Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Toys of oneshot characters

ManaMinori

Oddly enough, I haven't noticed anyone griping about the fact that we have no toys of Little Strongheart, Iron Will, Saffron, Dragon Lord Torch, Princess Ember, Starswirl the Bearded, Timberwolves, Zephyr Breeze, Gladmane, Ahuizohtl, Lightning Dust, Gabby the griffon, the Chimera, or Sunburst...

Yet toys exist for one-shot/episode characters like adult dragon Spike, pony Flash Sentry, Cheese Sandwich,  Hoity Toity, Photo Finish, Butonbelle/Suri Polomare, Mane-iac, Coloratura, Steven Magnet, and Manny Roar. 

Is there no one who would want toys of any of the characters from the first category, or what?

• Brohoof 1

I don't really know. I've never griped about toys not existing before. :rarity: Perhaps it's just that they aren't very popular characters. I'm a little shocked to hear that nobody has said anything about the likes of Princess Ember or Star Swirl the Bearded. I would like toys of them both, but I could see why no Star Swirl toys have been made, at the very least. The only appearances he's ever really had were in the comics which are in a different style to the show, so without a canon TV show appearance, it would be difficult to give his toy the proper appearance. He'd need a different toy mould, too. I always saw Ember as a popular character, though. It's sort of a shock that no toys of her have been made.

• Brohoof 1

im assuming we will see each character get a blind bag figure - there's been an increase on variations recently with them. 

I think they are also done on popularity. I still have no clue as to why there's merch of Hoity Toity. The fandom didnt like him THAT much. Auhizotal, Ember and Sunburst should be on the list for merch though. 

The creatures may just be future accessories in guardians of harmony packs. The Cockatrice came with the Shadowbolt after all. 

Let Hasbro get the movie out of their system first then we can see what will come next. 

On 8/4/2017 at 11:17 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

Oddly enough, I haven't noticed anyone griping about the fact that we have no toys of Little Strongheart, Iron Will, Saffron, Dragon Lord Torch, Princess Ember, Starswirl the Bearded, Timberwolves, Zephyr Breeze, Gladmane, Ahuizohtl, Lightning Dust, Gabby the griffon, the Chimera, or Sunburst...

Yet toys exist for one-shot/episode characters like adult dragon Spike, pony Flash Sentry, Cheese Sandwich,  Hoity Toity, Photo Finish, Butonbelle/Suri Polomare, Mane-iac, Coloratura, Steven Magnet, and Manny Roar. 

Is there no one who would want toys of any of the characters from the first category, or what?

Not only that, we don't have toys for even the one villain that deserves it the most: Lord Tirek.

I mean, where's his Guardians of Harmony toy?  Even a mere Comic-Con exclusive would be enough for me.