Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

After the loss of support from the chains, Midnight collapsed right away, she didn't have any strength left and didn't seem to react to getting released other than letting out a muffled groan, and clearly preparing for something bad to happen. After hearing Maple's voice though, Midnight's ears pricked up and she calmed down, and after Speechless removed her blindfold, relieve shined from her tired looking eyes, but other than that, she didn't really do anything, she didn't even say anything after the muzzle was removed, she only gave a faint smile of relieve.

Crimson moved to face Midnight after he had checked her for any injuries, he had a serious expression on his face, and it was hard to tell what was going inside his head, and because of that, it was almost absurd how soft his tone was when he simply said to Midnight "I'm sorry." before turning towards Maple and going back to a serious and almost cold tone "There is no injuries..." he looked at Midnight again and turned back to Maple "...but considering how unresponsive she is, and how her body reacted to my examination, something has to have been done to her."

Suddenly the unicorn cut in "And I think i can tell you what that something is." his voice was the usual nonchalant tone, but there was a hint of concern mixed in, he was levitating the book that had been on the table, "This spellbook written by unknown author." "It's filled with spells that all share the same purpose, to inflict suffering without doing any damage." "Anything from giving nightmares to inflicting pain in countless different ways." he looked at Midnight "I don't know how the hunters have gotten their hooves on this, since there should be only one left, locked in somewhere by the princesses..." "...but depending on what they have used from here, it may take a while for Midnight to get over this."

Speechless didn't know how to react, and he had been just standing there after he had removed the blindfold and muzzle, his mind going through all the possible emotions, and his expression fully reflecting that mix of emotion. But after the unicorn told what he told, one emotion grew over all the others, anger, he suddenly understood perfectly his father's mercilessness towards the hunters, he now understood what it felt like to have thirst for revenge, he wanted to find the unicorn who had used that book... 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Maple didn't recognize the book but she'd heard of something like it... A dark look washed over her face "I regret letting any of them survive... Not handling this myself... I'm sorry Midnight... This could've been avoided if I wasn't a coward." Maple met Midnight's eye then looked behind her at Speechless "We need to get her out of here before we do anything else... W-What do you think we should... Do? ..." She was starting to hesitate while speaking. She was holding tears back now, it was clear she felt this was her fault

"First thing you all need to do is to stop blaming yourself" the unicorn said "It doesn't help anypony, in fact, it only causes more problems if you let your emotions overwhelm you."

Crimson turned towards Midnight again, clearly fighting his own emotions, "He's right, there's things we all should have done differently, but we will have time to think about that after we are out of here." "P, you take Midnight,"  the unicorn proceeded to pick up Midnight and nodded to tell he's ready. "and Maple..." he looked at Speechless who was still just standing there "....keep an eye on Speechless." "I take the front with my brother." he paused for a moment and continued "Only thing is, where we should go?" "She won't make it to Manehattan in that condition and Speechless' place is not safe anymore." he turned towards Maple "I hate to ask this, but could she stay with your parents until she's in shape to travel?"

Maple nodded to the unicorn calming down her emotions with some effort. She then listened to Crimson "I'll keep an eye on him. And yes she can head to my parents place. If they attack us there... well the attackers won't last too long" Maple said with a chuckle. "Magical damage to the inside... I'm trying to think if I know someone who can fix that... Dad's is a bit too... unstable for that... Hmm..." She was ready to go along with the others but she was still thinking at that time.

(edited)

Crimson nodded "We'll be heading there then." he then signaled the others to follow when he joined his partner in the front. The unicorn poked Speechless, breaking him out of his thoughts enough for him to understand to start following, and as they started walking, the unicorn turned towards Maple. "I would give the fixing a try, but due my limited abilities, I would need to know exactly what spells they have used, because otherwise I would risk doing permanent damage." "And as far as I know, only princesses or your father would be powerful enough do it without knowing the exact spells." his nonchalant tone had hint of reassurance "But we don't necessary need to bother the princesses, because I have tested many of these spells, and it has always been fixed with time." 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

"I've never seen anything like this before... To be fair I'm shocked they'd do that to her... She's not even Vampiric!" Maple looked at Midnight, sighed, and went over to Speechless looking at him with calming eyes and a hopeful smile "Don't worry, We'll get her to my dad, then Dad will fix her right up for you! I promise you." She put a hoof around Speechless pulling him close to her in a friendly manner, she wasn't sure they were fully safe yet... So she didn't go for a full-blown hug.

"It is surprising, but sadly not unheard of." "They don't kill non-vampires who don't directly work against them, but that doesn't mean they won't use them against those who they want down." the unicorn said before Maple went to Speechless. Midnight had fallen asleep at this point. 

Speechless looked at Maple with faint smile, it seemed like Maple had managed to comfort him to certain extend, and he did feel little better, but it didn't change what had happened, and thus Speechless's anger was still there, and it was clearly visible in his eyes and body language. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

"Let's just focus on getting her out then," Maple said noticing Midnight had gone to sleep. "Well... at least she feels good enough to rest." Maple's body language, as speechless could tell, was her having a huge mix of worry and anger. She was sure they'd get Midnight to someone who could help her, but how long that might take was what bothered Maple the most, something caught her attention after they left the building, the hunters that she'd let run away earlier were laying on the ground... dead. "What the?" She examined them quickly "Timberwolf work. Stay sharp everpony!"

When the dead hunters came to view Speechless didn't seem bothered, in fact, there was hint of satisfaction in his expression. He hadn't brought the timberwolfs there, but in his opinion such fate served the hunters right, after what they had done. 

Crimson and his partner redied their weapons to prepare for possible Timberwolf attack "Keep midnight safe." Crimson said as he looked at the unicorn, after which he turned towards Speechless, who had already taken action. 

Speechless howled like a timberwolf, it was sort of like asking 'where are you' from the wolves, he was planning to lure them away if they were anywher close. 

• 2 weeks later...

2 Wolves howled a response to speechless it sounded like it was heading away, Maple was ready to counter an attack on the group "Only 2? I thought there were 3 that we lured to attack them earlier... They must've got one. Unforgivable!" Maple said angrily. "Well... At least there's as far as we know... none left of them. Tread lightly and maybe we'll make it safely" Mpale started to lead and motioned for Midnight to follow her.

It could be different pack, Speechless thought to himself, either that or they had two timberwolfs thirsty for pony blood going around. 

The group started moving again, the unicorn carrying Midnight after Maple, and Crimson and his partner keeping ready for any attack.

But they didn't get far before Speechless noticed something, he suddenly charged into a nearby bush, and after sounds of magic and cry of pain from Speechless, before anyone could react, badly injured hunter was thrown out of the bushes, Speechless right after him, burning with rage. 

The hunter was an unicorn, and as he got up, he looked at the group, and then back at Speechless "I see" he started laughing "Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, now does it." Speechless got ready to attack as the hunter gave him a mocking look "Go ahead, do your worst." 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

• 3 weeks later...

Maple stepped up behind Speechless "You have my full permission to kill... But wait..." Maple stepped up spear out "Dark magic... I know you hated Vampires... But this magic... the Forbidden ones... That's where I draw the line!" She then motioned she was done talking and let Speechless have the first strike against the hunter... who stood no chance.

The hunter laughed again, Speechless had halted his attack, but not because he wasn't going to do it, no, he just didn't want to give the hunter the pleasure of getting ready, he just walked closer to the hunter, staring him into his eyes from so close that their snouts almost touched "What's the holdup, you want to say something too?" the hunters tone was mocking, and he opened his mouth to continue talking, but he didn't manage to say anything before Speechless sank his claw in the hunter's neck, but even though the hit had been lethal, Speechless didn't stop, he hit the hunter with his another claw, then with the another again, and again, and again.......

• 3 weeks later...

Maple watched for a moment... as he hit, again... and again, over and over, She took a step back watching this display. "Speechless. Stop. He's dead... There's no reason to continue." She said through gritted teeth. "Please. Let's just keep moving. To get your mother to safety before it gets late... Please just leave the hunter alone." She rested a hoof on his back to calm him down. "Please?"

Speechless didn't stop until Maple put her hoof on his back, he raised his claw for another attack, but soon lowered it back with a sigh, folding his now bloody wings on to his sides and shaking a bit as his muscles relaxed. He looked at the hunter, he was no longer recognizable, but Speechless didn't feel sick like before, no, he felt nothing, absolutely nothing besides the fading anger that had fueled his attacks, and that scared him. 

He kicked some dust towards the hunter for last disrespect before turning away and nodding. 

Crimson then walked next to the body "May his soul be damned to agony.".The unicorn then cut in "We need to move, I think Midnight has fallen unconscious."

"Right we shouldn't be too far now..." She motioned for them to keep following her... It was getting dark in the part of Everfree... And they weren't moving as fast as the first time. "Stay sharp. This is where everything can get worse. You know...The most dangerous creatures..." Her fur on her coat stood on end as she felt the eerieness of the forest... As it had before.

(edited)

Speechless gave a worried glance towards the unicorn and Midnight but started following Maple, secretly checking for signs of what Maple thought about what happened, mainly worring that she'd feel sick about it or worse, that she would dislike him because of it.

As the darkness grew, Crimson, his partner, and Speechless all tensed up, ready for possible Everfree creatures, but the unicorn kept his calm, taking careful steps, not being able to really see anything in the darkness. 

The unicorn suddenly said calmy "If any creatures come to bother us, I can try to chase them away. Creatures of this darkness hate light."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

• 2 weeks later...

Maple's ear twitched as she heard something move closer she turned in an instant... but the sound was merely a small rabbit. She sighed and carried on still leading the way, now hacking at some of the more dense plant life. "I've always liked this part of the forest... dark, mysterious. Yet the dangers that lie in wait take away from those feelings, you never know when you might run into a monster..." She forced her way past the recently cut vegetation still trailblazing for the others

The others reacted to the rabbit too with a small head turn, suddenly Crimson's partner talked for the first time, "It's also perfect for ambushing hunters, we always have upper hoof here because most of the hunters can't see anything." the unicorn joined the conversation "And it's great source for ingredients." Crimson didn't say anything and Speechless let out a small noise indigating that he didn't like the place. 

"The problem becomes... We ponies aren't adapted to this sort of environment... I've been around here more than I'd like to admit. But still, I'm at a disadvantage. There are creatures that probably smell us already. That's why I'm so adamant about us getting out of here as quickly as we ca-." Maple was interrupted as there was a deafening sound of claws against her armor, not surprisingly a hungry timberwolf... the things populated the forest like a pony to towns. She turned to stop it biting her neck by lodging her spear's pole into its mouth it was made of wood with parts of metal so it couldn't bite through there.

Crimson and his partner acted quickly, going towards the Timberwolf while Speechless backed up from the creature, his skills were useless at this point, since they were already in combat. The unicorn came next to Speechless and gave Midnight for him to carry before calmly walking toward the Timberwolf, he spoke up with a loud voice "Everypony close your eyes in....3....2....1...now!" as he said now, he started flashing a bright light from his horn, it was a way of chasing creatures away he had developed in his time of living in the Everfree, the concept was really simple, everypony knew that going to a light from darkness is not only blinding, but sometimes even painful, and for a creature that has lived it's whole life in darkness it was even worse, and the flashing made sure their eyes couldn't adjust to the brightness.

Maple was a bit busy with the timber wolf and tossed them as the flash happened "Augh!" As the timber wolf ran off she dropped her spear and rubbed her eyes. "Sorry...that was my bad... thanks for that. Clever plan... I'll need to bring something to flash with... Like a magic stone." She took another moment to recover "There is one thing... I think that could've drawn attention to us... I'll be more careful." She presses forward, Finding the path she and Speechless used before which made it easier. "I hope Luna can arrange that these hunters never arise again...but it's hard to monitor."

"True, but fighting it would also draw attention, we are in lose-lose situation regarding that fact." the unicorn pointed out. 

Crimson replied to Maple's hope about Luna dealing with the hunters, "Hopefully, but this was just one branch of the hunters, nopony knows how widespread they actually are." the unicorn cut in "That's true, but I'm sure princesses will put more effort to finding that out when they hear that hunters have dark magic in their hooves." "Sure these are just minor spells, but dark magic is addictive, so they could be seeking out more dangerous magic already."

• 3 weeks later...

"Making things worse... if this is a smaller branch... that means that larger ones have more than just one bad book. Regardless, the fact they had it will make Luna and Celestia take this much more serious... I'm sorry you all had to get wrapped up in it... Especially you Speechless... None of you deserved it. Not even me but well I'm used to risking myself for these things..." She sighed as she pressed forth Finally pushing the group past the darkest part of the forest. They had time for probably had time for another conversation... if anypony started one

Speechless made a sound indicating he didn't blame Maple while Crimson shook his head understandingly "Don't blame yourself Maple, you're not the only one they are after." Then Crimson's partner spoke "Our family has dealt with the hunters longer than you have lived, it was only matter of time for something like this to happen." the unicorn also cut in "Though this is the first time they have gone this far, maybe it means that they are finally on the losing end." Crimson continued "That isn't necessary a good thing, wild animals are more dangerous when they are injured and cornered."

When the group arrived to the end of the dark part of the forest, the unicorn stopped and levitated the dark-book to Crimson "This is where we part ways, I'll always be here to help you with the hunters but now I have to head home" he then just turned around and walked back into the darkness.