Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have bad attitude towards vegans as people?

SunshineFlow

I don't hate them. But its this pretentious self denial stuff of being omnivore that annoys me about them a little bit. Now i don't know if eating b12 tablets, getting shots or taking b12 pills is just as healthy as eating healthy meat. But i just can't help imagining vegans as this one time in the movie with Nicholas Cage where he asks for pills and he goes nuts or something

• Brohoof 2

I think its more having to do with the idea that people don't see the logic behind killing animals for food since a lot of people at this day and age have developed a psychological bias to project Human like emotion towards Animals.

To quote an old fart, "Blame the media with Dem Cartoons and Pokemans since they love to play around people's expectations to the point of insanity."

• Brohoof 2

No, quite a few members of my family are vegan and I actually really like a lot of vegan meals, and it has been around since the dark ages, India is probably the most vegan friendly place on Earth currently. And from what I've noticed, Vegans are treated pretty well in society, if someone doesn't like eating meat most people will happily make something without it. And as the population of the world grows to staggering new heights, meat is going to become much more scarce so vegans are doing us a favour be reducing the consumption and demand for it saving more of the wild life and reducing the increase of artificially created meat.

Edited by Lunar Echo
  • Brohoof 6

Nah, why should I care about the choices of others when they don't affect me? Now, if a vegan were to constantly try telling me to be a vegan, there'd be an issue. But that applies to everything. No means no then fudge off.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Lunar Echo said:

No, quite a few members of my family are vegan and I actually really like a lot of vegan meals, and it has been around since the dark ages, India is probably the most vegan friendly place on Earth currently. And from what I've noticed, Vegans are treated pretty well in society, if someone doesn't like eating meat most people will happily make something without it. And as the population of the world grows to staggering new heights, meat is going to become much more scarce so vegans are doing us a favour be reducing the consumption and demand for it saving more of the wild life and reducing the increase of artificially created meat.

Good philosophy. But what about lack of muscles? Won't removal of meat have bi effects, i don't think eating green will add effects to the mass of it. If its important in your life i mean.

Also i don't buy much into eastern religions that much, they are interesting but i don't find them terrifying enough to sort of put people in line. That's one thing they lack in a sense of discipline and thats why i think they lost the religious cultural life. While yes God of Abraham is not really wishing for that to be intent as in panick, but the whole moral compass is to fear god so that people can act accordingly to that system. Although doubt or scepticism is normal. But when it all comes down to it. Like i try not to think too much about it but thats essentially a winning factor of having a successful religion in my view and a moral compass. But the best thing is just do your best and thats life to me atleast, just be good and friendly to people you meet.

And while i am not trying to be disrespectful to hinduism, as a child and i still do, i find the religion weird. I am not saying its bad, just weird. The images, the whole system just seem bizarre to me. All i can say about it is its one of the oldest religions and for that historically its interesting.

Edited by SunshineFlow
  • Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, SunshineFlow said:

Good philosophy. But what about lack of muscles? Won't removal of meat have bi effects, i don't think eating green will add effects to the mass of it. If its important in your life i mean.

Also i don't buy much into eastern religions that much, they are interesting but i don't find them terrifying enough to sort of put people in line. That's one thing they lack in a sense of discipline and thats why i think they lost the religious cultural life. While yes God of Abraham is not really wishing for that to be intent as in panick, but the whole moral compass is to fear god so that people can act accordingly to that system. Although doubt or scepticism is normal. But when it all comes down to it. Like i try not to think too much about it but thats essentially a winning factor of having a successful religion in my view and a moral compass. But the best thing is just do your best and thats life to me atleast, just be good and friendly to people you meet.

And while i am not trying to be disrespectful to hinduism, as a child and i still do, i find the religion weird. I am not saying its bad, just weird. The images, the whole system just seem bizarre to me. All i can say about it is its one of the oldest religions and for that historically its interesting.

Like you said, you weren't brought up in that environment so naturally is looks a bit bonkers to you, but people from there will also look towards you and your people as a little bonkers too. It makes more sense if you live there and are well and truly invested in their culture and way of life (having parents there or a love interest or a friend) but they're still people looking for security, success, happiness all the same, they just have a different way/means of achieving it. And it won't solve world hunger if everyone started being vegan but it's certainly another factor and a growing one, it's much easier to produce plant based foods than meat based, meat takes time and requires a lot of quality control to ensure what you're putting into your body is as good as it gets to ensure you live a long and healthy life.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Lunar Echo said:

Like you said, you weren't brought up in that environment so naturally is looks a bit bonkers to you, but people from there will also look towards you and your people as a little bonkers too. It makes more sense if you live there and are well and truly invested in their culture and way of life (having parents there or a love interest or a friend) but they're still people looking for security, success, happiness all the same, they just have a different way/means of achieving it. And it won't solve world hunger if everyone started being vegan but it's certainly another factor and a growing one, it's much easier to produce plant based foods than meat based, meat takes time and requires a lot of quality control to ensure what you're putting into your body is as good as it gets to ensure you live a long and healthy life.

Like it sounds like a good philosophy. But lets say "WWE John Cena", like do you think John Cena would look like John Cena if he only ate greens and had b12 medical help in terms of modern medicine. I am just curious if that is actually possible.

• Brohoof 1

My sister was once a vegan... that didn't last. I'm from Texas so, barbeque. Barbeques are amazing. Chicken, ribs, brisket, I could go on and on. But that doesn't mean that other food groups aren't also a main staple in everyday diets. I personally love all types of vegetables and a ton of fruits. It's really just whatever's tastes good and how quick until it's in mah mouth.

• Brohoof 4

Just now, SunshineFlow said:

Like it sounds like a good philosophy. But lets say "WWE John Cena", like do you think John Cena would look like John Cena if he only ate greens and had b12 medical help in terms of modern medicine. I am just curious if that is actually possible.

That depends on what you want out of life, do you just want to be healthy and fed or are you training to become Mr Olympia? Body Builders constantly eat, constantly think, food food food, what's to eat next, their whole life becomes food and working out, it's an condition called bigorexia. And a lot of these guys you see, aren't natural and don't get that big from just working out and eating lots of meat, they take steroids, here is a good example of how much we've changed due to the increase in popularity with steroids:

Average Muscled Vietnam Era Soldier:

a5d3cc0cee679e2990a9e784f859f245--vietnam-war-photos-military-photos.jpg

Average Modern Day Muscled Soldier:

1442231682-527.jpg

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Lunar Echo said:

That depends on what you want out of life, do you just want to be healthy and fed or are you training to become Mr Olympia? Body Builders constantly eat, constantly think, food food food, what's to eat next, their whole life becomes food and working out, it's an condition called bigorexia. And a lot of these guys you see, aren't natural and don't get that big from just working out and eating lots of meat, they take steroids, here is a good example of how much we've changed due to the increase in popularity with steroids:

Average Muscled Vietnam Era Soldier:

a5d3cc0cee679e2990a9e784f859f245--vietnam-war-photos-military-photos.jpg

Average Modern Day Muscled Soldier:

1442231682-527.jpg

I don't think all bodybuilders or athletes do steroids though. I didn't realise muscles = cheating. Like isn't that like saying skinny people are all heroin addicts.

Edited by SunshineFlow
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, SunshineFlow said:

I don't think all body builders or athletes do steroids though. I didn't realise muscles = cheating. Like isn't that like saying skinny people are all heroin addicts.

Not all but most, and the guy in the first picture was muscled, he just wasn't taking steroids to be what today considers "buff".

• Brohoof 1

Only if they have bad attitude towards my meat-eating.

If they say they don't eat meat and leave it to that, I'm fine, but if they start ranting me about how meat is murder, how they feel sick when someone eats meat and how I should not eat meat, I'm not.

Like CatShutUp.jpg  and let me enjoy my damn food. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 3

I have nothing against someone else's choices. Just don't push your choices on me. I do like debates, but, let's do that when I'm not eating vegan or non-vegan food. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I googled more. B12 again is only in meat or bacteria

https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/nutrition-and-health/nutrients/vitamin-b12/what-every-vegan-should-know-about-vitamin-b12
(
Very low B12 intakes can cause anemia and nervous system damage. The only reliable vegan sources of B12 are foods fortified with B12 (including some plant milks, some soy products and some breakfast cereals) and B12 supplements. Vitamin B12, whether in supplements, fortified foods, or animal products, comes from micro-organisms. Most vegans consume enough B12 to avoid anemia and nervous system damage, but many do not get enough to minimize potential risk of heart disease or pregnancy complications. )

Why would anyone actually go through this is my question.

Its almost like it should sort of be illegal because i feel its some sort of promoting self denial and self hate mental illness. The best way to live is to eat healthy food, meat, fruits.. whatever. Like i am not trying to sound rude but its really how i feel with people like this.

Edited by SunshineFlow

I don't mind vegans at all. I was an unassuming vegetarian for two years and could have fit the mold without realizing it. I assume there are some that have had less-than-desirable experiences with the more overbearing folks who try to make you feel bad for not sharing their views on food and animal welfare, but it's ingrained into human history and biology. Humans are naturally omnivorous- our diets are whatever we want it to be.

Killing animals for food is not 'evil'. Take 'you're evil if you're not vegan' out of the vegan culture and I don't think anyone would care. The extremists always ruin it for everyone.

• Brohoof 6

I don't. I respect it, in fact. I would probably stop eating meat if I had the choice, but there is so little I can eat to begin with, it would probably be the end of me if I cut out meat.

• Brohoof 2