Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless just replied with a nod to the stallion, he still didn't like the situation. 'Keeper's' words about the snake listening him didn't really calm Speechless' nervousness because sometimes even pets didn't listen, and when the pet was big enough to eat pony whole, it wasn't exactly assuring. Speechless was breathing long and slow breaths, he tried to calm his mind, to hide his fear from the soon arriving snake, fear made things only more complicated. 

Eventually the snake came into the room glaring at Speechless angrily it was about to attack but he saw 'The Keeper' and relaxed "What are you doing back here?" The snake hissed I thought you wanted out."

'The Keeper' watched to see what Speechless would do intrigued by the process

Speechless didn't move when the snake came and looked like it was going to attack, trusting 'The Keeper's' word, he had managed to calm himself down. He then replied to the snake with the same broken language as earlier, but to 'The Keeper', his hissing sounded identical to that of a snake, "Yes want out" "But you hurt friend bad" "Friend resting" " Here now help he" he pointed at the keeper in a way that a snake would.

"So... You're helping the one who was trying to drive you and your friend away hmm?" The snake returned "Alright, I hurt your friend for 2 reasons, one you aren't supposed to be here, 2 She attacked me with a weapon, That aside, however, What exactly did he ask you to do."

'The Keeper' Looked anxiously "What's he saying?"

Speechless took his notebook to his hoof and wrote with his wing, while also replying to the snake, keeping an eye contact with it. "Yes." "He told I" "You no understand all order."

"Asked why am I here again, and now asking what I'm helping you with." "Tell me exactly what you want me to tell him, do I only tell that you don't want him to kill, or is there something you want to tell him to do instead, just scare off ponies, injure them to certain extend?"

"I'm sorry I don't think I understand you... Could you repeat that?" The snake responded not getting his grammar.

"Well I'd prefer you to tell him that we were told to avoid killing ponies that intruded here when we were brought here. I think he didn't understand the 'don't kill' part. As he almost ate several ponies but I managed to stop him those times but I'm getting annoyed by his actions and this needs to stop." HE finished saying with anger in his tone.

Speechless didn't really know  any better way to 'say' it, but luckily he didn't need to repeat the exact thing. He nodded to the stallion before he continued with the snake "He annoyed you almost kill" he trusted that the snake could sense the stallion's anger "Wants you no kill" "But you no understand no kill order" 

"He want's me to just scare them?" The snake responded  "That's not going to work is it? most of these ponies are very persistent on getting through here so what do I do then?" The snake question him with the cold eyes trained on him carefully. "You and your friend are possibly a good example."

"He can hurt them. He just can't kill them. It's a hard line not to cross, I know but This really needs to happen I don't want to have that sort of guilt for my whole life." The Keeper said in responce. "Tell him I don't care what he does as long as he doesn't kill anyone."

Speechless nodded again as he started to hiss,"Can hurt" "He not care" "Just wants no kill". 

Speechless didn't really like the answer, he didn't like that the stallion was okay when ponies got hurt as long as they didn't die, he could only imagine all the injuries that the snake could cause, that would ruin pony's life without being lethal. 

Edited by The Cerberus

(edited)

The snake nodded. "That does make sense now. Tell him I'll start trying to make a bit of an effort to not kill any ponies but no promises on anything else." After that, the snake slithered off into another corridor.

"So... What'd he say?" The keeper said quickly as it left.

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless looked at the direction the snake went for a moment before he turned towards the stallion and wrote, "He promised to make an effort to not kill ponies in the future, but you can still expect injuries, most likely even the severe kind."

"Alright thanks! Now lets get you and your bat friend out of this place what do you say to that. No traps or anything!" The keeper sounded relatively positive now, pretty satisfied with Speechless' work. "Come on!"

Bat friend, Speechless thought to himself as he replied with sound equivalent to 'aright', did this stallion think that he needed to tell Speechless that Maple was a batpony, or did he just think it was normal to mention the animal closest to the pony every time he talked about them, did he call pegasus birds? Speechless pushed the thoughts out of his mind, there was no point to get annoyed by the stallion, since after they get out from the tunnels, he didn't need to see him ever again.

The keeper raised a brow when he looked at Speechless. "You seem upset in a way... Something bothering you?" It was as if The keeper saw right through speechless seeing into his mind even. He was able to read even the slightest of looks due to experience with other ponies. "If something's bothering you feel free to say."

"Yea it was." The Keeper said "How did the Bat know about these tunnels anyway? It's not exactly the most common of knowledge to have, most of those who knew about the passed in old age so I'm curious how she knows." The keeper stopped walking for a second waiting on his response. "Feel free to not tell me if you don't trust me enough or something like that."

From Speechless's reaction one could notice that hearing the stallion use the bat again, made him more annoyed. He wrote, "She's captain of the Night Guard so Luna showed the passages to her so she could use them during the day to move from place to another." "Bat-ponies aren't really liked during the day."

Edited by The Cerberus

"Wait I'm sorry... did that say... Princess Luna?" The keeper said surprised "Well that certainly changes things! Come on let's just get you two out of here, Royalty is the only few allowed to know of these and since you didn't find it by accident it does help with the fact I should let you leave. Of course... That means you and her agree to never speak of this place to any outsiders. Agreed?"

Speechless replied by simply writing, "Sure, I won't tell anypony, wouldn't want to risk their lives." He didn't really care, his enthusiasm to explore had faded away and now he just wanted to see the moon and smell fresh air again. He wrote a little more, "Do you happen to know how long we have been here?"

"Probably around 4 hours. It should still be night time when you get back up there." The Keeper said as he nudged Maple to wake her up "Excuse me but it's time for you to leave miss."

Maple woke up and stood slowly "Wow... It doesn't hurt as much... What'd you do to heal me?"

"Medicine. Come on you both." He led the two to a doorway. "This'll take you out of the tunnels." He pressed an Icon and revealed a staircase. "Take care both of you. Best not come back here either."

4 hours? Speechless thought, it had certainly felt lot longer, he followed the stallion back to the control room, and when the stallion woke Maple up, Speechless was ready to go and help her up, but was positively surprised that the odd substance had helped.

But despite of it seeming like Maple was lot better now, Speechless still walked close to her, just in case she came to need support in some point, and when he saw the staircase, he gestured politely for Maple to go first, both because it was polite to let mares go first, and because he wanted to make sure he could help if something went wrong.

"Actually now that I think about it that substance is only going to last about another hour so it'd be best if you took the yellow one home after you both left." The keeper said "Goodluck you two." He said finally before walking away

Maple smiled to speechless "Well it was... An experience for the both of us... Though if the healing is temporary he's right we best get me back home." Maple stepped outside the exit to the tunnels She saw Starlight's village. "Well we're pretty far from where we started."

Speechless didn't know where they were but he could tell that they were lot more north than Canterlot is, he wrote, "I don't know where we are but if my guess is right, it would be better opinion to us to go to Manehattan, as it would be shorter travel away." "My mother could check and possibly take care of some of your injuries, and we both could rest."

Edited by The Cerberus