come from roof now... He was probably hiding up there waiting on weaker opponents... What a coward." Maple sounded genuinely pissed at the hunter

Speechless jumped when the hunter suddenly appeared, but after Maple had dealt with it, he was almost like nothing had happened, his only reaction being to check if Maple was aright. The unicorn didn't seem to care the slightest about the sudden appearance, but he did say nonchalantly "Do like I say and not like I do huh." "Though I agree, he was a coward." 

• 3 weeks later...

Maple stated for a while at the scene she'd caused "Yea... Do as I say. Because I should've have done that." Maple sighed putting her weapon away, taking a moment to mourn the hunter before pressing on, no hunters seemed to bother them from that point, more likely from trying to deal with Crimson or maybe it was just them scared of the vampires in their base either way at least She and Speechless would be safe, she kept a sharp eye out, however, just to be certain it was safe.

After a moment,  Crimson's voice was heard from a nearby room, "I think we found her, P,  we need something to break a lock!" the unicorn quickened his pace "coming". Speechless too hurried when he heard his father's words. 

The room where they were wasn't anything too special by itself, there was a table with few chairs, and a weapon rack, but what did interest the ponies, was a thick looking wooden door with simple but sturdy looking lock. There also was two bodies of hunters. 

The unicorn walked next to the door and tried to shoot the lock with his magic, unsuccessfully, "Magic proof, figured, just a second." he started searching something from his bag. 

"P?" Maple commented before hurrying into the room, She had also figured the lock was magic proof... "You know that's a wood door... I could try to break it open... However, I could fail and that would alert anypony inside unless the failed lock attempt did that already... Nevermind, P, I'll let you handle it" Maple said with a nod drawing her weapon again ready for another battle

The unicorn took yet another glass bottle out of the bag "... We could try, or we could do this." he poured the liquid on the lock, it was acid, it destroyed the lock in seconds. The unicorn opened the door, and Crimson and his partner redied their weapons. 

The room behind the door was dark and mostly empty.  There was a table with a book on it in one of the corners, and in the middle of the room was Midnight, blindfolded, muzzled, and chained to a forced standing position. 

After checking the room for traps, Crimson quickly headed to free Midnight, followed by Speechless right behind him. 

The unicorn went to look at the book and Crimson's partner stayed in guard outside. 

Maple followed the others in, she looked upon Midnight. She felt a rush of emotions, anger, confusion, she now felt these hunters had gone too far even if she wasn't hurt this was just... terrible. She quickly flew up to the chain breaking it quickly, returning to the ground and catching Midnight as her hoofs returned to the ground "Ms. Midnight, It's Maple. Stay calm." She'd never seen things like this before she motioned for Crimson to help her, she could just cut it... "Crimson and Speechless are here too. We're going to get you back to your home." She'd never really been trained for a situation like this... and now she wasn't going to let these hunters live not after something like this.