Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

During the day Maple needed to help Fluttershy with some animal care. She was always happy to help with animals. Since they never judged her even though she was different from her mother. Ponies could learn a thing or two from these animals. She thought. After about an hour or 2 she finally managed to finish helping and she got to get some rest.

Speechless's day, when he wasn't sleeping, mostly consisted of being with animals, who in the most part were cats and bats. He lived in a big hollow tree that he had reinforced with wood from the forest, it wasn't luxurious home, but it had everything he needed. After some time with the animals, Speechless headed inside for some rest.

That night Maple woke up from her rest and went to go get her armor until she remembered that she didn't work today. She went downstairs and had some food with her family before leaving to go meet up with Speechless. She picked herself off the ground with her wings and started flying. She landed over by sugercube corner and waited.

Speechless was woken up by howling of Timberwolfs, who howled to the raising moon, he didn't know why they did so, but it had proven to be a good wake-up alarm, because it always happened at the same time. He ate his 'breakfast' and took his bag, before walking to small opening near by, where he could take flight without crashing to the forest's roof. When in the air, he headed towards Sugarcube Corner, and upon arriving, he saw Maple already waiting. 

Maple saw Speechless fly up. "Ah, There you are!" She said waving to him. She flew up next to him. Awkwardly she looked at him and then said "So I was gonna make plans for us to do but I was so busy helping mom with her animals. That I didn't have time to plan anything." She looked a bit upset but smiled it off. "You have any ideas?"

Speechless shrugged and shook his head, awkwardly smiling, he hadn't planned anything, because he didn't know what ponies usually did. He would have explained it with his notebook, but because they were flying, he couldn't. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple looked at him for a second before remembering why he wasn't saying anything "Oh right. Let's go ahead and head to the ground we can plan... well something interesting to do." She flew down to the ground landing softly. She waited for Speechless to meet her down there.

Speechless followed Maple, landing not far from her. He then after stretching his wings a little bit, took out his notebook and wrote, "Do you have any ideas?" he smiled, slightly awkwardly "I don't really know what ponies usually do."

Edited by The Cerberus

"Nope." Maple said scratching her head with a hoof. "No Ideas. I don't know what ponies normally do either, since I was outcasted for a long time a few years ago, I found friends kinda hard to come by." She said smiling. "But hey I met you so there something right?" She looked at sugercube corner then back to Fluttershy's cottage. "Perhaps you could show me where you live? I'd like to meet some of your family! Since you know mine already." She laughed. "And don't worry I'm not flirting with you. I feel I'm far too busy with guard stuff and changeling fighting to actually hold a relationship like that."

Speechless laughed a little bit to Maple's comment about the flirting before starting to write, "Outcasted? Because you are vampire-fruit bat?" "Nevermind" "My parents live in Manehattan, so I can't introduce them to you now, but they are both bat-ponies, sorta, and both of them can talk." "But I can show you where I live, if you are okay with going to Everfree forest."

Maple looked over at Everfree "Yea I'm fine going there. That's where I went when I left ponyville after being outcasted. I went the castle of the two sisters. Bet it still feels pretty homey to me there. But for now, I would like to see where you live." She said "You go ahead. I'll follow you."

Speechless nodded aright, put the notebook and pen back to the bag and took flight. He was curious about Maple being outcasted, but felt that it would be rude to start asking about it. The flight wasn't long, and soon enough the small opening in the forest-roof was visible. Speechless landed smoothly, evading all the tree-roots, rocks and other obstacles out of memory.

Maple's landing didn't go as smoothly she hit a tree root right as she stopped flapping her wings tripping over it falling onto the ground with a thud. "Ow." She grunted. Maple stood up and dusted herself off. "You did see that did you?" She asked knowing good and well he did.

Maple laughed. "I'm alright." She said streatching. "I'm normally better at landing on rough terrain but sometimes I mess it up." She was fine with saying that to him She didn't feel as if she was representing the whole night guard since she wasn't on duty. "So where is your house? Don't see it anywhere."

Speechless smiled and nodded when Maple said she was aright. When she asked about the house, Speechless motioned with his head her to follow. They didn't need to walk long before they could see the hollow tree with a door, and a small window next to the door. Speechless proceeded to open the door, but instead of entering, he asked Maple to enter first with polite gesture.

Inside the tree there was a bed, food storage, a table, one chair, and general storage area with shelves and boxes. For decoration there wasn't anything, only thing was one framed picture on the table. 

The picture had three ponies in it, Young Speechless was standing on the middle of the picture, and on his left side, was standing normal bat-pony mare with light brown eyes and dark hair. On the right side was a stallion that looked very much like Speechless with same clawed wings and red eyes, same color mane and tail, but without the lighter stripes that Speechless had. But one particular detail differed him from Speechless, the stallion had fangs.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

When Speechless held the door for her she nodded and said "Thank you.". Once inside she looked around the place, It was remnant of her place when she lived in at the castle of the 2 sisters. "Cozy." she said being polite. She examined the picture. Looking at it closely. "Hey I meant to ask why do you and your dad have clawed wings..." She worried the question was a bit rude... She had asked it but she knew people asked her dad questions similar all day and he didn't mind them at all, But discord was very talkative and Speechless couldn't speak at all.

• Brohoof 1

Speechless made Wait-a-moment gesture with his wing and walked to the storage-area and digging into one of the boxes. He let out satisfied sound as he pulled out similar notebook like the one he was carrying. He then browsed it a little bit before giving it to Maple, "As it probably is obvious, I inherited my wings, my father having them." "And my father, he is different type of bat-pony, and his type has become rather rare sight." "But despite that, almost every pony knows their type, many times mistaking normal bat ponies with them." "You most likely know them as Vampire-bat ponies."

Maple read through it and when she got to Vampire-Bat She wasn't really to surprised, she did remember they were real though. "Oh yea I forgot there where none Fruit, Vampire-Bats been so long since I met one." She looked at the picture again "He wouldn't happen to be a guard would he?"

Speechless took the notebook, and after looking through few pages, he gave it back. "Before my parents moved to Manehattan, father tried to become a night guard, and it seemed like he would succeed for a while." "But one day, somepony discovered him being a vampire-bat, and despite he trying to explain that ponies weren't part of his diet, he was disallowed to continue." "Soon after that he moved with my mother to Manehattan."

Edited by The Cerberus

"..." Maple just kinda stared at it really confused. "So wait your father and I have similarly frightening appearances. The only difference would be my parents, That and I drink apples and not any kind of blood. I'd like to go meet your father now. That said though... If he know I'm a guard will he get mad?"

Speechless took his another notebook from the bag and wrote, "I don't thing either of you are frightening." "But yes, you both are unusual when it comes to majority of bat ponies." "And yes, your parents and diet are the biggest differences" "And no, he won't be angry, he doesn't believe in holding a grudge." "If you want, I can send him a letter to ask if and when we could visit them." 

"Sounds great!" Maple said happily "Anyways. You've been around your dad your whole life that's why he's not scary to you. A lot of ponies are scared of me and I don't even drink blood but when I actually tell them my mother's Fluttershy they do tend to believe I won't hurt them." She smiled softly. "Before you write to them have any sorta questions for me? I've been asking you a bunch so why don't you."

Speechless smiled and pointed at "True" and "Makes sense".

He then thought for a moment if he had any questions, he then shook his head and wrote, "Not really." "Like many ponies, I know what your parents are and what they do." "Is there something you think my parents should know about you in advance?" He then looked like he remembered something, and added few lines with a careful smile, "Or well, there is one thing I wanted to ask you earlier but wasn't sure if I should." "You said you were outcasted." "If you are okay with it, I would like to hear about it."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple read it looking back on that "I'm perfectly fine talking about that. Well how it started was I had gone to Manehattan and well it was the day time I was getting stuff for my mother so I wasn't flying becasue of the black cloak. Eventually someone saw my fangs and realized. I was run out of manehatten at that time. It was a few days before nightmare night..." She paused remembering this bit as a painful bit. "Word of a evil Vampire had reached the far corners of equestria. then I was out during nightmare night talking and being 'normal' since everyone thought it was a costume. Well one pony knew how I was... He was a Vampire hunter. He attacked me and when he did no one came to help so I ran away to the one place no one would see me again. The castle of the two sisters..." She stopped, There was more to the story but she wasn't sure if she could continue.