Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

"Easy there, I'm not a hunter." It was Midnight, she was wearing hooded cape that covered her whole body, she appeared to be carrying something under it "I heard about what happened at the market, are you two aright?" "I brought your armor and Naginata, and some medical supplies."

She and Crimson had left towards Ponyville immediately after getting Speechless' letter, and after not finding Speechless from his house, Midnight had started asking around for rumours and heard that there had been fighting in Canterlot's trade-market, so she headed there and started asking around more, ultimately finding herself from the door of Zephyrs house.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple released the tension on the string without firing the arrow "Sorry. Since that one hunter found us, He's been harassing us... But now He's in prison. But... you never know..." She set the bow aside and removed the arrow "Nice to see someone friendly around here. Come on in." Maple stepped out of the way of the door "My uncle's not home right now. He won't be back until really late. I was about to fix some breakfast if you wanted some." She said to her. Midnight could notice that Maple looked a little worse for wear though mostly because she'd gotten up only about 30 seconds ago.

Edited by Maple Bat

"No need to be sorry, I understand you being careful." "And good to hear that the hunter is in prison, though some of them don't seem to stay there" Midnight said with rational-sounding tone, then continuing with more casual tone "And no thank you, I'm not going to stay long, I have to get back to Manehattan before sunset" When she got inside, she removed the cape revealing Maple's armor and Naginata hanging on her side, and a saddlebag on her other side.

"I hope I didn't wake you up" she said as she carefully dropped the armor and weapon on the floor, Speechless was heard making a sound that could be guessed to be a greeting "Since you look like you just woke up."

Maple relaxed and set the bow aside. "Don't worry I've been awake for a few minutes but I just got out of bed." She was about to mention the reason but worried Midnight wouldn't like it... "Well thanks for bringing those things for me. It was nice of you. And about the hunter... He's going to be there for a very long time. Luna will make sure of it since she knows I and Speechless were hurt by him, she even knows he had the full intention of killing us thanks to him being part of that 'Disbanded' group of hunters." Maple lifted the Naginata and made sure the weight was still good, she missed the weapon a bit she was happy to swing it again.

Midnight didn't seem surprised, or really react at all to Maple's mention of the disbanded group of hunters, "Oh, of course, I totally forgot you have close relations with princess Luna, being captain of her guard and all." "That's good, we shouldn't have to worry about that hunter then" she then looked at Maple, and said with almost playful tone "And before you even say it, you don't owe me anything for bringing these here." She then walked where Speechless was, put the saddlebag next to him, and started unwrapping his leg, speaking to him in motherly manner. 

"T... Thanks... Don't worry about me... Speechless was dragged into this with me that hunters probably been tracking me for years and when he found me he found speechless too. It's kinda my fault so I've done my best to keep him safe." Maple smiled, she didn't want to mention the part where speechless nearly died and she saved him, She wasn't sure how she'd respond. "I'm going to go cook us something to eat now. We'll need it after that event." She walked into the kitchen and unravelded her own bandage taking the blood-soaked ball out of the wound and throwing it all away. She wasn't going to replace it since it was going to heal on its own now

"Don't blame yourself, hunters have been tracking Crimson for long time too, so this would have happened in some point anyway!" Midnight said, not fully sure if Maple heard it, as she was looking at Speechless' wound closer, muttering "Luckily that mare knew what she was doing." She the took out some kind of salve and started applying it to Speechless' burned wound, causing Speechless to squirm and twitch a little bit, because it wasn't exactly painless.  

Maple heard in the other room and responded shouting to her "I figured but I was more talking about this hunter in particular... He has nocturnal eyes so He's one of their best. Not that that matters now." She finished with a chuckle. And said to herself "Good riddance" Maple started to make pancakes for her and Speechless not sure what he wanted but she assumed these would be alright.

Midnight didn't argue, though she didn't blame Maple, she couldn't really say it wasn't because of her, that this exact hunter found Speechless. After she was done applying the salve, she explained to Speechless that it was analgesic that also would keep the possible infection away, and that Speechless needed to keep applying it once a day/night, until the wound starts healing. She then wrapped his leg with new bandage, then taking out two metallic, sharp, spike looking things from the saddlebag, showing them to Speechless, and asking if he knew what they were. 

Maple sighed as she flipped the pancake. She was thinking about the fact that the Duskbreakers where still operational... it was gnawing at her thoughts and she couldn't stop thinking about it. She stomped loudly in frustration and sighed. "Ok... It's ok... The Day or night guards can disband them again..." She started to calm herself down, breathing slowly and deeply. She removed the 1st finish pancake from the stove and repeated the process.

Midnight and Speechless heard the stomp, and though Speechless felt slightly concerned, they didn't ask about it, since they could tell it was indeed a stomp, and not something dropping or something worse. Midnight started explaining to Speechless about the spike-things, they were a weapon, and they were made specifically for Speechless. Their use was rather simple, they were to be put on top of the wing-claws, and they basically were sharper and stronger extension for the claws, made to penetrate armor and to block small bladed weapons. 

The smell of pancakes got Speechless' mouth to water, he was getting hungry, and it had been a while since he had eaten pancakes. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple continued to make them until she'd made 6, 3 for each of them not doing, nor saying much either. She did calm down and her smile returned as she finished the 6th one. She'd calmed down by telling herself that they'd be disbanded again and Luna would make sure of it. She walked out of the kitchen holding the 2 plates with 3 pancakes each and a bottle of syrup on one. "Speechless... I made food for you if you want it." She said with a smile not sure what the spike things where for

When Maple came with the plates, Midnight moved out of the way, putting the spikes on top of Speechless' notebook-bag that was still next to the bed. To Maple's comment, Speechless replied with a sound, that could be understood as something along the lines 'Yes please', and he looked almost exited to get pancakes, making Midnight chuckle a little.

Midnight then noticed Maple's wound, she hadn't been able to tell what kind of injury it was due the bandage, but now that she could see the wound, she could recognize what it was from, "So you got hit by a crossbow, you're lucky mare Maple, they usually aim for the heart"

"You could say I'm lucky but... He didn't aim for the heart on purpose... I'd rather not get into why." Maple replied dismissively. She set the pancakes with the syrup in front of Speechless "There you go. Made with love." She said kissing him. "I'm still happy you saved me from him. Trust me if you weren't there I'd be in a situation where I'd rather be dead." She implied that she didn't want to talk about it by looking down, worried.

Midnight didn't ask about it any further, and Maple's comment to Speechless cleared it enough for her to guess that, Maple probably talked about getting captured, if it was because who she was, or for personal reasons, it didn't really matter. But Speechless couldn't just dismiss it, his embarrassment form getting kissed in front of his mother, turned into concern, he was obviously worrying about what Maple said, but also clearly making the effort of trying to not worry so much.

Midnight broke the silence, "I think I'll take my leave." She dropped the saddlebag with the medical supplies next to the wall "I'm happy to see that you two are so close now, it will help if hunters mark you as the target, I would know, I married one of their targets." the latter point had almost humorous tone, she then continued with more serious tone "Some hunters are savages, worse than feral vampires, so be careful" "And remember, if you ever need help with the hunters from outside the guard, contact us, there's more ponies willing to help than you think." She then left without saying anything else.

Speechless looked surprised by Midnight's words, but he soon turned to Maple, looking at her with worried curiosity. 

Edited by The Cerberus

"I'll keep that in mind should we get targeted again. One of there best is in prison however so I wouldn't worry about them sending more for a while. For now me and speechless need some rest. We earned it" She smiled to him moving her thoughts past the scary things she was thinking about as they couldn't happen to her anymore. "So Speechless... Try those. I made them the best I could!"

Speechless looked at Maple for second longer, before turning towards the pancakes. He really wanted to know what Maple meant, but he didn't want to pressure her about it, so he took a bite out of the pancake, and gestured to tell to Maple that they tasted good. He finished the pancakes rather quickly, only confirming that he found them delicious. 

After finishing eating, Speechless thanked Maple with a gesture, before taking his notebook and writing with a smile "That was simply delicious." He then saw the claw-weapons Midnight had given him again, and that made him wonder if Maple knew what they were. He wrote, "Do you know what those are?" and pointed at the weapons.

Maple ate her pancakes thinking she didn't do as good but it was still good. "Actually I've got no Idea. It looks like you added metal spikes to your natural claws. That'll make them hurt for sure!" She said to him "Though I still wanna know what they are." She said watching them for a while as he moved his wings.

Speechless wrote, "Well, they are exactly for that, to make our claws more deadly." "And these ones are made specifically for me, so they should be the perfect fit " "Mother didn't explain it too much in detail, but they have been made as sort of a counter measure to the hunters' armor." "They can also be used to block small bladed weapons." "She said that there's ones for the fangs too, but me not having that type of fangs, I wouldn't be able to use them." He reached for the one of the weapons from top of the bag where they were, and was giving it to Maple so she could see it from closer, when folded paper dropped out. He still gave the weapon to Maple before picking the paper up and opening it.

Speechless read the paper, and with slight worry in his eyes, he turned it for Maple to read. "We were followed when we left our apartment, I think I lost my follower after we split up with Crimson, but keep your eyes open." "I'm sorry if I'm wrong."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple read the note and got up moving her naginata closer to the bed where She and Speechless where resting. "In that case, we're not leaving. Uncle Zephyr can get anything we need... Though this note is extremely worrying..." She relaxed with a deep sigh "I just don't want to go fight and you get hurt again... or worse..." Maple sighed and closed her eyes "Let's hope she's wrong."

Speechless sighed too, before making a sound of agreement to Maple's hope about Midnight being wrong, he knew it had been too easy, though he wasn't really worried about himself, or even Maple. He worried about his mother, because unlike him or his father, Midnight didn't have any natural ways to defend herself, and not liking violence, she had denied Crimson's offer to teach her to fight. He sighed again, he could only hope that the followers had been after his father.

Speechless laid down and closed his eyes, he wasn't tired, but he needed to rest, and he really wasn't able to do anything else anyways, he could have walked a little to test his legs, but he wanted to wait until the salve took effect. The silence was broken by a new sound of knocking, it was short, but a rather loud knock, somepony wanted to make sure it was heard.

Maple got out of the bed and stretched hearing the knocking on the door. "I'll go get it Speechless you stay off that leg." She walked over to the door with her bow at ready She didn't draw the string this time but there was an arrow nocked on it. She opened the door...

There was....nopony, and there wasn't even any ponies in the view from the door, so there was no hints who it could have been. Only thing in front of the door was neatly folded fabric, and with closer inspection, one could notice that it was a hooded full-body cape, and that it looked eerily similar to the one Midnight had had. If Maple was to pick it up, she would be able to see a rip around where flank of the pony wearing it would be, and around that rip was little bit of rather fresh blood, implying a possible injury on the wearer.

Maple saw it and picked it up, and when she saw the blood she looked horrified. She continued to examine it, she hadn't seen midnight for too long but she kept looking at it worried before she realized speechless would probably know if it was hers for sure. She walked over to the room. "Speechless... Is this your mothers?" She held up the not ripped side. "It was at the door laying there with no pony around it."

Speechless hadn't seen his mother before she had taken the cape off, so he didn't know what she had when she had visited, but he knew what she usually used, and the cape Maple was holding, looked familiar. But only looking like it didn't make it the same cape, after all, it was rather common cape, so Speechless needed something else to confirm if it was Midnight's.

Speechless carefully got up from the bed, he needed to walk a little anyway, and walked closer to Maple so he could inspect the cape from closer. He grabbed one of the corners of the cape, and oddly enough, he smelled it. Speechless looked thoughtful for a moment, but eventually he nodded, looking rather confused. But Speechless thought that he had smelled something else too, so he smelled the cape a second time, this time taking a good long breath, and he became visible worried.

Speechless started looking around and inside the cape until eventually he saw the bloody rip, and after seeing it, he turned towards Maple, his expression being mixture of emotions.