Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What picks you up when you are down?

Crosswind

A multitude of things can help: Chatting with my boyfriend (No way can I stay feeling down while talking with him :3), having a nice conversation with a friend about interests and joys, having a good snack while watching a video I like, playing a relaxing game, looking forward to something, going on a walk can sometimes help as well, listening to music can help, taking a nap can sometimes do wonders for my mood, those are all really good examples.

• Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, The_Gobo said:

You people, as odd as that sounds.
lol

I feel honoured. :)

Reading this kind of things here a thing that makes me happy too.

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 2

What picks me up when I'm down? This, right here, makes me feel so happy:

IMG_2183.JPG.5fa7a4f8ed7791fad61458b264f8e96c.JPG

lol but also chatting with friends, both in real life and online, picks up my spirits a lot ^^ Oh and music, listening to music helps too.

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

The fact that I will eventually get to see my family and spend time with them. Then I just think about hanging with my brothers and doing shenanigans, in general just having a good time back at home...

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I have several.

Playing video games help me feel relaxed or perk me up.  Believe it or not, the higher the stakes in a certain game, the better I feel, most particularly after I beat them.  I remember fighting Dark Bowser in Bowser's Inside Story when I was younger.  Nowadays, such fights I will do to relax include:
The Pokemon League in Pokemon Moon, the Dark Sun (the boss of the 8th District in New Lumos) in Miitopia--I'm not insane enough to do the Tower of Dread casually, and I plan to add the final boss fight of Paper Jam to my list when I get there.

I also randomly lurk on YouTube.  A good YouTube Poop or meme will be enough to bring my mood up.  For YouTube Poops, I recommend the Chowder YTP collab and a two-part Frozen YTP called "Cold", and for a quick short meme I suggest the first Collective Poetry and most Protegent videos.

Or just binge on the Seth MacFarlane shows such as the early seasons of Family Guy.  Later seasons are very hit or miss for me.

I tend to have a nap if I'm feeling really down. It's like time travel. Just less worrying about waking up in a futuristic post-apocalyptic wasteland and more hoping I don't wake up in the same terrible mood as before. It usually works and I feel a lot better just for letting my mind rest and being somewhere warm and comfortable. Eating plenty of chocolate and watching something lighthearted, like cartoons or stand up, really helps my mood too.

• Brohoof 1

When I feel down I usually watch something funny on tv and youtube to try to lift up my spirits or talk to my friends about whatever is upsetting me. It helps to talk to them about it and it's good to watch something funny and have a good laugh every once in a while.

I have a great control over my mood (low to high moods, as in feelings ranging from sadness and despair to joy and happiness).

Usually, it takes me a mental effort equivalent to flipping a switch.

But when I'm in a really abysmal mood, I keep myself busy working or enjoying a hobby. The less I dwell on cold sadness, the easier I'll be able to stoke a fire in me.

• 1 year later...

Solitude. All of my problems stem from being forced to be around people, usually because of work where I have no choice in the matter. The moment I'm off the clock with my headphones on I'll be okay though.