Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless didn't move, partly because he didn't want to get the attention of the wolves, and partly because he was too terrified to move due being close to three hunters and seven predators of Everfree. 

He hadn't noticed that Maple had gotten hit. 

Maple moved infront of speechless trying to cover him with her wings. "It's ok... WE did it... They heard the crack and thought that the hunters hurt a timber wolf the plan worked... Let's get out of here before they realize that we're ponies too and try to attack us." Maple smiled to Speechless and went into the tree branches again Letting the hurt hoof hang.

Maple's covering and words helped Speechless to snap out of his frozen state, and he nodded to Maple, still clearly scared. He followed Maple to the branches and it was only then he noticed Maple being careful with her leg. He pointed at the leg and looked at Maple with asking and worried expression. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Maple noticed that speechless was 'Asking' about her leg "O-Oh... don't worry, a bolt scraped my leg... It hurt, not going to lie... but I mean I'm ok. Not even bleeding... I think. For now, we need to escape the forest so we can find the DuskBreakers hideout... Then once we save your parents we can rid Equestria of them... Hopefully for the last time..." Maple said the last part with no enthusiasm... Her voice seemed dead... She couldn't even convince herself that it would disband them for good. Maple lept to a nearby branch and landed on it not using her hurt hoof "Ready to leave?"

Speechless believed Maple on this one, because even if it hurt more than Maple let him to understand, it was true that it indeed didn't bleed, and most likely wasn't even close to bleeding since if it was, the timberwolfs would have most likely smelled the blood. After Maple asked him if he was ready to leave, Speechless nodded, he hadn't thought that they would be the ones going after the base, but he didn't want to argue, and he wanted to help his mother.

And for his father, Speechless didn't believe that Crimson had been captured, no, either he was hiding somewhere, coming up with a plan, or he was......dead. He felt shivers going down his spine, the thought sickened him, but it was true, he knew his father, he knew that Crimson would not let the hunters to get him alive, not that it was something they usually would try to do, since Crimson was pure vampire. 

(edited)

Maple nodded back she flew deeper into the forest. She'd never forget where the base was the first time and she guesses that it would still be in the same place. they didn't seem like the building type. It was going to take the two a while but Maple landed on her hoof bad and it hurt so she fell from the tree line, she fell but managed to catch herself as she fell with a small amount of flight. She skid along the forest floor silently as she landed.

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless followed Maple, and when she fell after what to him looked like a bad landing, Speechless hurried next to Maple to check if she was aright, he didn't touch her in case she was hurt, but he had his usual look of worried question. Speechless started to think that maybe their plan of attacking the base was even worse than he had thought, because for what he had seen, Maple's leg clearly hurt, even if there was no visible injury, and he himself had no real experience on fighting, only few days of practice, and not only that, they probably were highly outnumbered by the hunters, considering that it was a base they were going for.

Maple took off her sabaton on her right foreleg, exposing the wound to Speechless it was only seen as a red mark across her leg, the landing could've opened the wound but it wasn't... not yet at least. "Ow... Dang, it... That... That drop hurt... Sorry... I should be tougher but... my emotions are getting to me in a way." Maple took a deep breath trying to relax herself. She looked into speechless eyes watching them closely.

Speechless looked sympathetic, he was worried about Maple, not because the mark was visible, but because it obviously hurt, and seeing Maple's pain made him feel bad. Not knowing what else to do,  Speechless did the only thing he could come up with to make Maple feel better, and hugged her. Sure he could have used something from the medical supplies, but he figured it was more important to make Maple feel better first. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

When Maple got hugged by Speechless, she smiled and started to tear up as she hugged him back. She was so sick of pretending to be strong for this... And now... She felt like she didn't have to be, now that the hunters tailing the two where gone, as far as she knew "T-Thank you. Let's get out of here so we can... I.. Don't really know what to do now..." Maple started to use her head rather than just running off instinct. "We can't fight all the hunters... we couldn't even face 3... I... I just don't know."

Speechless smiled lovingly, he felt like staying in the hug for as long as possible, but he knew it had to wait.

He took out his notebook and wrote "First we have to do something to your injury" he didn't want to see Maple suffering any longer "Then we can plan our move, we have element of surprise on our side." Speechless didn't want to give up at this point, but he was aware that it was going to be..... tricky, "We have animals on our side, and I'm sure father is planning something too" 

Maple let go of Speechless, "R-Right... I... we can't give up now. We've come this far." Mpale presented the hurt hoof to speechless hoping he would avoid dressing the injury SHe wasn't sure if she could put her sabaton back on if he was to do so. "Y-You trust that we can do this...right? You know we can without a doubt?" She looked worried obviously needing reassurance herself.

Speechless opened the medical supply bag and took out the salve that he had used to his leg, then gently applying it to Maple's injury before wrapping it up with little bit of bandage, making sure it would still allow for the sabaton to be put back on. He then wrote "Yes, we can do this, we just need to play our cards right." "Besides, if we don't end this now, we will be in this situation again." He looked surprisingly convident, but there was hint of uncertainty and worry mixed in. 

Maple tried to slip the sabaton back and smiled at her own success, "We should be close. I'm just as ready as you are... I really hope you are ready but... Thanks, Speechless I really needed that. Lets go." She said determined to finish what the two started, She stumbled getting up so fast but she recovered quickly drawing her spear ready for battle now. The weapon was sharp since she hadn't used it but still kept care of it and her armor was a bit dented but again, kept well by Maple.

Speechless put the notebook back to its back and closed the medical bag, then nodding to Maple that he was ready. He hit his weaponized claws together to make sure the weapons were well attached, he was nervous and slightly scared, but he knew that what he had wrote was true, if they didn't do this now, this would happen again and again and again, until some day, they couldn't handle it anymore.

(edited)

Maple flew up into the tree line again and looked out, as far as she could see without going above the trees, "I know this area, We're close. Let's keep moving this way," She pointed to the side. Starting to head that way she stopped moments after making sure Speechless was able to pace with her. She was a soldier who usually moved to fast for others, but she was catching onto that.

Edited by Maple Bat

Maple would never forget where the base was... However, she couldn't find it since she had no idea where they were exactly but she'd remember if she saw anything of note, It wasn't obvious she didn't know where they were but she'd find their way, Eventually...

Fortunatly the two spotted the building, It wasn't in a clearing it was shrouded in the trees Maple landed on a branch in a near it, She quickly scanned the perimeter of the field that served as a training yard, there was a large U shaped building around said yard that was what served as their base "There it is... There's 3 right there I can see them, Not guards but they're armed... 2 more over there... A mare, unarmed and a stallion, armed." Maple kept looking but stopped "That's all of them I see out there. Think we can take on 4 armed ponies? Ourselves? I know I can take at least the 3 but the 4th will cause me problems..." Maple wasn't sure how much strategy Speechless would understand so she just waited for his response.

Speechless looked visibly surprised as he scanned the base with his eyes, this wasn't what he had expected.

When Maple asked if Speechless thought they could take four ponies  Speechless became really thoughtful, sure if Maple spoke truth that she can handle three ponies, it shouldn't be a problem since surely Speechless  could handle one pony, but what about the unarmed one? She could be deadly on hoof-on-hoof combat, or she could set the alarm, she couldn't be ignored. 

Speechless wrote "Maybe, but we can't ignore the mare, she could raise an alarm or something similar." 

Maple read that and made an expression that read  Well... "That mare... I remember her. She has a bite mark. From a none Vampire but they use it to anger towns ponies when they find a vampire, TO run them out of town and away from safety. Yea... She's a threat alright..." Maple's face softly showed anger. She hadn't run into the pony but she received no punishment when the hunter group were caught the first time. That fact alone made Maple's blood boil.

Speechless listened what Maple said and thought about it for a moment, it made sense, but Maple didn't really address the main problem, what will they do with the mare. 

But Speechless didn't have to time to write about it, because suddenly from the forest, a body was flung, it was a hunter, based on his equipment, and he looked oddly.... pale. 

Maple tensed up as the hunter flew by them, she thought he spotted them and was about to attack them. It took 2 seconds for Maple to draw her weapon. She waited stone-still for a moment... "Is... Is he gone?" Maple didn't relax but she moved over to the body, holding her weapon in between her and the hunter. She was examining him for wounds anything that would make him this pale.

Speechless also froze when the body appeared, but he quickly could tell it was indeed a body, and cause of death was obvious to him. 

If Maple were to look the neck of the body, it would become apparent why the body was like it was. There were 4 holes on the body's neck,  and they looked like vampires' teeth marks. The hunters armor also was badly destroyed from some places and there was lot of deep but now bloodless wounds on the said places. 

Suddenly someone whispered behind them, "My bad, I was trying to throw it further" It was a blue unicorn stallion, he didn't have any weapons, but he was carrying two saddlebags.