Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

"Yea." Maple said. "Normally in they gradually start but the storm teams always are nervous getting this close to everfree so they want to get their work near here done quickly. as a result the worst always hits first." She hoped her response answered his question.

Just then the door opened. Discord, Soaking wet walked into the house "Fluttershy? I smell tea but we hadn't planned one of those today." He saw a non-vampire fruit bat. "Oh hello there. Who are you?" He asked politely 

Speechless understood what Maple meant and replied with a sound of understanding. When he saw Discord, he barely could keep his excitement hidden, he had never seen Discord other than in pictures, and seeing him in real life was a experience as of itself. He flipped open his notebook's first page "Hi. My name is Speechless Night"

"Well Hello there..." Discord said nodding. He could tell the bat pony was excited about something "What brings you here exactly the storms or something else?"

Maple looked over "He's just visiting you and mom." She explained "He's mute too as you could tell. Sit down with us and we can all enjoy some tea when Mom finishes it."

"Alright but give me a second to dry off a storm hit while I was on my way back as you can see." He stepped out of the room. A warmth could be felt from another room from discord drying himself off with magic.

Speechless got ready to answer but because Maple was faster, Speechless just gestured towards her to as to let her explain.  When Discord went to dry himself, Speechless thought to himself that, how nice it would be to just be able to dry himself after a rain with just a simple spell, or do anything with a spell in that matter. 

After a bit discord came back, he sat down with the bat ponies in the living room. "So You have anything you want to say to me or ask me Speechless? Not many meet me and don't ask me anything usually if they don't ask anything that means Maple already answered the questions they had." He chuckled. "If she hasn't answerd any of your questions then I can while Fluttershy finishes the tea."

Speechless thought for a moment, and when he started writing, he kept notable pauses as he wrote, like he was thinking what to write. "First, It's nice to meet you, I never thought this to happen." "I haven't really thought about any questions." "What do you usually get asked?"

"The most common question is usually. What's the true extent of you power. To which the answer is well... I can do basically anything even over throw equestria." He said attempting to intimidate Speechless "But I wouldn't do that now. I've gotten everything I've ever wanted since Fluttershy reformed me. I know that sounds odd. I could rule everything as 'Tia does but I don't care to do that. I've got everything I could ever want."

Discord saying he could overthrow Equestria didn't intimidate Speechless, because he already knew that, he knew the most important parts of Equestria's history. He also knew Discord wouldn't be threat to him, since he couldn't see Discord doing anything when Fluttershy and his daughter Maple was there.

Speechless just smiled as he wrote his reply, "I don't find it to be that odd, love has surprising effects." "It's the same reason why my mother got together with my father, somepony who would be unfairly considered monster by others." Speechless was going to as who Tia was, but after putting ruling Equestria and it together, he concluded that it nickname for Celestia. 

Edited by The Cerberus

"Being considered a monster seems to run in most of our family." Discord laughed "Maple is a bat pony and 2 of us are dragonequus. Fluttershy is normal but her fear keeps her from being to social." Discord leaned close to Speechless and whispered "However Fluttershy's a real monster when she can't take care of animals." He winked.

A bit after that Fluttershy brought the tea in an set it down "You may want to let it cool first." She said as a warning.

Speechless chuckled a little, though what Discord said wasn't funny at its own, something in Discord saying it, was.

When Fluttershy brought the tea, Speechless showed his notebook with "Thank you for your hospitality." before turning a page and writing "Is there anything you would like to about me?" "Me being Maple's friend." He figured that being Maple's parents, Fluttershy and Discord would like to know at least a little about who she was friends with.

Discord and fluttershy had diffrent responces "Well what's so odd about your father since most see him as a monster similar to myself?"

"Mostly curious about how you two met each other Maple isn't typically the type of pony to seek out new friends." Fluttershy pondered "How'd you two meet exactly?

After getting two questions, Speechless choose to go with ladies first and answer Fluttershy's question first and then Discord's. "We met in Canterlot yesterday when Maple was doing her job." "She warned me that it's dangerous to be alone there, then led me to a safer place, where she choose to take a break too." "There we got to know each other" he then turned the notebook more towards Discord "And then for my father" "He's vampire-pony, but he isn't danger to ponies, even if they do think he is."

Fluttershy giggled as she started to pour tea for everyone "Figures that's how since she introduced herself to you... N... No offence to you Mr. Speechless but Maple's just normally really shy around others

Discord nodded at Speechless response "Maple probably already explained her... Similar problem to your father?"

"Yea I did." Maple said glancing at the window seeing it still pouring down rain. "He lives in everfree actually, Quite a nice place he's got there."

Fluttershy jumped "E...Everfree Why would you live there?" She asked quickly.

Speechless wasn't surprised by Fluttershy's question, he knew it was seem as very dangerous place among ponies, like it was if you didn't know anything about it. He wrote, "I couldn't get a place from anywhere else." "Not only are bat ponies not exactly liked by normal ponies, but I also have hard time trying to calm them down because I can't speak." "But I also like living there, I don't need to talk with anypony and I can enjoy the company of all the animals." "It's not that bad place to live when you are used to it"

Edited by The Cerberus

Discord drank some of his tea. "Makes sense. You learn to live with something others don't tend to like being around once you're around it enough." His tea cup floated in mid air "Oops" He pushed the tea cup back to the table.

Maple drank a bit of hers as well. Silently wondering if Speechless was going to ask anymore questions to them, They where his idols, She figured it would have been her meeting Luna the first time. She asked her so many questions then she regretted it now.

Speechless was slightly amused by Discord's little trick with the teacup as he took his own cup and took a sip. Speechless thought hard for more questions, but he couldn't come up with anything, he had never thought he would meet anypony like them so he never thought what he would ask them. He did wonder where Maple's brother was, but he didn't see the need to ask about it.  

The others sat there for a minute silently drinking tea. Eventually Maple broke the silence. "Dad where is my brother anyways?"

When Maple suddenly spoke Fluttershy jumped. Discord looked over at Maple "Well He's still practicing in the chaos realm. He' made huge strides in learning new magic and such. What about you Maple still training hard."

"Yep! every night that I go to work, I train hard before I go patrol." She said righteously. "Can't give Chrysalis or her changelings any room to take over equestria!"

Fluttershy sighed. "I'm starting to wonder if Luna's gonna do the same thing she did to twilight on you, Maple." She said in complete seriousness "Though you do tend to make a lot of friends as well."

Speechless felt almost bad for Fluttershy when she jumped to Maple talking. When Fluttershy mentioned Luna doing something to Twilight Speechless got thoughtful, he knew Celestia made Twilight an alicorn, but what did Luna do. He decided to ask, he wrote, "Wait, what did Luna do to Twilight?" 

Edited by The Cerberus

(edited)

"Well after Twilight took on Starlight as a apprentice Luna noticed Twilight wasn't making any newer friends. So She sent Twilight to a far away place." Fluttershy explained "Even farther than Griffinstone or The Dragonlands When she came back she seemed about the same though she did know a lot more about that place plus she wrote a lot of letters and she seemed happier all the time. As for where she went or what happened there I don't know. The reason I worry is that Maple won't be able to come home for a really long time if she does that to her."

Maple waved a hoof. "If she did that there could be some bad side effects to that especially if Chrysalis attacked again. So I doubt she'd do that."

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless looked thoughtful as he wrote, "I didn't know that." "I knew about Starlight but not about Luna sending Twilight to make new friends." He also agreed with Maple about Luna not sending her, but for different reason, "And I think you don't have to worry about about Luna sending Maple." "After all, Twilight is Princess of Friendship, meaning that making friends is part of her responsibilities."

After Fluttershy took another drink she responded "I guess you're right. Maple's does make some good friends though like yourself Mr. Speechless!"

Discord laughed "If anyone was to do send Maple somewhere it'd be 'Tia." Discord's head turned to look at speechless  "She doesn't like Maple since she uses the same nickname for her and she really hates it." He laughed. "It's almost as if she doesn't realize it's the last three letters of her name."

Maple took another sip of Tea. "Say when's the storm supposed to end?" She asked Fluttershy.

Fluttershy shrugged "I'm not too sure." She said "Give it a bit more."

Speechless made a small thank you gesture when Fluttershy called him a  good friend for Maple, sure it probably wasn't something that ponies usually thanked for, but coming from someone like Fluttershy, it was a big thing for Speechless.

Speechless chuckled again to Discord, he could imagine Celestia getting annoyed by the nickname, and it somewhat made him amused. But what also felt slightly amusing to him was the connection between Maple and Discord who seemed so different, even if it was in form of annoying Celestia with a nickname.

Fluttershy smiled when Speechless made his gesture, "I really can see why Maple decided to take a break with you. You're a really sweet pony.."

There was a knock at the door and Discord opened it with his magic, A younger dragonequus with lion paws, a normal pony body and head, similar horns to discord, dragon legs and tail and Yellow pegasus wings walked into the room. His mane and the fur on his tail where black but the mane had a large gray stripe in it "Hey dad I'm home now." He said Shaking off the water that was on him. He noticed the other having tea "Hey! Having tea without me? That's a bit rude you didn't even ask." He walked over to get some of it and only then did he notice speechless "Oh... Hello there didn't see you there... who are you?"

Speechless turned the first page of his notebook again  "Hi. My name is Speechless Night" he then opened another page where he pointed at "Friend" and then pointed at Maple. Speechless quickly scanned Maple's brother with his eyes, he had expected something more like a Discord, something less...pony looking. But quickly pushing those thoughts away, he took another sip from his tea. 

"Hello there Speechless." He said holding out his paw "I'm, as you probably already know, Maple's brother. My name is Woodland Orchestra, But most call me Woody." 'Woody' Smiled at Speechless, while still holding his paw as a sign of greeting.

Fluttershy giggled a bit "Woody here is way more outgoing than Maple is. You can trust him!"