Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless took out his notebook, "Sure" Even though Speechless wasn't really an explorer type, exploring the passageways sounded interesting, and was something he felt like could be fun. "Though we should probably eat something first." "If we are going right away."

"I mean we have no idea what's down there so it would probably be best we get supplies too. Extra food and water never hurt anypony." Maple added as she gathered a few things and placed them inside a compartment of her armor. Then she strapped the Naginata to her side. "Let's go get something to eat then."

Speechless nodded in agreement, it was a good point, it was easy to get lost in maze of passageways, and it was very unlikely that there was anything edible or drinkable down there. He wrote a one thing before putting his notebook back to its bag, "I let you choose where and what we eat, I only know Sugarcube Corner, and it's closed at night."

"There's a great donut place near the castle if you want to get something sweet. Though, Perhaps for supplies, we should scrounge the night market in the town plaza." Maple said as she finished gathering things "Oh and if not donuts then we can just eat in the guard's mess hall. My treat either way since I dragged you up here."

Speechless didn't want to take his notebook out right after putting it in the bag, so instead he 'wrote' to the air with tip of his wing, one letter at the time, "Mess Hall". He really didn't care what they would eat, but he figured the mess hall be better choice because something like donuts didn't really keep hunger away.

"Alright It's right over here." Maple said leading him into it. When they walked in A few guards saw Maple and waved over to here, Maple returned the wave and started walking over to the area where they had food, There was a good selection of things ranging from Simple things like Apples to Sweets that would make even Pinkie pie Jealous. "Feel free to take whatever you want." Maple told him "I said it was my treat and I wasn't messing with you."

Speechless nodded thankfully to Maple before looking at the selection. After looking the selection through, Speechless ended up taking few apples and little bit of other foods, skipping the sweets totally, and for drink he just took a glass of water. He then waited for Maple.

Maple just grabbed a bunch of apples, She didn't need a drink since she 'Drank' the apples anyways Maple too ignored the sweets she wasn't really wanting any at the moment. She walked over and dropped a large bag of bits to the person at the counter "Keep the change it should be more than enough." She said walking away from the counter, taking a seat.

Speechless looked at the bag of bits slightly surprised for a moment before turning to follow Maple to the table, taking the seat opposite to her. He then opened his bag in a way that, if he needed his notebook, he could easily just take it out. He then proceeded to eat. 

Maple did her usual thing she did with apples 'Drinking' them, it was mostly quiet but it made a little bit of noise and Maple was concerned that the sound was bothering Speechless, she told herself that if it was speechless would tell her via writing. Her eyes kept glancing around the room then back to Speechless she was looking for anyone she would recognize but couldn't find anypony. After she finished about her 3rd Apple maple stood up "Ready?" She asked him

Speechless wasn't bothered by the sound, he actually didn't even notice it. He did notice Maple glancing around the room but he didn't react to that either because he figured she was just looking around. Speechless had started from the few apples he had taken, and when Maple got up and asked if he was ready, he just finished his food and drank the glass of water on one go, before also standing up and nodding.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple looked into her bag, She had plent of supplies for herself but Speechless actually needed a bit more. "Let's head to the market. We'll need supplies in case we get lost down there." Maple chuckled a bit "Maybe we should go get Daring do to go too." She joked as she started hovering off the ground.

Speechless nodded as he closed his bag again and started following Maple. He chuckled too to Maple joking about Daring Do, wouldn't that be a experience, exploring dark passageways with adventurer from a book, who apparently was not only real, but also writer of her own book. 

Maple took off and flew to Canterlot's local market picking up a few things that the two would need during the exploration, extra food, 2 sleeping bags, Water in canteens, First aid supplies, a Book incase Maple got bored and a backup notebook for Speechless, Plus a few other random articles. Maple was doing the preparation very methodical, She had done it many times before so she knew her system. After which she let Speechless look around to see if he needed something.

Speechless paid attention to what Maple bought so he would know was taking and what not, while he also looked around if there was anything he thought would be good to take with them. Speechless ended up to not find anything he or they would have needed besides everything Maple already picked up, so he just signaled Maple that he was ready to go.

"Ready?" Maple said, "In that case, let's go." She flew over to a small hidden area where another large stone sat. Maple walked over to a tree and placed her hoof on it, moving it along the tree carefully until she felt a small part of it move and she pushed right there, opening the passage way "I'm surprised I haven't done this before. Being honest."

Speechless of course followed Maple, and when they arrived to their destination and Maple revealed the new secret door, Speechless got even more curious about the passageway, he wouldn't know if there was a door next to his home, there easily could be. He replied to Maple's comment with appropriate sound. 

Maple walked down into the tunnel system and looked around unsure of where they should head next. She just picked a direction at random and looked down the hallway. "Hmm, about 5 different passages... Which way do you think we should start going?"

Speechless thought for a moment before taking out his notebook and writing, "I think we should choose something like first on the right or first  on the left" "That way if they are dead ends and we have to come back here, it's easier to remember where we already went." 

"Yeah, sounds like it's the best plan for now," Maple looked over at the hall way and started walking down the right hallway, she kept watching the walls carefully to see if there were any inscriptions on the walls. "Keep an eye out. Luna told me these things have defences, hence the reason for the bit training I wanted you to have."

As they started moving again, Speechless put his notebook back to the bag so he didn't drop it by accident. When Maple mentioned defences, Speechless replied with sound equivalent to 'okay', and started to pay more attention to the surroundings, getting even more curious about the origin of the passageways. 

After the two had walked a good ways Maple came across a dead end. "Hmm... I guess we should go back, no... wait." Maple pressed a sigil on the wall revealing a passageway. "Oh boy... This is just going to get more and more complex as it goes along." She walked through and the wall material changed it was similar to that of a cave now but still looked like it was dug by ponies. Maple grabbed a torch from the passage way since there were many in there but none in here for some reason.

Speechless was ready to turn around, but stopped when Maple asked him to wait, he watched as Maple opened yet another passageway. He let out a sound of curiosity as he followed Maple to the new passageway, he thought about taking a torch too, as a backup, but choose not to.  

After noticing the change on the walls, Speechless started going through reasons for it in his mind, maybe it was another exit, or maybe it was older or newer than the other passageways, maybe even laziness was the reason. But he came to conclusion that he wouldn't ever know the actual reason, only the original maker knew it.

Maple kept walking until suddenly she fell off she flew back up. "Ok... That's quite the drop-off. How... Deep is it? Nah I'd probably rather not find out..." She flew back to where speechless was standing. "Let's go back that way."

Speechless didn't have time to react properly before Maple had already flying back up, stopping just before the drop and staring into the darkness with curiosity and slight confusion, why would there be a drop like this, was it trap? He agreed with Maple that they should go back to another direction, but before he started walking, he took a small piece of the wall that had broken off in some point of time, and threw it down to the darkness, listening if he could hear it hitting the bottom.