Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Maple and Speechless where approaching a slight cliff it was slanted but it was where Maple knew the 2 would need to start flying. "They'll now think we're running to your house to fortify it like last time. Don't fly low or they might shoot you." Maple spread her wing ready to leap off the cliff "You can fly right?" Maple asked looking at the bags he carried. "I've got a plan B if not."

Speechless nodded again to show that he heard and understood, and for Maple's question he also nodded, before proving the point by taking the leap and taking flight. Because though the bags were extra weight, they were balanced well enough to cause no problems for him when flying, and he was used to flying with bags anyway, because of his home being deep in the Everfree. He looked behind him to make sure Maple had gotten off the ground. 

Maple lept and started flapping her wings, avoiding another bolt on her way up. "They're relentless, wonder what pissed them off today... There's no way we won't be followed. Let's hurry." Maple flapped her wings harshly and flew quickly to everfree Despite going her full speed, it would still take time. However, She realized that Speechless probably can't go as fast as her so she stopped in mid-air waiting for him to catch up before she kept going. She kept looking behind Speechless one of the hunters could be winged...

Maple was right that Speechless was little slower, but he wasn't far behind Maple when she stopped, and caught up with her in few second. He really didn't like that Maple stopped to wait for him, because it made her easier to get hit if the hunters still managed to shoot at them, and Maple getting hit with a bolt was the last thing he wanted to happen, because in worst case scenario that could cause Maple to fall to the ground, and considering their altitude....Speechless shook his head, he needed to stop thinking about what could happen, and focus on what does happen.

Maple saw the hunters, both of them ran after them until the hill then they looked at each other and hurried off in a different direction "Well... Let's hope this works. We can do this." Maple sounded like she was trying to reassure herself more so than Speechless. "C-Come on let's hurry. We can't risk them getting there first... If they did then this whole plan is ruined." Maple again thought of something that she didn't plan for, There were a lo lot of hunters what if they were waiting for them at the forest... Maple assumed that would be something that she'd have to plan her way out of if it happened. She was trying to look unconcerned but was failing rather miserably.

Speechless nodded again to show that he heard what Maple said, and he also started thinking about the fact that what if they were there already, because though the ones following them most likely wouldn't get there first since flying was the fastest way there, it was very logical that there would be hunters in the forest already, if nothing else, they would be watching over Speechless's house. But unlike Maple, Speechless had a plan in case he got ambushed, that being, The Timberwolves, because he would be able to lure¨them there as long as he could open his mouth, and he trusted that the hunters didn't know about that, so he was confident that he could lure the wolfs there and survive long enough for them to arrive. 

Speechless noticed Maple looking concerned, and not really being able to do anything else while in flying, he just looked at her with asking expression. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Maple heard Speechless tone she looked at him. "Oh. No, it's nothing, don't worry I'll be ok. Once this is over we won't have anything to worry about... only making a new plan to take these hunters down... Something I thought was done... Needless to say, We'll make sure they stay down this time, Right?" Maple gave a confident nod, hoping that Speechless would respond in a similar way.

Speechless didn't fully believe Maple, but he didn't want to argue, and wouldn't have been able to even if he would have wanted since they were flying, so he just nodded as a reply again. He still didn't like the plan, it was very risky and..well, he didn't really like the idea of hurting, or even killing an another pony, sure they were hunters who tried to kill him and Maple, and took his mother as hostage, but they were still ponies....Speechless stopped thinking about it, what had to be done had to be done, he could worry about how he felt about after they were safe. 

Mapel heard a loud snap while she was flying lower. When she looked around she didn't see anything  Must've been hearing things I gotta focus. She and Speechless continued for a long time it would take them a while to get to the forest Maple decided that a conversation would be too one-sided so it was going to be a pretty long flight. She looked at Speechless making sure he's getting along ok.

Speechless also heard the snap, but didn't pay attention to it, though he wasn't sure why he didn't. He noticed that Maple stayed quiet, but he didn't mind that since he was fully aware how boring it would be for her to talk to him since he could only answer with nods and sounds. Speechless didn't show any signs of unusual concern or anything like that, only thing there was for Maple to notice slight amount of nervousness and thoughtfulness, but that was to be expected considering the situation.

(OOC: this is the last post before the hiatus, so, see you in 2-3 weeks :) (also, sorry for low-quality, I'm very tired))

Maple was busy in her own head, thinking about all taht could happen, she knew that if it came down to it she'd make sure that Speechless could escape. She shuttered at the though of what those hunters were doing to Midnight and what Crimson's fate was... She looked longingly at speechless finding comfort in his considerably calm eyes. She nodded silently to herself. Drawing her weapon and checking it to be sure the edge was sharp, which it was since she sharpened it before they left.

Speechless noticed Maple looking at him and could tell something was on her mind, but he didn't give her asking expression, because he knew that she wouldn't tell her. He soon sank to his own thoughs as he started thinking for plans for different scenarios of failure, but he soon found himself starting them all in the same way, by getting Maple safe even if he had to forcibly drag her, he wasn't going to let the hunters take her too. 

(edited)

Maple flew to the ground landing near the forest. "Alright... Now we need to wait until they get here... It's not something I want to do... Hay, I just want to get away from them but this is the only chance we have stand ground on the attack... We can't let them know we're plotting... We have to look shocked when they get here... You can handle that?" Maple had taken her role of leadership, she was now acting like she did when she was the brave night guard pony. She was faking it but it would help Speechless confidence.

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless nodded, it wouldn't take too much acting to look shocked because though he was hiding it, he was feeling very scared about the whole thing, but Maple's leader-like attitude did help it a bit. He tried to convise himself that his knowledge of Everfree and animals, combined with Maple's figthing skill would allow them to win. 

The two didn't have to take long. Maple heard a pony approach them a few moments after Speechless reacted HE shouted "There they are! Get them now!" 2 other ponies wearing the same robes that the Duskbreakers used ran up to the first one dressed in the same fasion the other 2 brought out cross bows the middle one drew a weapon of some sort, Like a wooden stake only it was more of an ax with a stake as the head

Maple jumped, she hadn't expected them this quickly. "Gah! They're here run!" Maple wanted Speechless to start running first so she'd be the one followed. Maple unclipped her spear pointing it at the hunters. "You go I'll try to hold them back..." Maple was shaking visibly. Speechless couldn't tell if it was real or fake and he didn't necessarily have the time to find out.

Speechless wasn't having any of it, and instead of just running, he grabbed Maple's armor's edge with his wing and pulled her with him with surprising strenght. He knew it was a risk, since there was three hunters next to them, but he had decided that either they both run, or they both fight, especially now when figthing was not part of the plan. 

Maple was shocked when she got dragged "Hey! I was going to stick to the plan but we can't risk one of those 3 following you. Have some faith in me ok? I should say sorry for not telling you I'd do that in particular. I'll wait until they get close and dart off opposite of you then we'll meet up again once you find the Timberwolves." Maple moved out of his grip. "I'll be cautious... I've never had a reason to but you are my reason now. Go. I'll lure them away as we planned."

Speechless looked at Maple and didn't move, he wasn't going to let her to end up figthing alone, but she did have a point. He gave Maple a worried look and opened his wings and flew in a nearby tree, then gesturing Maple to do her thing, he wasn't going to run yet, but at least he was hiding, so the hunters would think he had run. 

Maple waited on the hunters nervously. It wasn't long until they approached her "Aww..." The leader type one was the one who started "Your friend left you... That's one of the many reasons why we hate vampires... they leave each other to save their own flanks. Tell me little bat... Why don't we just end your suffering!" he swung his 'axe' quickly at Maple, she blocked it with her hoof's metal boot at a similar speed.

"Haha! YOu'll have to catch me first!" Maple leapt into the tree line and started flying between the branches.

"Shoot her down NOW!" The leader-type shouted angered waving his sword.

2 two aimed but didn't shoot at Maple "We... We can't get a clear hit... the branches are in the way, sir. And we're low and ammo..."

The leader threw down his sword angered and picked it back up... An eight pony..."Fine, we'll engage her in a clearing... and if she goes too high Everfrees fines will tangle her up for us... Chase that bat now! I want her!" The 3 darted after Maple, leaving speechless and not even seeing him at that.

It took a lot of willpower for Speechless to not jump in while Maple faced with the hunters,  he really didn't like it. 

Speechless listened what the hunters said, and their mention of the vines made him worry, because he realized that Maple probably didn't know about that, in fact, she probably didn't know lot of things about the forest. 

He started moving, but instead of going to totally different direction, he headed to almost same direction, because he was taking a shortcut to the closest opening in the direction where Maple went, he figured that ambushing the hunters with the timberwolfs would be a good plan. 

Maple wasn't flying anymore, more of leaping from tree limb to tree limb, She'd spent a whole year int he forest she knew what she was doing was risky but at least nothing on the ground would be able to halt Maple's progress. Now she had fewer threats but she had to be very careful to not hit any vines or it would only go downhill for her. She had the training, however. "Wow... Equestria's best hunters... Can't even keep up with a pony clad in armor." Maple taunter which one of the hunters shot at her but the shot thud against a tree limb.

Speechless managed to pass the hunters and Maple and arrived to a opening that Maple would end up in if she didn't change direction, it wasn't a big opening, but it was big enough to be called an opening. 

He started preparing, he broke few timber-sticks and made noises of hurt timberwolf. 

Maple kept moving as she knew Speechless was probably already executing his part of the Plan she felt a vine catch her wing but it was weaker than most and she yanked it off the trees it was on. She unfolded her wings. That made her harder to follow but the hunter kept up.

Nearby, older timberwolves started to be heard, Barking, snarling and growling. Speechless couldn't see them yet but once they saw anything that could be a threat there was no doubt they would attack it.

Speechless was fully aware how aggressive timberwolfs were, and knew that if they thought he had attacked one of them, he would be goners. Thus, Speechless moved away from the broken sticks and showed his fear, hoping that the timberwolfs would think he is just a helpless animal, and instead think the hunters as the threat, if they appeared. 

Maple emerged from the forest into the small clearing when she did one of the hunter shot at her, the shot had caused the loud crack that it normally did. Said shot drew the attention of the already very angry Timberwolves. She shot grazed Maple's leg, it hurt but didn't draw blood. She descended near speechless and landed not landing on the hurt one. She looked just as scared as he did.

The Hunter Fired a shot aimed right at Speechless spine the bolt hit a wolf, on the side and it yelped but then approached the hunter who fired the pack of 7 timber wolves slowly started to surround them... It was about to get ugly...