Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

More Being Planned

PinkiePie97

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this since it doesn't directly relate to the 2017 movie, so feel free to move it if it's not.

Anyway, it seems Hasbro is planning on another MLP movie after this one. This article mentions that Boulder Media is developing a theatrical film (Films? They mentioned MLP next to Stretch Armstrong, so they probably meant one of each.) for MLP.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/transformers/hasbro-confirms-that-a-new-animated-transformers-movie-is-in-developmentbut-theres-a-catch-a153078

Keep in mind this isn't definitely happening yet, as a lot of projects don't get past the development stage. But it does seem like it's at least being considered.

probably the usual hollywood sequelitis - if MLP#1 is a success, they want to be able to start production early on a #2 before people forget, so are brainstorming scripts and working out what resources they would need to book for such a project. However, they are probably also doing the same for a half dozen other possible sequels, plus one or two first movies on other "properties", so its no real guide for if it will go forward or not.

I am more interested in the possibility of the animated Transformers movies.

However given that they are set in the live action film universe, I am worried about them not being very good.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

However given that they are set in the live action film universe, I am worried about them not being very good.

6 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

>Animated Transformers movie

>....set in the Bayverse continuity

It seems like Bay himself is out after the newest one bombed, so maybe you won't find it as bad.
http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/08/05/transformers-movies-writers-room-disbanded-ended/

Edited by PinkiePie97

I can see they trying a new MLP movie, but I'll assume it'll be direct to DVD for now unless this upcoming one proves to be successful

4 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

It won't be necessarily bad unless Bay produces it. You know what franchise had a shit movie, but had a successful animated series adaptation in the same universe? 

This guy

Hell, even the original creator of Godzilla loved that guy :dash:

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I can see they trying a new MLP movie, but I'll assume it'll be direct to DVD for now unless this upcoming one proves to be successful

It won't be necessarily bad unless Bay produces it. You know what franchise had a shit movie, but had a successful animated series adaptation in the same universe? 

This guy

Hide contents

Hell, even the original creator of Godzilla loved that guy :dash:

I've never seen Godzilla the animated series, but I have heard that it is actually pretty good, despite coming from a pretty terrible movie.

Hopefully if we do get any of those animated Transformers films, they are similar to what happened with that Godzilla series.

16 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this since it doesn't directly relate to the 2017 movie, so feel free to move it if it's not.

Anyway, it seems Hasbro is planning on another MLP movie after this one. This article mentions that Boulder Media is developing a theatrical film (Films? They mentioned MLP next to Stretch Armstrong, so they probably meant one of each.) for MLP.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/transformers/hasbro-confirms-that-a-new-animated-transformers-movie-is-in-developmentbut-theres-a-catch-a153078

Keep in mind this isn't definitely happening yet, as a lot of projects don't get past the development stage. But it does seem like it's at least being considered.

>We get a New movie

>buuuuuuuut....

>its actually a theatrical EQG movie

:P

9 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

That doesn't sounds so bad :dash: 

I like to give the EQG series the benefit of the doubt (Quite enjoyed the recent monday blues video for example), but I really don't think its up to the same level of FIM at the moment, or ready to actually carry a theatrical release by itself with the current fandbase.

5 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I like to give the EQG series the benefit of the doubt (Quite enjoyed the recent monday blues video for example), but I really don't think its up to the same level of FIM at the moment, or ready to actually carry a theatrical release by itself with the current fandbase.

May be true. While EG has its share of magic doing mischief, the human world is pretty limited to make an interesting theatrical-worthy plot compared to Equestria 

What if it actually meant 

>More My Little Pony movies

>Buuuuut

>Set in the Bayverse continuity?

Hasbro Cinematic Universe confirmed*shudders*

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

>We get a New movie

>buuuuuuuut....

>its actually a theatrical EQG movie

:P

I would laugh if that was the case.

The fandom's reactions would be priceless.

• Brohoof 1

This is not too surprising... usually talk is in the works on sequels before the parent film has dropped on the general public. It is like studios automatically assume every film will be a runaway hit and that every movie goer will be begging for a sequel. I am not against sequels to films I enjoy, but I don't necessarily want to see them every year or other year.

As for the Transformers franchise and film... What Hasbro needs to do is quite farming out the Transformers brand and go back to basics by listening to the fans. By not listening to them we end up with this debacle that is The Last Knight. They should have titled it The Last Film... ever, or better yet, really watched AOE, looked at the script for TLK and said "NO.... Just NO!". And I have my doubts Bay will leave anyway, he has been promising to go since the original film almost and yet he keeps coming back like an infection.

6 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

This is not too surprising... usually talk is in the works on sequels before the parent film has dropped on the general public. It is like studios automatically assume every film will be a runaway hit and that every movie goer will be begging for a sequel. I am not against sequels to films I enjoy, but I don't necessarily want to see them every year or other year.

As for the Transformers franchise and film... What Hasbro needs to do is quite farming out the Transformers brand and go back to basics by listening to the fans. By not listening to them we end up with this debacle that is The Last Knight. They should have titled it The Last Film... ever, or better yet, really watched AOE, looked at the script for TLK and said "NO.... Just NO!". And I have my doubts Bay will leave anyway, he has been promising to go since the original film almost and yet he keeps coming back like an infection.

On the plus side, I'm at least happy that they backpedaled on using the quintessons as the Transformers creators and had one of the thirteen show up (which technically still works as their "creators" since they made the well of sparks and all, while not being 100% true due to primus).

The quintessons as the transformers creators hasn't been canon for years now.

1 hour ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

On the plus side, I'm at least happy that they backpedaled on using the quintessons as the Transformers creators and had one of the thirteen show up (which technically still works as their "creators" since they made the well of sparks and all, while not being 100% true due to primus).

The quintessons as the transformers creators hasn't been canon for years now.

For me, the Quintessons are the creators of the original G1 Transformers, at least the cartoon version (or they at least claim they are). They never bothered me much since they did not have enough time to really flesh it all out... and I can accept different origins for different generations/universes. I would just be happy if they retconned Wheelie out.

Daniel to.

That's not so surprising. Talking about sequels before the first one it released it quite common these days (sadly).

Though it'll depend on how this one does first.   

Shoot, it's happened several times when a series--or even a cinematic universe--was in the planning stages, then they had to quit because things didn't go as well as expected.