Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the most disturbing mlp fanfic you have ever read?

Ivysaur795

Still Cupcakes. It's just Cotton Candy Pony slowly and painfully killing her Sonic Pony friend. All because she's making Cupcakes out of her friend's organs.

Never knew the MLP Fandom can be this unnecessarily gross and dark with their fanfiction. :lol:

Cheerilee's Garden

I can't even stand the death scenes in this one, this and its sequel Scarlet Harvest are two of the most bloody fictions, I have read. That says a lot considering I have seen all the SAW movies and Final Destination. I don't recommend it if you are overall sensitive.

• Brohoof 3

If you dont count story-wise, i will pick Scarlet Harvest, Cupcakes is nothing compare to that. Some scenes of Scarlet Harvest made my jump off the chair and scream at the screen in infrustration (the trial scene pissed me off so fucking hard, in the good way).

• Brohoof 2

I'll have to find the title when I get home from work, but it was this grimdark thing set in the not-so-distant future where Twilight had become a power-hungry mage, and to grow more powerful she had to murder her friends and their children. It was a constantly awful visual, but I'd like to know where the author got the idea for it. Once I'm home I'll update with the story's name.

I came into this thread thinking I'd see Cupcakes everywhere, too!

Cheerlies Garden was easily the most horrific fanfic i have ever read. Make no mistake it was incredibly well written but the sheer depravity of the story was sickening. It is horribly dark and seriously not for the faint of heart. I can usually weather through a lot of terrible things on the internet but that fic did a number on me while i was reading it. I literally had burst into tears of sickness and horror multiple times reading it. I pushed through just because i wanted some closure, to perhaps see some sort of light in the story but there was no light to be had. Just unrelenting torture and violence and an ending that just left you feeling dead inside. 

If you really adore MLP and hate even the slightest idea of the ponies enduring any sort of suffering do not read it what so ever. It will put you into a depression. :( 

7 hours ago, SpiBaz said:

Cheerilee's Garden

I can't even stand the death scenes in this one, this and its sequel Scarlet Harvest are two of the most bloody fictions, I have read. That says a lot considering I have seen all the SAW movies and Final Destination. I don't recommend it if you are overall sensitive.

Couldn't agree more with your choice. Cheerilee's Garden was easily the most horrifying story i have ever read. Not even the most depraved movies could top it imo. 

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, DayShadow said:

Couldn't agree more with your choice. Cheerilee's Garden was easily the most horrifying story i have ever read. Not even the most depraved movies could top it imo. 

Not really, i dont think Cheerilee's can beat any depraved movies that i seen back in 2014 (i watched a lot of exploitation films), BUT every horror movie i saw now and then is just tame in comparision to Cheerilee's, maybe because humans in movies are suck so we exciting to them die horribly, but ponies are nice and lovely and we KNOW these characters, we feel horrible when they die. I screamed in joy when Twilight blew the shit out of Cheerilee and screamed in agony when she went to jail, WTF WRITER:okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

I haven't read Cheerilee's Garden nor Scarlet Harvest and I doubt I will after hearing about it 

I might have said Cupcakes back when I first read it, but now I see it as more as ridiculous than disturbing.

I'd say The Monster We Made & it's sequel Memoirs in Ink and Blood made quite a large impact on me. The story's quite sad and it's a bit disturbing

Truth Be Told

Anyone remember the original design of the Mane 6? Like how Pinkie Pie was originally gonna be a white Pegasus, or how Fluttershy was supposed to be an earth pony?

This fic takes those designs and makes a dark turn with them, by introducing some kind of malevolent virus/goo that silently infects Ponyvile.

I don't want to spoil too much, but I will say that the process of Pinkie's transformation is definitely the most disturbing part of the story.

It's absolutely a good read, if you're not offended by gore and dismemberment, of course. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Cupcakes is the most disturbing Fanfic i have ever read and also the most disgusting one. Even though i watched Animations based on Cupcakes before, so just reading the Fanfic wasnt actual that bad, considering i didnt had to look at anything.

Cheerilee's Garden and Scarlet Harvest were terrifying - for some reason even more so than Cupcakes was. I read Scarlet Harvest just last night and ended up having a dream about saving the ponies from getting violated afterwards. The fic even had a warning right at the beginning but I didn't listen! And now I hope I'd have listened and stopped reading before it was too late. :blink: