Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible 5th Movie

Lonely Fanboy48

Now I do know that Hasbro is making a YouTube series of Equestria Girls and I do think that idea can work. But we should never forget the ending of LOE. Hasbro is probably doing these ideas so they can built up for the final Movie of Equestria Girls. Now I don't know if the 5th movie will be the last of Equestria Girls but for all I know MLP is probably going to end by the end of this decade or soon. Also what I'm going to be talking about next is Starlight Glimmer. To me they should at least put more development in her character in the movie. In Mirror Magic one of the problems with that special is that the pasting is rushed because they can't fit everything they have into 22 minutes (And trust me I'm going to revisit that special soon). The YouTube idea would only work if she only hangs out with her Human counterpart friends, but that's it. But if you do it in a movie you can put in a lot of development in the characters. I have predicted ideas on the 5th movie that can make Starlight's development work along with other things.

Going to be honest, I figure they're in "Standby mode" right now until they can gauge the reception of the theatrical movie, so I wouldn't expect much. I figure the Youtube shorts will be done "Safely", which is to say simple slice of life style 5 minute things like the summertime shorts and music videos, rather than actually building anything.

Basically there as a stop gap measure to phone things inKeep some content flowing to avoid things being forgotten about for the next 6 months or so; if the theatrical movie is a major success, they'll start actually doing more world building and spinning some more stories revolving around magic in their world and the point of their abilities, and if the movie flops they'll re-evaluate how they want to do MLP in general. (as for "but the movie's not EQG!", yes, but FIM and EQG are pretty closely linked as siamese twins-- Enthusiasm for one tends to lead to enthusiasm for the other in toy sales)

I actually just assumed that the EQG Youtube series would deal with the magic leaking from the portal.

I mean Mirror Magic kinda already did so with Juniper and the mirror, and I had a feeling that the specials were a test run for the series, so it makes sense in my opinion for it to continue with that.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I actually just assumed that the EQG Youtube series would deal with the magic leaking from the portal.

I mean Mirror Magic kinda already did so with Juniper and the mirror, and I had a feeling that the specials were a test run for the series, so it makes sense in my opinion for it to continue with that.

I feel like a series is a far better medium for tackling the leaks than a movie would be, since it would allow the individual instances to be more fleshed out.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/12/2017 at 2:37 PM, Toon4Thought said:

I feel like a series is a far better medium for tackling the leaks than a movie would be, since it would allow the individual instances to be more fleshed out.

this is true, but the episodes will need to be far longer than the current shorts length if so.