Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Concept Art of a Scrapped Species

NomadSpellbrush

Project Planter Pony concept art

This was a concept for an idea for a pony species that I made in late 2015, but decided to scrap in the end. It was centered around these spores which would make their way into the bodies of ponies and infect them. After a period of time, the host starts to develop plant like traits in both behavior and appearance while losing consciousness as ther spores take control of the body and turning it into a zombie of sorts. As time goes on, the host both blind and deaf, and are reliant on smell and the the rose that grows on their heads which acts like a sensor of some sort. Eventually the host become immobile with the loss of limbs and becomes rooted into the ground. From there, a mutation occurs and the body then gains the ability to produce new spores, all while living off of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals of the host. Eventually the host,s body starts to decompose and the spores must find a new host, and the cycle repeats.

I took influence from the Flood from the Halo series, and Vault 22 from Fallout new vegas, when I first made this. The reason why i actually scrapped it was because my ponies in footed onesies line ended up being so popular and because of that, I wasn't feeling gun-ho about going into horror territory. So in the end, I scrapped it in favor of more light hearted material. The name planter pony was a placeholder name and its official name would have been Spore Pony. I found the sketch while I was cleaning my attic over the weekend and decided to show you guys something I did , but never fully implemented

Edited by NomadSpellbrush
Corrections
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight, anyway.

But on a non-horror factor, I really like the background of it and the story. Why was it scrapped?

Edit: Nevermind, it was because of lost interest

Edited by Midnight Controller

1 hour ago, Midnight Controller said:

Well, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight, anyway.

But on a non-horror factor, I really like the background of it and the story. Why was it scrapped?

Edit: Nevermind, it was because of lost interest

The reason why i actually scrapped it was because my ponies in footed onesies line ended up being so popular and because of that, I wasn't feeling gun-ho about going into horror territory. So in the end, I scrapped it in favor of more light hearted material.

10 hours ago, NomadSpellbrush said:

The reason why i actually scrapped it was because my ponies in footed onesies line ended up being so popular and because of that, I wasn't feeling gun-ho about going into horror territory. So in the end, I scrapped it in favor of more light hearted material.

Well, the horroridsh pony odes sounds pretty good. But horror kind of takes work, so I can understand why you want to go into lighter material.