Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spoiler Movie budget and complete score info released

Unlikeable Pony

So, looks like we got the budget and score info for the movie. (at least according to 4chan, but given the number of spoilers being released tonight for the movie I'm inclined to believe the info so far)
Some spoilers to be picked from this I'm betting if it turns out to be legit.

Budget: $65 million

Film run time: 1:44:48

Songs:
1. The Friendship Festival
2. Friendship Duet
3. Magician (by Sia)
4. Avenge the Day
5. Swim Higher
6. Time To Be Awesome
7. Ballad of a Princess
8. Off to See The World (by Lukas Graham)

Score:
1. The Two Sisters
2. Morning in Ponyville
3. Parade Runner
4. Invaders!
5. A-pony-lypse
6. Celestia's Prophecy
7. Leaving Equestria
8. The King's Oath
9. Storm Chaser
10. Oh Captain My Captain
11. Capperlet
12. Throwing Away The Shot
13. Steampunk Junction
14. Escaping Tempest
15. The Land Down Under
16. The Rebels
17. Flight of the Hippogriff
18. Pastime Piratise
19. Storm the Docks
20. A Twist of Fate
21. Puzzles
22. Let's Start Anew
23. Fight for Friendship
24. The Light Rises
25. Sonic Rainboom
26. Credits Medley

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 7

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

Can't wait to hear that score. I hope it has moving melodies with violins and such and not a pop soundtrack.

Yeah I agreed with you! Not that finger snapping piece of s**t!

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Exactly! ^_^ Who is actually the composer. Just william and david or someone else?

65 millions? They better hope they make double of that, or the movie would've been pointless from a business standpoint.

I am especially worried about the overseas numbers in non english speaking nations. I never liked the german dub and i wait till the blu-ray release, so i can watch it in english.

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

65 millions? They better hope they make double of that, or the movie would've been pointless from a business standpoint.

I am especially worried about the overseas numbers in non english speaking nations. I never liked the german dub and i wait till the blu-ray release, so i can watch it in english.

Yeah, the Dutch voices are not good either and they say really random things sometimes, because the lipsync. would not work. :dry:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Hierok said:

Can't wait to hear that score. I hope it has moving melodies with violins and such and not a pop soundtrack.

It's the same composer as the show, and the show's songs are almost never pop.

2 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

Huh?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ihhh said:

It's the same composer as the show, and the show's songs are almost never pop.

Well, pop is not the problem, but I miss the songs with orchestras. The magic inside came really close. :grin:

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

2 hours ago, Hierok said:

Yeah, the Dutch voices are not good either and they say really random things sometimes, because the lipsync. would not work. :dry:

I can see local bronies not watching due to the dub, but the same cannot be said about the kids and the parents taking them 

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I can see local bronies not watching due to the dub, but the same cannot be said about the kids and the parents taking them 

That's true, but if the brony's aren't coming less money will there be made. :orly:

Yeah, $65 Million is...quite a bit of money. If the movie underperforms they better hope those toys sales pick up the slack. Like I said it probably would've made bank if it was released at the height of the show's popularity. Let's hope the movie gets good critical reception/word of mouth because I do want this movie to be a success

On 8/6/2017 at 11:06 AM, MAIKUN said:

Yeah man, that finger snapping popular music is really shitty. Every artist that does that kind of music should be run off .... they will never be seen as true artists ... just look at these jokers that time forgot!

59faff78c54230515c86623e00ef2655--mirror

2D11403865-today-beatles-140123.jpg

rs-85-bruce-springsteen.jpg

michael-jackson.jpg

Pop artist suck and they never have good music. 

1tqoak.jpg

• Brohoof 6

On 8/5/2017 at 0:46 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

5. Swim Higher

Anyone want to take bets they put a clever "Shoo-be-do" in that one as a gag? 

I have to admit, the score tracks sound epic. I'm really looking forward to hearing what Daniel did with that orchestra, even more than I am with the songs. 

Celestia's Prophecy? That alone has me intrigued. 

On 8/5/2017 at 0:46 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

10. Oh Captain My Captain

So much yes!

1 hour ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Yeah, $65 Million is...quite a bit of money. If the movie underperforms they better hope those toys sales pick up the slack. Like I said it probably would've made bank if it was released at the height of the show's popularity. Let's hope the movie gets good critical reception/word of mouth because I do want this movie to be a success

>hasbro's logic

LETS JUST CHARGE OVER 100 DOLLARS FOR THE TOYS TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE!

1502117014654.jpg

$65,000,000 sounds like a reasonable budget but then it will be up to Hasbro as to whether they will make it back in ticket sales, toy sales, and other revenue. I can foresee a lot of critics panning the movie--meaning they are likely to give it negative reviews--with their biggest issue being that it was designed for product placement purposes, a usual tactic for a company like Hasbro. Me? I want this movie to succeed very much but certain factors will make it a challenge.

10 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

$65,000,000 sounds like a reasonable budget but then it will be up to Hasbro as to whether they will make it back in ticket sales, toy sales, and other revenue. I can foresee a lot of critics panning the movie--meaning they are likely to give it negative reviews--with their biggest issue being that it was designed for product placement purposes, a usual tactic for a company like Hasbro. Me? I want this movie to succeed very much but certain factors will make it a challenge.

What kind of factors? I can't of any except for that it is a little girl show for many people. :)

3 hours ago, Hierok said:

What kind of factors? I can't of any except for that it is a little girl show for many people. :)

Hasbro's poor track record with movies based on their IPs, competing against other movies that are releasing around that time, and movie critics giving it a hard time are some of the factors that come to mind for me.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Hasbro's poor track record with movies based on their IPs, competing against other movies that are releasing around that time, and movie critics giving it a hard time are some of the factors that come to mind for me.

Yeah, that is true, but do you think competing against other movies is a real problem? All those other movies are for other age- or fungroups.

7 hours ago, Hierok said:

Yeah, that is true, but do you think competing against other movies is a real problem? All those other movies are for other age- or fungroups.

I think that's an advantage they can use in their favor. Other that Lego NinjaGo, the Pony movie will be the only animated movie in theaters at the time, so children won't have much of a choice of going to theaters. Plus the NinjaGo will already be in the theaters for some time, so that'll make it less competitive to the ponies

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

I think that's an advantage they can use in their favor. Other that Lego NinjaGo, the Pony movie will be the only animated movie in theaters at the time, so children won't have much of a choice of going to theaters. Plus the NinjaGo will already be in the theaters for some time, so that'll make it less competitive to the ponies

When do you think you can see it on the internet? :)