Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Doodle (anthro)

Onylex

This was the best I could do at 3:00 in the morning....

I give many succ and lots badz at drawing and arting anyway so, it doesn't make a diff what time of day or night it is... lol

I get slam-dunked on like everyday.. :unamused:

=============================================================

thanks for taking the time to view this tho! 

GG no re L8r M8s

===================================

dashie_doodle_by_onylex-dbix89e.png

• Brohoof 12

Wow, that's pretty incredible! Realistic too. Loads more so than your usual "anthro" you'd bring up on Google Images which really comes across as more like a "themed human." Heck, better even then Equestria Girls, because really, I don't know who thought RD would be the sort to wear a skirt! 

"This was the best I could do at 3 in the morning..."

*proceeds to foam at the mouth & pass out in sheer jealousy*

• Brohoof 1

The best thing you can do at 3:00 in the morning is evidently better than anything I can do at any time of day. ^_^ I really like it. She looks cool. This might just be me being stupid, but her eyes seem to be a little off, like one is wider than the other, or like it isn't the same shape. Was that the intent?

On 8/6/2017 at 0:41 PM, EightBit said:

The best thing you can do at 3:00 in the morning is evidently better than anything I can do at any time of day. ^_^ I really like it. She looks cool. This might just be me being stupid, but her eyes seem to be a little off, like one is wider than the other, or like it isn't the same shape. Was that the intent?

It's due to a 3 quarter view. Like in the example below.

On 8/5/2017 at 4:09 PM, Widdershins said:

Wow, that's pretty incredible! Realistic too. Loads more so than your usual "anthro" you'd bring up on Google Images which really comes across as more like a "themed human." Heck, better even then Equestria Girls, because really, I don't know who thought RD would be the sort to wear a skirt! 

"This was the best I could do at 3 in the morning..."

*proceeds to foam at the mouth & pass out in sheer jealousy*

lol I'd say it's okay at best. 

'But I'm glad you like it ^^ thnx.

+==========+=========+=========+=========+

IMG_0990.JPG

Edited by ~Onylex

22 minutes ago, ~Onylex said:

It's due to a 3 quarter view. Like in the example below.

lol I'd say it's okay at best. 

'But I'm glad you like it ^^ thnx.

+==========+=========+=========+=========+

IMG_0990.JPG

That's not really what I'm talking about. As seen in the 3 quarter view image that you just sent, the eye should remain the same or a similar shape, yet partially obstructed. In the image of Rainbow Dash, her partially obscured eye is a completely different shape. It's noticeably rounder and wider compared to the unobscured eye which is more relaxed and softer. Even when partially obscured, the shapes should be similar. I can't draw well, but I've seen a lot of art in my time and I've never seen it drawn like that. That's what I was asking about.

4 hours ago, EightBit said:

That's not really what I'm talking about. As seen in the 3 quarter view image that you just sent, the eye should remain the same or a similar shape, yet partially obstructed. In the image of Rainbow Dash, her partially obscured eye is a completely different shape. It's noticeably rounder and wider compared to the unobscured eye which is more relaxed and softer. Even when partially obscured, the shapes should be similar. I can't draw well, but I've seen a lot of art in my time and I've never seen it drawn like that. That's what I was asking about.

I'm sorry, I'm still not quite sure as to what you mean.

Im very much a visual learner, and have a hard time creating an understanding in my head without visual queues... :blush:

For me, part of being an artist requires ways to constantly find/deepen my understanding so that I may grow and use that knowledge to my advantage.

So Im very open to learning and improving as much as I can. If have any sort of reference or can direct me to one, I'd be very grateful.

6 hours ago, ~Onylex said:

I'm sorry, I'm still not quite sure as to what you mean.

Im very much a visual learner, and have a hard time creating an understanding in my head without visual queues... :blush:

For me, part of being an artist requires ways to constantly find/deepen my understanding so that I may grow and use that knowledge to my advantage.

So Im very open to learning and improving as much as I can. If have any sort of reference or can direct me to one, I'd be very grateful.

I can only really direct you to the picture, itself, and the reference sheet that you sent to me last night. As you can see in the reference sheet, the eye remains the same shape, but the partially obscured eye in the image of Rainbow Dash is a different shape to the unobscured eye. You just have to look at both closely and then look at the reference sheet to see what I mean. Here are some examples in other art, though. As you can see, the basic shape of the eye remains the same, even when turned to the side compared to the eye on your Rainbow Dash which she seems to get wider and loose its basic shape.

twilight_sparkle_human_looks_by_celestia

Picture_49.png

58d8058f8ee92ebe9233edba4490c0b8--taur-m

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, EightBit said:

I can only really direct you to the picture, itself, and the reference sheet that you sent to me last night. As you can see in the reference sheet, the eye remains the same shape, but the partially obscured eye in the image of Rainbow Dash is a different shape to the unobscured eye. You just have to look at both closely and then look at the reference sheet to see what I mean. Here are some examples in other art, though. As you can see, the basic shape of the eye remains the same, even when turned to the side compared to the eye on your Rainbow Dash which she seems to get wider and loose its basic shape.

twilight_sparkle_human_looks_by_celestia

Picture_49.png

58d8058f8ee92ebe9233edba4490c0b8--taur-m

I'm sorry if this is bothersome to you in anyway... and... I don't want to be a bother if I'm currently being one.  :blush:    *nervous sweat and chuckle*

I'm just very passionate about art, and would like to evolve and grow as much as I can. I find that doing this type of stuff really helps me in long term.

Also, after having stared at it for a while I realized that the eye on her left (our right) is a bit wonky looking I did a bit of adjusting to it. I'm not sure if that's what the problem was.:sunny:

I made a small gif to show the rainbow dash change below. I also took a bit of time to draw out a sort of template-explanation-guide-thingamajigger. I don't know if this is what you meant or not but, it was worth giving it a shot for my own understanding if nobody else I guess... :adorkable:

Thanks for the reference by the way. When I think about it... it might have been kinda rude of me to ask for those.... :unsure: but I do very much appreciate you going out of your way to help me. :}

==================================================================

Dashie-Doodle-edit-gif.gif

study.png

1 hour ago, ~Onylex said:

I'm sorry if this is bothersome to you in anyway... and... I don't want to be a bother if I'm currently being one.  :blush:    *nervous sweat and chuckle*

I'm just very passionate about art, and would like to evolve and grow as much as I can. I find that doing this type of stuff really helps me in long term.

Also, after having stared at it for a while I realized that the eye on her left (our right) is a bit wonky looking I did a bit of adjusting to it. I'm not sure if that's what the problem was.:sunny:

I made a small gif to show the rainbow dash change below. I also took a bit of time to draw out a sort of template-explanation-guide-thingamajigger. I don't know if this is what you meant or not but, it was worth giving it a shot for my own understanding if nobody else I guess... :adorkable:

Thanks for the reference by the way. When I think about it... it might have been kinda rude of me to ask for those.... :unsure: but I do very much appreciate you going out of your way to help me. :}

==================================================================

Dashie-Doodle-edit-gif.gif

study.png

Yeah. That looks much better. Her eye doesn't look too wide anymore. It was the eye on her right (the one facing away from us) that was bothering me, but by thickening the lines, it looks better. It looks less wide and wild. Don't worry about asking for help, though. You'll never learn otherwise. I hope the images helped you somewhat. :)