Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have bad attitude towards vegans as people?

SunshineFlow

I don't give a rat's ass about someone's diet. The reasons behind a diet also don't enter the equation. 

In general, it doesn't matter to me if a diet is animal based or not. I don't judge people for that sort of thing. If you try to proselytize, I'll politely shoot you down. If you continue, that's when you get judged. If you end a friendship over the fact I love a succulent steak, I probably didn't want to know you to begin with. 

• Brohoof 3

I don't care about people's gastronomic preferences as long as they aren't cannibalistic. But I don't like preachy people, including preachy vegans.

• Brohoof 3

Let me just add something relatively important I think - and that is there is a difference between a life that peruses wellness, and one that strives to gain attention and/or condemn others for self-validation. All too often people jump on tends like this for all the wrong reasons, and they end up corrupting a good idea for everyone. 

My wife is a master herbalist, and I'm a novice herbalist, and we both know a great deal about the pursuit of wellness. Given proper knowledge of food and nutrition, one can live a complete life and have little worry about things such as muscle mass, vitamin intake and sickness resistance, without consuming meat. However, meat is not poison, and although it contains a lot of things we really don't need, it also has a lot that we do need. So it's about accessibility - if meats and fish are readily available, and practical to store (freeze, for example) then it makes sense to consume it.

By and large, the very best thing one can do is eat a high variety of fresh organic vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds, and drink [1/2 your body weight in pounds]  ounces of water everyday to stay hydrated (the most important aspect of wellness). It's more about making sure you regularly consume 'good' food, than it is about completely avoiding 'bad' food.

Depends of what kind of vegan you face.

One of my friends is a vegan and i like to tease him for being one. And he is totaly cool with it, he didn't say anything if you eat meat or other animal products. As long they don't annoy me with their lifestyle, i wouldn't really care much about it.

• Brohoof 1

Individuals can ruin anything for someone. I'm on the interesting scope of having been vegetarian/pescatarian/omnivorous at various times in my life, in addition to having an interest in hunting and fishing. I have a friend who is a vegan body builder who is ripped, no roids or injections or anything, and I have friends who shoot and kill cute little bunnies over the weekend. Everyone who prescribes to a belief or activity does so on a SCALE... the extreme and the outspoken are bound to bother others.

The majority of the veggies I meet (I almost typed veggies I meat, lol) eat the way they do 100% because they don't like what factory farms do. Period. There is no cry of "meat is murder" etc. Then you run into the other type. We all know the other type, lol.

On the same hand, I know hunters that respect the animals they kill, and I know hunters that will strap the bloody carcass of whatever they've killed to the hood of their vehicle because they WANT to offend people. I'm not friends with the latter, and most hunters treat them as the scourge of the earth as well because hunting already has enough enemies without stoking the flames. There's always that fool who cries "I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm right, me me me!!!"

In short, you have people in every belief that hate other people in that same sect for their behavior. I've seen it in religion, gaming, sports, etc. There are always those that take it "too far." :confused:

Edited by Meeps
  • Brohoof 3

12 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

Vegan Gains on Youtube

lul

Biggest fraud on YouTube.

Just now, Royce said:

lul

Biggest fraud on YouTube.

"Hey look how friendly and awesome veganism is!"

>Sends death threats to people who eat meat

>Acts like trash in livestreams with anyone who bothers to livestream with him. Roaming Millennial anyone?

>Calls for the death of meat-eaters and anyone who disagrees with him

>Uses the death of a family member to promote veganism. Body weren't even cold before he started calling his family member meat-eating trash

>Gives vegans who don't give a shit a bad rep

>Wonders why people don't like him let alone vegans much, if at all

Gee, I wonder why, Mr. Smartypants.

• Brohoof 1

Why on earth would I judge someone based on what foods they choose to eat?? That's absurd! And piling everyone of one sort or another into one blanket category and judging them all as one rather than as individuals is ridiculous. There are omnivores, vegetarians and vegans who have good things and bad things to show for themselves, none of which have anything to do with their diet.  

I don't. I hate everyone equally.

If you're a vegan and you go out of your way to guilt trip me for eating meat, I will go out of my way to stare you in the eyes while I have a big juicy steak. If you're a vegan but you don't judge, then I have no reason to judge you or pick on you for it.

• Brohoof 2

I have nothing against the concept of veganism, I highly disagree with it and think human life is more valuable than animal life and that we evolved to be omnivorous, but who am I to tell people how to live their lives? The only time I have a problem with vegans or anyone I disagree with is when they get in my face and start telling me I'm wrong and that I need to change my way of life and that if I don't I deserve to die. Those kind of vegans I have a problem with.

I respect others so long as what they are doing does not harm or shame other people. Why does someone's dietary choices effect weather or not you like them? Now THAT doesn't make sense to me.

• Brohoof 1

Veganism isn't just about diet, it's more than that.  Instead of just not eating meat, eggs and dairy, you also choose to not buy things that were tested on animals or are an animal by-product in any way.  Cruelty-free products and all that.

I think we should all become vegans because of CO2 released by animals and their suffering. However, this diet is challenging because it's easy to get malnourished. If we can grow meat in labs then the problems are solved and we can enjoy eating meat.

On 8/10/2017 at 3:38 AM, Lunar Echo said:

Average Modern Day Muscled Soldier:

1442231682-527.jpg

I was in the military and this is FAR from average. Most guys that get that big are either in the sandbox with nothing to do for long long periods of time and even then that is not the average. The guy in your first picture is more average of a modern fit soldier. 

As far as vegans I have no issue with them or the life they choose. Just don't try to push it on me via some moral argument. And I ask that you know the risks and plan accordingly as I dont like to see anyone getting sick because they eat poorly be it via meat or vegan diets. As for myself, I eat mostly vegetarian not out of any moral reason but because I am trying to lose weight and lower blood pressure and this diet is what works for me. I still eat meat from time to time but I cut down on it especially red meat a lot. 

I also hunt when I have the time and money for permits. I do that because I think that all life is sacred and to take it for consumption is something that should be done with as much respect and humane treatment as possible. So I do not totally depend on others to lift that burden of taking life for me. Not that I judge others that dont hunt it's just my way of seeing things. 

Edited by Jedishy
Distracted and missed a word
  • Brohoof 3

I don't really hate them, they can be good people nonetheless, though I disagree with their opinions.

On 10-8-2017 at 0:51 PM, The Cerberus said:

Only if they have bad attitude towards my meat-eating.

If they say they don't eat meat and leave it to that, I'm fine, but if they start ranting me about how meat is murder, how they feel sick when someone eats meat and how I should not eat meat, I'm not.

Like CatShutUp.jpg  and let me enjoy my damn food. 

Very annoying indeed. :okiedokieloki: I had someone in my class who was vegan and she sat near me. She always brought it up, because I had sometimes chicken as lunch.

• Brohoof 2

One thing to keep in mind even with the annoying vegans is that often their heart is in the right place even if their reactions are misguided. While trust me as a veteran the overly emotional or "sjw snowflakes" annoy the crap out of me I have come to understand that people are rarely evil for evil's sake. Nor do they think they are the bad guy in their own story. Every villain is the hero of their path and every hero the villain to them  

So trying to deal with them with kindness and civility that they fail to initially show could go a long way to reforming their reactions. And if not it at least gives you a perspective that might allow you to ignore their foolishness. 

• Brohoof 2

I see it that if someone doesn't eat meat cause they don't like the taste and just doesn't enjoy it in general that's fine. But whenever it's to make some sort of statement about animal cruelty and saving the little poor animals I just... I just can't. Do people realize that animals die not only to become food? Like... most of everyday objects are made from dead animals? Most kinds of glue used for example in book binding are made out of bones so yeah... Not eating sausages doesn't make a difference and make someone "cruelty free" when everything else was made with the use of animal body parts. And I get it... a lot of vegan people simply don't know that and they have good intentions and all and on most days I just don't care, judging people by their diet isn't my priority. But when I happen upon a vegan that tries to convince me that they know better what's good for me and for my health (usually some pseudoscience bs) I just can't stand it :scots:

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind vegans as long as they stay away from my plate. I don't tell them what they ought to eat, and they shouldn't tell me what I ought to eat.

I like meat and other animal products, and I don't care about whether they're healthy or not. I also strongly dislike manipulation, lies and misinformation that some people spread to make other people follow their dietary habits. If i could, I'd cook the entire goddamn animal kingdom and eat it too, I'm well past tricks like "eww eggs are chicken periods".

Basically, as long as you're cool with me eating meat, I can respect your diet, even if it's for reasons like conscience, or dislike for the taste or whatever.

• Brohoof 3