Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How strong is My Little Pony

Nohate

So after the whole Shining Armor vs Starlight Glimmer thread I was wondering how strong MLP characters are so I just searched how strong they are on Google and well. I was kinda debating whether or not I should show this page to the forum but I just decided screw it so yeah here we are. I want to hear your opinions on what you think on how this site ranks My Little Pony in terms of power. And also how strong do you think they are.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony

Apparently I read some of their threads and they were debating about whether or not to rank MLP as this strong but after multiple guys showed lots of proof of feats on why MLP is this strong they decided to just rank these characters like this.

Edited by Nohate
  • Brohoof 2

I personally hate VSbattles wiki because it gets a lot of things wrong, they had the Moon King from Kubo and the Two Strings as building level (when he was confirmed to be far over planet level in the movie) they have Goku at just universal, they have Death at Universal, they have Toffee at Universal when he is not quite at that level. They have Sombra at Star level even though he is at least Large star level.

Celestia and Luna would be large star level I would think, Discord has created his own realities, that is a universal feat.

But, the MLP universe is insanely strong, more powerful than nearly every other show you can watch right now aside from many anime. It has People who should be easily Galaxy level like Tirek full power, Casual star level like the princesses and most villains.

(edited)

Well I just checked some of the profiles you just said but I think you may have mistakened about some of those characters. They rated Moon King as Solar System lvl not building lvl. Goku is definitely only universal that is correct. From what I've heard there are multiple levels of universal and Goku is only in the lower end of the universal ranking system. You can be trillions of times stronger than somebody that can destroy a universe and still be universal. Also which Death are you talking about I searched Death and they have multiple profiles. It says that they scaled Toffee to Tom who destroyed the universe in the past with his garbage and even than it's only maybe Universe lvl. Also I looked at their tiering system and it says that you need to be 2.33x stronger than baseline star lvl characters to be considered Large Star lvl and Sombra barely lost against the Royal Sisters in canon so I guess that's okay since they said they don't use comic feats anymore.

Wait when did Tirek have any Galaxy feats anyway? The best I've seen in the show and the comics for the Princesses were moving multiple stars and pulling the moon. Also I'm kinda iffy about Discord's universal feat since nobody else in the show has shown anything beyond moving a couple of stars.

Edited by Nohate

It seems like the list is based on power level as a whole, something that works great in universes like Dragon Ball or One Piece where the level of ki and haki pretty much defines who can harm whom.

In MLP FiM however, we're talking about magic and there's a huge difference between "power level", "magical abilities" and "spell knowledge". Therefore I don't think that defeating an opponent is enough proof to determine who is stronger.

For all we know, the rainbow powers may just have been "the magical power to balance magic" and using it against Tirek caused all the magic that he had stolen to return where it belonged, balancing the magic across Equestria. If that was the case, then we cannot be sure if the rainbow powered mane 6 had more magic than Tirek, we just know that their magic was able to defeat him.

I think that MLP FiM's power levels are not to be measured by confrontation alone.

13 hours ago, Nohate said:

Well I just checked some of the profiles you just said but I think you may have mistakened about some of those characters. They rated Moon King as Solar System lvl not building lvl. Goku is definitely only universal that is correct. From what I've heard there are multiple levels of universal and Goku is only in the lower end of the universal ranking system. You can be trillions of times stronger than somebody that can destroy a universe and still be universal. Also which Death are you talking about I searched Death and they have multiple profiles. It says that they scaled Toffee to Tom who destroyed the universe in the past with his garbage and even than it's only maybe Universe lvl. Also I looked at their tiering system and it says that you need to be 2.33x stronger than baseline star lvl characters to be considered Large Star lvl and Sombra barely lost against the Royal Sisters in canon so I guess that's okay since they said they don't use comic feats anymore.

Wait when did Tirek have any Galaxy feats anyway? The best I've seen in the show and the comics for the Princesses were moving multiple stars and pulling the moon. Also I'm kinda iffy about Discord's universal feat since nobody else in the show has shown anything beyond moving a couple of stars.

Moon King was building level until a thread was started to change it.

Goku in base god form was able to shake a macrocosm, he is far more powerful than that now, way above that level.

It was not Toms magic that destroyed the universe nor is it confirmed it actually did, it was just a one off joke.

Tirek in his full form was FAR FAR stronger than he was when he fought Twilight, which was the combined power of 4 alicorns (and then some) That alone should place him in Solar System-galaxy level

No one in the show is Discords level, aside from Twilights Kingdom all the show does is wank how much more powerful Discord is than everyone else. So it makes sense nobody in the show has feats that compare.

4 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Moon King was building level until a thread was started to change it.

Goku in base god form was able to shake a macrocosm, he is far more powerful than that now, way above that level.

It was not Toms magic that destroyed the universe nor is it confirmed it actually did, it was just a one off joke.

Tirek in his full form was FAR FAR stronger than he was when he fought Twilight, which was the combined power of 4 alicorns (and then some) That alone should place him in Solar System-galaxy level

No one in the show is Discords level, aside from Twilights Kingdom all the show does is wank how much more powerful Discord is than everyone else. So it makes sense nobody in the show has feats that compare.

I read one of their Dragon Ball threads and they said they are going to upgrade everybody to universe lvl after the tournament ends.

i have no idea about Star vs so don't ask me about it.

Also Tirek merely doubled his power after his fight against Twilight there is no way he is even close to Galaxy lvl yet. Considering he is only equal to 4 Alicorns after absorbing Discord and all of Equestria. 

Also the thing about Discord is Tirek at Full Power is stronger than him and even he can't do anything that impressive yet. Which was why I think Discord creating a universe was a outlier since he is weaker than 4 Alicorns who is weaker than Tirek at Full Power.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Nohate said:

I read one of their Dragon Ball threads and they said they are going to upgrade everybody to universe lvl after the tournament ends.

i have no idea about Star vs so don't ask me about it.

Also Tirek merely doubled his power after his fight against Twilight there is no way he is even close to Galaxy lvl yet. Considering he is only equal to 4 Alicorns after absorbing Discord and all of Equestria. 

Also the thing about Discord is Tirek at Full Power is stronger than him and even he can't do anything that impressive yet. Which was why I think Discord creating a universe was a outlier since he is weaker than 4 Alicorns who is weaker than Tirek at Full Power.

More like Tirek being more powerful than DIscord is an outlier, sometimes when powerscaling when everything points to something and one thing deviates, plot induced stupidity is a reason, They are dozens of normal explanations for Tirek defeating Discord, one being Discord didn't even try to fight, at all, regardless if he "let Tirek win, he didn't even care.

Tirek did not double his power, sure, using simple math he would, but Tireks power change is in the size difference, and he got multiple times larger when he absorbed Alicorn magic, that is why he cared so much about that magic rather than just Discords, because there was something more special about it.

Also, Discord has created his own dimension like twice in the comics which I guess we can ignore. Not to mention it is implied he created Chaosville, his home, and he created the Ogres and oubliettes universes, not to mention other obviously not universal feats but things that should easily put him over someone like Tirek, snapping his fingers and spawning a massive volcano, or snapping his fingers and turning everything in sight into chaos in To Where and Back Again.

Luna was also able to nearly move many stars at a single time, and she is stronger than she was then, so logically, Celestia probably could to, and Discord easily defeated them 1 thousand years ago. So Ignoring Discord>Tirek feats. Discord should still be far higher than he is and Tirek by extension should be as well.

It's not so much that I think Discord is universal, but I do think they downplay some of the characters a little if Celestia and Luna can  move many stars, then they should be above basic "star level"

Edited by Ryanmahaffe
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

More like Tirek being more powerful than DIscord is an outlier, sometimes when powerscaling when everything points to something and one thing deviates, plot induced stupidity is a reason, They are dozens of normal explanations for Tirek defeating Discord, one being Discord didn't even try to fight, at all, regardless if he "let Tirek win, he didn't even care.

Tirek did not double his power, sure, using simple math he would, but Tireks power change is in the size difference, and he got multiple times larger when he absorbed Alicorn magic, that is why he cared so much about that magic rather than just Discords, because there was something more special about it.

Also, Discord has created his own dimension like twice in the comics which I guess we can ignore. Not to mention it is implied he created Chaosville, his home, and he created the Ogres and oubliettes universes, not to mention other obviously not universal feats but things that should easily put him over someone like Tirek, snapping his fingers and spawning a massive volcano, or snapping his fingers and turning everything in sight into chaos in To Where and Back Again.

Luna was also able to nearly move many stars at a single time, and she is stronger than she was then, so logically, Celestia probably could to, and Discord easily defeated them 1 thousand years ago. So Ignoring Discord>Tirek feats. Discord should still be far higher than he is and Tirek by extension should be as well.

It's not so much that I think Discord is universal, but I do think they downplay some of the characters a little if Celestia and Luna can  move many stars, then they should be above basic "star level"

Good point. Also I think I read somewhere that the Princesses were downgraded to just star lvl because they stopped using the comics or something. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok not read any google article but my answer is based on the show itself.

The ponies are very strong. Applejack can kick the tree to cause the apples to fall down. When she lost her cutiemark she lost her strength.

What makes earth ponies strong is the magic they all have. When they do not have magic they are weaker. 

Same thing with Pegasus ponies. They can fly for very long times and walk on clouds. 

Unicorns are powerful with the magic and do not have the same type of strength as earth and Pegasus ponies.

Alacorns are a mix of 2 and are more powerful than the rest due to the magic they can wield.

Without magic they are weak and cannot fly or do much. This much we learned when Twilight had to defeat Tierak.

Strong as they need to be.

Which means when the writers want a situation to be tense they'll act like the ponies are incredibly weak (See the movie and how easily they're over run), and when they need them to be strong they'll be super stronk (things like maud pie, ect)

It’s still going strong, but just like any fandom that’s been running for a while now, it’s lost a little bit of its popularity…but that largely has to do with the fact that the mane 6 have already achieved their goals…

I will say this tho: the show has become A LOT more serious since the first two seasons…

Edited by SolarFlare13