Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Sunset's New Journal and Other Things

SassySylveon

Anyone else think that there was something significant about Sunset Shimmer's new journal having Starlight's colors on it. I feel like Twilight knew what was going to happen, and that Sunset and Starlight would share the journal.

imgae.jpeg

Edited by SassySylveon
  • Brohoof 2

This is from the cover of sunset's new journal, notice the purple arrows,the top one has stride sides, and the bottom one has tempered sides and we all know that twilight's cutie mark doesn't have tempered arrows and (I think) the red orb in the center represents sunset's necklace which will obviously fuse when going to the equine dimension and the rest is just her cutie mark, and another thing I wonder what twilight's new book would look like?

_vector__cutie_mark_sunset_journal_by_pa

(if anyone is seeing this before mirror magic, congratulations you  just got spoiled.)

Edited by Cahead2015
  • Brohoof 2

Considering that both Sunset and Starlight have similar backgrounds, it makes sense that Twilight would arrange for the two of them to meet. I think Twilight wanted Starlight to have a friend who had been through a similar experience and could show her a certain path that she--Twilight--couldn't show due to not having said experience.

• Brohoof 5

11 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Considering that both Sunset and Starlight have similar backgrounds, it makes sense that Twilight would arrange for the two of them to meet. I think Twilight wanted Starlight to have a friend who had been through a similar experience and could show her a certain path that she--Twilight--couldn't show due to not having said experience.

She probably didn't think that Starlight would be so curious about Sunset's new world though.  Or maybe she did.  We don't really know how much Sunset and Starlight know about each other, but it was obvious that Starlight was really, really curious about the human world.

I wonder if it's a high level spell or if there are more books like that in Equestria?  

22 minutes ago, Skytower said:

She probably didn't think that Starlight would be so curious about Sunset's new world though.  Or maybe she did.  We don't really know how much Sunset and Starlight know about each other, but it was obvious that Starlight was really, really curious about the human world.

I wonder if it's a high level spell or if there are more books like that in Equestria?  

well its got to be some sort of higher level spell because it allows communication between two separate objects no matter the distance or dimensional world. I don't think there are more though, if there were I mean what reason would you have to go and actually speak with another pony. I do wonder though is the connection between only two books or could you add more books and essentially have some sort of group chat?

Kinda a different question but also about Starlight, did anypony notice that Starlight's magical aura was a different color in this episode than it was in the first movie?

40 minutes ago, SassySylveon said:

well its got to be some sort of higher level spell because it allows communication between two separate objects no matter the distance or dimensional world. I don't think there are more though, if there were I mean what reason would you have to go and actually speak with another pony. I do wonder though is the connection between only two books or could you add more books and essentially have some sort of group chat?

Kinda a different question but also about Starlight, did anypony notice that Starlight's magical aura was a different color in this episode than it was in the first movie?

Didn't notice that but I did notice she came through the portal wearing a watch.  

20 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

I think Sunset's new Journal represents Herself, Twilight, and Starlight.

What I thinking of is, what will she do with her now filled up Journal?

Not throw it away, but keep it. There are many memories in it, so you can read it another time. :grin:

On 8/8/2017 at 2:48 PM, SassySylveon said:

Heres what I'm talking about if you haven't noticed

Sunset change.png

4 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

Or retcon power.

But that doesn't make sense, a pony being able to change their magical aura. It's like a cutie mark you can't go and change it at will. and if she was trying to be stealthy and could change the color, why would she not go with something of a lower color like black or something.

1 hour ago, SassySylveon said:

But that doesn't make sense, a pony being able to change their magical aura. It's like a cutie mark you can't go and change it at will. and if she was trying to be stealthy and could change the color, why would she not go with something of a lower color like black or something.

That why i called Retcon, its a trope, in case you misunderstood what i said. ;)

They may bring some silly explainations to fix continuity issues by 'retcon' them. Maybe something like Sunset become an element in human world can somehow... change her magic aura, she is the red color of the rainbow in Rainbow Rock, right:lie:?! Yeah yeah, that's bull crap. I believe the writers can find :scots:better explanations than me...

44 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

That why i called Retcon, its a trope, in case you misunderstood what i said. ;)

They may bring some silly explainations to fix continuity issues by 'retcon' them. Maybe something like Sunset become an element in human world can somehow... change her magic aura, she is the red color of the rainbow in Rainbow Rock, right:lie:?! Yeah yeah, that's bull crap. I believe the writers can find :scots:better explanations than me...

oh ok yea i didnt understand what a retcon was XD

• The title was changed to Sunset's New Journal and Other Things
On 8/8/2017 at 2:48 PM, SassySylveon said:

It's because of her necklace.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:36 AM, Skytower said:

Could that be because she was trying to be stealthy the first time?

It's the necklace that she's wearing which is infused when in the equine dimension

On 8/7/2017 at 7:25 PM, Skytower said:

I think she had to realize that even a magical book runs out of pages and probably consulted Celestia on the spell to create one.

If only the original book had the ability to erase all the ink 

On 8/12/2017 at 2:18 AM, Cahead2015 said:

It's because of her necklace.

It's the necklace that she's wearing which is infused when in the equine dimension

If only the original book had the ability to erase all the ink 

but then shed lose all the conversations she had. The moments she treasured and the lessons she learned.

I wonder about how the books themselves were enchanted.  Were the individual pages infused with magical energy and then bound, or does the main magic in the book lie in the cover emblem?  Nut's and bolts stuff like this always makes me curious. 

30 minutes ago, Skytower said:

I wonder about how the books themselves were enchanted.  Were the individual pages infused with magical energy and then bound, or does the main magic in the book lie in the cover emblem?  Nut's and bolts stuff like this always makes me curious. 

I think the pages where conected, because if you folt the page in one book, I don't think the other book has the same problem.