Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OmbreInks

Fools Gold is a casual earth pony, whose interests are primarily focused on fun and/or fossils. Her birth name was originally Iron Pyrite, but due to her unlucky and gullible nature her name was changed to Fools Gold. She was born in canterlot, then later on in her life moved to ponyville, since it is known to be a small, quiet little town where supposedly 'nothing' could go wrong.  She often makes visits to different caverns and cliffs, looking for fossils.

as mentioned before she is an earth pony. Light blue, with a brown and beige mane. She always brings along her trusty pouch, that contains torches, peanut butter crackers and a range of other goodies. Her cutie mark is a fossilised basilisk tooth. 

Since Gold was a young filly she has always gotten into trouble. Tripping over and screwing things up everywhere she goes. She's the clumsiest mare you'll ever meet, and her job as an archeologist doesn't make it much easier. 

This is pretty unfinished, so I'm free for criticism! Tell me what you think! 

Edited by OmbreInks
  • Brohoof 1

Sounds like a well-rounded character that can definitely be played well, a character that could definitely fit in the earlier seasons of MLP's slapstick comedy style. What specifically would you like critique or help with?

(edited)

Oh, I'm not sure about the colour scheme. And if the species goes along well, I could change her into a Pegasus? But then I'd be reminded of derpy hooves and the strength needed for her job would be lost.

Edited by OmbreInks

True, I've tried Pony Creator but not yet for this OC. And bulk biceps is a great example, but overall I want a simple physique, so going for a strong Pegasus who looks just like any other would feel a little weird. I'd have to make her a little more... 'buff'.

A unicorn would actually be nice, since the horn can play a role in the excavating, and I haven't seen a clumsy unicorn yet.

She could be a pegasi with very strong wings and she does her work with those. It seems the wings of ponies can be rather versatile, so she could be unique in that regard of mining and such.

The color scheme, I am no expert on colors and such, but I think she looks fine. The colors sorta match her profession by being a low tone in terms of brightness, and as such they are easy on the eyes.

Edit: Doi. Just realized that your avatar isn't the OC you are talking about. I don't think.

Thanks, yes,  but I might with the original idea of an earth pony. The clumsy, gullible and awkward parts of her personality would remind me of derpy hooves. It's true pegasi wings are strong, and it would make things easier (flying up high, etc) but... a clumsy pegasi has been made already, and I don't wanna copy her.

• Brohoof 1