Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless listened interested and on the part about the vampire hunter he 'commented' with his notebook, "Father has told me about the hunters, mostly horror stories."
After maple stopped, Speechless wrote down a questions and showed them to Maple. "How did your parents react?" "And did they know where you were?"

Edited by The Cerberus

"They knew I was gone. But they didn't know where I went. My brother knew where I was however He'd bring me food sometimes but he never told anyone I was there." Maple sighed "They're reaction was pretty bad at first they thought i'd come back soon, Then they worried that I wouldn't. at some point they thought the hunter got me and Dad went to go find out. He apparently almost killed him. The castle of the 2 sisters is where I got my cutie mark though." She said a bit happily.

Maple stopped him "He's a dragonequus. Takes after our dad in both appearance and personality." She thought for a moment. "You have any family besides your parents. Like I have uncle Zephyr, Ah nevermind." She said shaking the question off. "I should probably meet your close family first before asking that." She laughed.

Speechless gave a curious sound when Maple said his brother being dragonequus. For Maple's question, even though she said nevermind, Speechless wrote the answer, "No really, my mother's family doesn't like my father and vice versa, so I never really met either side." "Anyway, I start writing that letter, so it gets to Manehattan during this night" "There's few apples in my food storage if you would like one" "Other than that, maybe you could think what could we do next?" "Until you want to be here the whole night." he then went to the same box he had taken the extra notebook from, and pulled out a paper and small envelope. He then sat on the floor, and before he started writing the letter, he showed his notebook to Maple once more, "I can still answer questions and listen."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple did have one more question for him She didn't want to ask it however. She simply took an apple out of Speechless's food storage. "Thanks." She said smiling at his friendly gesture. "Spending the night hear seems nice but I don't want to intrude. As for Ideas My parents usually are awake pretty late into the night if you actually want to go meet them. I know you practically know them but I figure my mom would love to meet you."

Speechlees looked suddenly excited as he wrote his reply with one wing, continuing on writing the letter with his other, "Meet your parents?" "I would love to, if it's okay." He had never thought to given a change to meet somepony like Fluttershy or Discord personally, and Maple even suggesting it made him almost burst from excitement. 

Maple smiled seeing his positive reaction "We can go right now if you want to..." she paused and looked at him. "Well I mean Unless you want to send that letter first?" She finished her apple and wasn't sure what to do with what was left. She looked around the house for some sort of bin.

Right when Maple asked about the letter, Speechless signed it and made it in to a roll, then walking to the window, and opening it. He then made a bat like sound, and soon a single bat flew from the window, took the letter and flew off. After that he pointed at "Done" in his notebook with a smile, and wrote, "You can throw the apple outside."

"Oh sweet." She said when He showed her he was finished. She walked over to the door throwing the apples leftovers away. "So you wanna go now or is there something else you would like to show me here before we go? Because I feel like my mom will talk to us until she practically passes out before letting us leave." She said laughing. "She's way less shy than she used to be." She stood at the door waiting on speechless.

Speechless had his notebook ready before Maple was finished, "Let's go", he then packed the notebook and pen in the bag and waited Maple to exit first. Speechless laughed to Maple's comment about her mom not letting them leave, and he seemed generally happy, like he was. He was happy that he had a friend, and excited about meeting Fluttershy and Discord.

Maple walked out of the house "You're probably gonna need another note book. They do autographs before you ask." She joked. "Mom's probably not gonna ask a lot of questions. You however probably have a whole bunch of questions for her and my dad. They'll answer most questions you might ask!" She sounded happy as she left. Normally ponies don't like meeting discord in person.

Speechless chuckled to Maple's joke, he kept it silent so he didn't interrupt Maple. When Maple mentioned questions, Speechless got thoughtful, he didn't really have any questions, he knew the answers for questions he would usually ask, and didn't really know what else could he ask. He followed Maple, and even though he knew where they were going, he let her to lead the way, because he felt it was polite, and because he was little worried what her parents really thought about him, a mute bat-pony living alone in the forest.

Maple had flown right outside the front door of the cottage near ponyville. She dusted herself off again just to be sure from that earlier little crash. She knew mom would panic if she saw her hurt at all. "Alright." She knocked on the door to the cottage.

Fluttershy inside heard the knocking but was a bit busy tending to a animal. "one second... i'll be right over there." She said quietly.

Maple heard her through the door "She's coming. You ready to meet Fluttershy?" She asked smiling.

Speechless nodded, he was smiling too. He was exited, but for politeness reasons kept it hidden to best of his ability, after all, he was here to meet his friend's family, not Spirit of chaos and one of the elements of harmony.

Edited by The Cerberus

Eventually Fluttershy opened the door, She had aged well not changing much. "H-Hello oh hey Maple." She said hugging her daughter. "Normally you tend to do things during the night... Is something wrong?"

Maple smiled "No nothings wrong just wanted to introduce you to my new friend, Speechless." She waved a hoof at him revealing his presence.

Fluttershy, went over silently. "H-Hello... My names Fluttershy. Though you probably already knew that." She smiled awkwardly, She hadn't met anyone new in a long time.

Speechless smiled as he greeted Fluttershy with slightly more polite gesture than his usual greeting, trusting that Maple either had mentioned, or would mention, soon that Speechless wasn't able to talk. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Fluttershy looked a bit concerned. "Umm... Are you ok?" She asked nervously.

Maple tapped Fluttershy getting her attention. "He's mute. As his name says." She said calmly so her mother wouldn't panic "Is it alright if we come inside?"

"Oh yes absolutely." She said remembering something "The night weather team is about to start a huge storm. You two can wait it out in here. Nice to meet you Mr. Speechless." She did a sort of curtsy to show respect to him Maple walked in first and fluttershy held the door for Speechless.

Speechless felt slightly awkward from Fluttershy's concern, but kept it hidden, thankful for Maple cutting in. He did a gesture as a reply to Fluttershy's nice to meet you, and followed Maple inside, thanking Fluttershy for holding the door, again with polite gesture.

Maple smiled as she walked in. "Speechless here was excited to meet you and Dad." She told fluttershy. "At least from what his body language was telling me."

"Well It's a pleasure to meet him!" Fluttershy said, She kicked a hoof a little intimidated by that. "Though I don't know why he'd want to meet me. I'm just a care taker of animals there's nothing much to it." She said blushing.

Speechless felt slightly embarrassed when Maple told about him being excited but smiled it away. Fluttershy's reaction slightly amused Speechless, it was what he expected from someone like her. He took out his notebook and with slightly embarrassed smile wrote "You and your friends were my heroes when I was a colt."

"Oh... Thank you. I really only did it to help. I was always scared going and fighting all those scary bad guys but I helped and it felt nice knowing I did save everypony." Fluttershy walked into her kitchen and grabbed somethings. "Being a element was the most exciting and most terrifying part of my life. I'm not sure if it's over yet as well."

Maple saw what her mom was doing and laughed "Tea?" She asked

Fluttershy nodded happily "I though he'd like some and if not at least you will, Maple."

The storm Fluttershy had mentioned early came into effect. The storm popped up out of no where and it was raining heavily. The occasional crash of lightning could be heard.

Speechless thought about replying with text, but because Fluttershy went into kitchen, he just replied with noise of understanding. For the tea, even thought he wasn't exactly asked anything, he still nodded to signal that he was aright with tea. 

The out of the nowhere storm startled Speechless a little, he wasn't scared of storms, but because he lived in the Everfree forest where pegasi didn't control the weather, and the weather changed naturally with possibility for foreseeing the coming weather, the sudden change got him off guard.

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple looked around the house for a bit while Fluttershy was making tea "Where's dad?" she asked after looking around for a while standing near the kitchen "I figured he'd be home now."

"He's with your brother in the Chaos realm." Fluttershy answered "He should be back soon."

Maple nodded "Alright thanks." Maple said then she walked over to where speechless was, near the living room, and sat down on the couch. "Feel free to take a seat." She told him. "Also If you don't want tea that's more for us then" She said smiling.