Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Equestria Distopia {OOC}

Pripyat Pony

OK, this was a vague idea I had for a fanfic which I never got round to writing. It's based round an idea of mine, where the Elements are warped so that when the mane six find them, the Elements warp their personalities. (Kinda like the one ring in Lord Of The Rings) It's set in an alternative world, and a task force is sent thru the mirror there to try and put things right. They would be OCs, as the Princesses think that the Mane Six might find battling their alter selves too difficult.

Here's what I have imagined for the world so far, as regards the Warped Six. Click the pictures to read their personality descriptions. As you can see, there is a lot of work to be done as far as the plot line goes, and for what the Warped Six do in the alter world.

The Warped Six - Glitter

Glitter - Alter Twilight. She has banished Celestia and Luna to the moon, and now is the ruling princess of Equestria. She makes her unicorn subjects raise the sun and moon, as she can't be bothered with it. Anypony who protests at how Glitter rules ends up in a special prison situated in the Canterlot Caves. She has no interest in anything but herself and her own needs, and whether ponies are good enough to be her friends. She hangs out with the rest of the Warped Six, and delegates to them certain parts of Equestria to run. Taxes are high and wages are low, and Equestria has invaded other kingdoms and enslaved the inhabitants.

The Warped Six - Cloud

Cloud - Alter Rainbow. Cloud's domain is the skies, and she has a palace in Cloudsville, the main pegasus town (Cloudsdale in regular Equestria). She oversees the pegasi's work to ensure that they don't slack off, and forces enslaved griffins to do back breaking labour. The town is full of factories and slum areas and no entertainment is permitted unless it is at the palace and meant to entertain Cloud.

The Warped Six - Party Pie

Party Pie - Alter Pinkie. {WIP}

The Warped Six - Gem

Gem - Alter Rarity. Gem runs the Canterlot Prison and the justice system. It amuses her whenever a pony is brought into court accused of a theft that Gem herself is guilty of. There is no jury or defence; Gem is the sole authority.

The Warped Six - Butterfly

Butterfly - Alter Fluttershy. {WIP}

The Warped Six - Applesauce

Applesauce - Alter Applejack. Where the Apple farm is in regular Equestria, is now a huge industrial area with factories all belching pollution into the air. The farmlands have been replaced with vast stretches of clinical orchards which are tended by slaves.

Other. There is a resistance group led by Trixie and Zecora within the Everfree Forest.

Task Force

Jay - Pripyat Pony

Queen Bleeding Platinum - Radience

Silvermoon - silvermoon15000

Resistance

Tempest - Drago Rider

Gale - Drago Rider

Clayton - Acnologia

Orion - Acnologia

(Note: The Warped Six, Trixie and Zecora will be played by me, plus I will have an OC in the task force:

So yeah, this is what I have so far. Any help with fleshing things out will be appreciated, as will any ideas within reason. If anypony wants to join the eventual RP which I hope that will result from this, post a link so I can see if your OC fits, and state whether they will be part of the task force or the resistance group.

• Brohoof 2

Hm. This seems interesting. Check my sig for one of my characters. I may be making some more soon. I'd like to join the resistance. 

Edited by Radience

@Radience Your characters seem a bit OP as regards the life/power draining thing... would you be willing to tone down a bit, as that kind of power would win out too easily, if you get what I'm saying?

@Drago Ryder Would that be for task force or resistance? I like them both, btw. The dragon is so cute!

Gonna hold out for more players, btw.

3 minutes ago, Pripyat Pony said:

@Radience Your characters seem a bit OP as regards the life/power draining thing... would you be willing to tone down a bit, as that kind of power would win out too easily, if you get what I'm saying?

@Drago Ryder Would that be for task force or resistance? I like them both, btw. The dragon is so cute!

Gonna hold out for more players, btw.

I can tone that down, yeah. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

That's inderstandable. As for Tempest and Gale, I was thinking resistance group. Speaking of which, where do the dragons stand in this universe?

They'd be hunted, so either enslaved, dead or hiding. The smaller ones or those who can hide best will be the ones who were able to escape, but I feel that most of the free dragons would be unwilling to join the resistance unless they held an attachment to a pony.

@Techno Universal

I didn't want any alicorn characters, sorry. Also, I don't see how Techno can have anything in common with the rest of the resistance, plus he'd be a bit OP for the RP which is gonna be a grimdark style, ie seems hopeless, at the beginning. If there's somepony with all that power, then the resistance would win too easily and the RP would get boring.

@Acnologia Clayton would fit, but why would Orion be there? Is he a friend of Clayton? Look at what I posted earlier about dragons and see if it fits. He'd also have to either be smallish, not much bigger than a pony, cuz otherwise a large dragon would give away their hiding place.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Pripyat Pony said:

@Techno Universal

I didn't want any alicorn characters, sorry. Also, I don't see how Techno can have anything in common with the rest of the resistance, plus he'd be a bit OP for the RP which is gonna be a grimdark style, ie seems hopeless, at the beginning. If there's somepony with all that power, then the resistance would win too easily and the RP would get boring.

@Acnologia Clayton would fit, but why would Orion be there? Is he a friend of Clayton? Look at what I posted earlier about dragons and see if it fits. He'd also have to either be smallish, not much bigger than a pony, cuz otherwise a large dragon would give away their hiding place.

But still there's one factor with Techno that could make him good for this RP and that's the fact that several things about him are modular and modifiable and one of those things is his power level. Like maybe he lost most of his power when he got attacked by a sneak attack of some sort when he came to investigate the alternate universe. :)

@Acnologia Cool, that works.

@Techno Universal I'm sorry, but no. Not only no alicorns but he doesn't suit the basic premis.

@silvermoon15000 You don't have to; there needs to be ponies in the task force as well as the resistance.

@Radience Have you decided which character to use and how to tone them down? Also, if using more than one, you need to have an OC in the task force as it's looking thin.

So yeah, anypony else who wants to join needs to be in the task force cuz the groups are a bit uneven. Probably need a minimum of three ponies for the task force; if that minimum is reached, then resistance OCs can be submitted again. Finally, all the resistance OCs are going to be friends, or at the very least, sworn allies. No leaving the main group; anypony who does will be captured or killed pdq.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Pripyat Pony said:

@Techno Universal I'm sorry, but no. Not only no alicorns but he doesn't suit the basic premis.

@silvermoon15000 You don't have to; there needs to be ponies in the task force as well as the resistance.

@Radience Have you decided which character to use and how to tone them down? Also, if using more than one, you need to have an OC in the task force as it's looking thin.

So yeah, anypony else who wants to join needs to be in the task force cuz the groups are a bit uneven. Probably need a minimum of three ponies for the task force; if that minimum is reached, then resistance OCs can be submitted again. Finally, all the resistance OCs are going to be friends, or at the very least, sworn allies. No leaving the main group; anypony who does will be captured or killed pdq.

I'm only using 1. I think I'll be using Bleeding Platinum for this one. I can make her have only 1 knife instead of 3. 

1 minute ago, Pripyat Pony said:

@Radience Task Force? Cuz it would make more sense, what with her being a Queen, that she'd be sent. My character Jay is a healer so I need some fighters on board.

Alright. I don't mind that. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Pripyat Pony said:

Ok so am I in?

4 hours ago, Pripyat Pony said:

Okay but still maybe you should add the character requirements to the first post of this thread as I didn't see it there and I had no idea of what the requirements were! :)

16 minutes ago, Radience said:

@Pripyat Pony

I am going on Vacation in 2 days. I will be going to Australia and will probably have no internet. Unfortunately I will probably be missing the first parts of this RP. 

That's ok; the mirror will be open for whenever you want your character to come to the distopia. Just make sure that you meet up with everypony else as soon as. ;)