Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Emoji Movie (2017)

ZethaPonderer

Emoji Movie (2017)  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Did you watch it and did you like it?

• Yes
    • No

Cause I pick No. Cause I don't care about Emojis. Since when did Emojis that depict caricatures of Humanity's facial expressions became watchable let alone on the Big Screen? Have we become this desperate and bored out of our minds? The world may never know, but I still have hope.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 3

I haven't seen it and have no interest in doing so. It's one of the weirdest ideas for a movie ever. It's a baffling thought that some executives actually considered a movie based on emoji a good idea. What's next, a movie about the like button on Facebook? :derp:

• Brohoof 3

I haven't seen it and I don't plan on seeing it.

Even if I were to see it ironically, to know how bad it really is, I would wait to see it on Netflix, because I refuse to support it and give it money by seeing it in theaters.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

According to reviews, the film is a total disaster, no shock there. From what I have read, the film is not only completely asinine with its humor and overall tone, but I guess the film even fails at its core goal; Trying to connect with a specific audience. It fails to make a proper connection with the audience of younger people using phones and emojis all the time. The movie takes place within a smartphone, so, they at LEAST had an opportunity to connect with those people, but they even failed on that level. This could go down as the worst film of the year.

• Brohoof 1

I have not and I plan on not wanting to gouge my eyes out because they saw that atrocity in person. I can already tell it's that awful just from the trailers, and apparently after watching the movie, every reviewer I've seen has come to that conclusion.

If you need an example of why humanity needs to be erased from existence, go and watch this film.

I watched it as a dare, and fucking hell, now I am struggling to find a reason to go on. From the extremely forced political correctness to the terrible lessons given by the main characters and the story, it all deserves to be called fucking awful. Here's what I took from the film;

"Instead of talking to someone in person, or even responding with words, send them an emoji via a text message. It's easier."

"Men steal everything women invent."

"You can pretend to be different, but eventually you'll fall back on your stereotype when things become difficult."

"There's a correct sort of different and a wrong sort of different. The wrong sort get deleted."

This film legitimately made me want nuclear war. Don't go and see it.

Edited by ForthEorl

On 10.08.2017 at 1:30 AM, cmarston1 said:

Even if I were to see it ironically, to know how bad it really is, I would wait to see it on Netflix, because I refuse to support it and give it money by seeing it in theaters.

I consider going even further and watching it on one of those pirate streaming sites. :scots:

Wrect-It-Ralph is one of my favourite Disney movies of all time and this cheap ripoff just pisses me off :/

• 3 years later...

Saw it once it was terrible. Everyone wants to hate the Disney Live Action remakes, but they are gold compared to this Animation abomination!

Also: first time in a while I've seen a unanimous poll

Screenshot_20210418-223848.thumb.png.f6b1ae401232ded05929d5973b169ff8.png

The people who even directed and released The Emoji Movie should be fired. Even Michael Bay makes better movies than this, which is saying something. If any, they shouldn't have released The Emoji Movie when they knew it was going to be disastrous yet did so anyway. If any, this movie should be completely erased from its existence.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I haven't watched it and have no interest to do so. The idea behind is not appealing to me and the trailer I saw also didn't help. There several other things I like to watch or rewatch or other stuff I like to do instead of watching a movie about emojis.

• Brohoof 1