Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have bad attitude towards vegans as people?

SunshineFlow

7 hours ago, Nara said:

I see it that if someone doesn't eat meat cause they don't like the taste and just doesn't enjoy it in general that's fine. But whenever it's to make some sort of statement about animal cruelty and saving the little poor animals I just... I just can't. Do people realize that animals die not only to become food? Like... most of everyday objects are made from dead animals? Most kinds of glue used for example in book binding are made out of bones so yeah... Not eating sausages doesn't make a difference and make someone "cruelty free" when everything else was made with the use of animal body parts. 

Look I'm no vegan nor am I against the use of animal products in any way. But trying to not take part as best you can in what is arguably a fairly cruel system of treatment for some if not many animals is fairly admirably. Are you going to be able to check out of it 100% Nope. But that does not change that many animal products we use are at the expense of needless suffering due to a desire to cut costs. 

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Jedishy said:

Look I'm no vegan nor am I against the use of animal products in any way. But trying to not take part as best you can in what is arguably a fairly cruel system of treatment for some if not many animals is fairly admirably. Are you going to be able to check out of it 100% Nope. But that does not change that many animal products we use are at the expense of needless suffering due to a desire to cut costs. 

Hey I'm all for using artificial materials whenever possible like skin, fur, ivory etc and generally avoiding killing wild animals that may be threatened thanks to this and killing livestock animals as humanely as possible. My problem is with certain kinds of vegan people (and I've come across a few of those) that treat their diet as an ultimate solution to a much bigger and more complicated problem and guilt trip others by saying how they're wrong and disgusting and how THEY'RE COVERED WITH INNOCENT BLOOD AAA. You know, the 'crazy' kind of vegan :P

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

But... what's wrong about vegans? I actually had plenty of chances to try vegan cuisine (having vegan friend, who also is a cook has its benefits) and it is delicious and if not the fact I also enjoy for example chicken I'd have no problem with becoming vegan myself. 

People are putting some weird stereotypes on vegans. No, they don't eat only grass, they have many alternatives for dairy products like milk or eggs which work out really well to the point it is hard to tell the difference, they don't go around talk about how superior they are (with exceptions, but then there are also people eating meat who somehow feel superior because of it).

And honestly, I'd recommend everyone to try their cuisine. That includes deserts, general dishes etc. It allows to get a better picture on what they actually eat. And will help realize that being vegan =/= having no access to amazing, delicious meals. 

• Brohoof 1

Vegan food is shit in my opinion. I am dying in my university which sells nothing but vegan products. 

But vegans themselves? Don't care nor do I mind them. I see them like any other person who eats food. Everybody likes something better than something else, everybody have tastes. They eat what they want and I eat what I want. 

Obnoxious vegans who like to call meat eaters murderers? Don't care for their opinion. Just keep on eating in peace. 

Food is food (unless you are Hannibal, in that case, stay the hell over there! D: )

• Brohoof 3

Nope, I respect them. Everyone has the freedom of living (and eating xD) how they want. I personally wouldn't ever become a vegan, I need my meat! :lol: But I still find them cool, well hey my mom is vegan! 

• Brohoof 1

At my university the vegans like to run amok to the point where we can't have burgers and chicken strips from our fastfood thingamajigy on Mondays. Even at our market the vegan products take up too much space and hardly anyone buys them. They are a small but needy group who need to chill. That being said one of my favorite YouTubers, The Needle Drop, is a vegan but even he's not fond of zealous veganism.

• Brohoof 1

I generally don't care if people want to be vegan as long as they don't get all self-righteous & up in my face about it.   Unfortunately I've had my share of run-ins with those kind of PETA-philes over the years, which has resulted in some people getting blocked on FB.

The way I see it, if you're going to go off about "meat is murder", then I'm going to accuse you of gross herbicide, since plants are living organisms as well.... To say otherwise is Kingdomist, and since a distressing number of the self-righteous vegans I've had the displeasure to meet don't seem to have any qualms about killing insects, spiders, worms, etc, then they're Phylumists (i.e. only care about "murdering" vertebrates), which strikes me as extremely prejudiced & hypocritical. ;)

• Brohoof 1

i have been seriously considering becoming vegan, or at least very greatly reducing my consumption of meats and dairy. 

i have been reading and it seems a lot of our health problems in the usa come from our meat and dairy "and sugar and salt" and i look around me at work and I see all these people who are eating a lot of McDonald's and pizza and processed meats and they are literally dying from obesity , diabetes and heart disease and I just have to think there is a better way.

even my instructor in school had diabetes and he went almost entirely plant based and reversed it and he doesn't have diabetes anymore.

i think the word "vegan" having such a negative reputation is killing millions of people who have this negative impression of vegan and it turns them away from it.

On 8/10/2017 at 5:30 AM, SunshineFlow said:

Like it sounds like a good philosophy. But lets say "WWE John Cena", like do you think John Cena would look like John Cena if he only ate greens and had b12 medical help in terms of modern medicine. I am just curious if that is actually possible.

gorillas pretty much only eat fruits and vegetables and the odd bug now and then and look at them. rhinos are full vegetarian and they are pure muscle

Do whatever you want. I've heard a lot of benefits of a vegan diet, but some people just cannot do it.

For example, me. I have epilepsy and epileptics have to have a certain amount of fat, which is sort of hard to do on a vegan diet.

I have nothing against vegans. They're not hurting anyone, so whatever their reasons it doesn't affect me one bit. What I DO have a problem with it are elitists who think it makes them better than everyone else and who constantly spout PETA-level nonsense about people who do eat meat in an effort to try and "convert" them to veganism. One of my siblings is like this, unfortunately, and it's gotten to the point that I can count on one hand the number of relatives he hasn't ostracized.   

• Brohoof 5

12 hours ago, PoisonClaw said:

I have nothing against vegans. They're not hurting anyone, so whatever their reasons it doesn't affect me one bit. What I DO have a problem with it are elitists who think it makes them better than everyone else and who constantly spout PETA-level nonsense about people who do eat meat in an effort to try and "convert" them to veganism. One of my siblings is like this, unfortunately, and it's gotten to the point that I can count on one hand the number of relatives he hasn't ostracized.   

I have a cousin who is like that. Went full bananas when I posted pics of a real tasty hamburger and other shit over Facebook. Was fun to trigger her, actually.

She reacts? I post more. A lot more. Just to piss her off. Because hitting that unfollow button is too hard, apparently. People HAVE to go around finding shit to get triggered by. It's hilarious.

I refuse to judge someone based on their diet. Unless they are a cannibal. Then I'm gonna run for my life. :P

But if you're gonna disrespect me because I do eat meat, dairy, and eggs and call me a murderer who condones unspeakable suffering, then f off. Just let me do my thing and I will let you do yours.

By the way, I do like some of the values that organizations like PETA stand for. Animal testing sickens me and I strongly recommend adopting/rescuing pets. But I respectfully disagree with veganism on the grounds that it's simply nature's way for many types of organisms to consume other organisms for the purpose of sustenance. And a plant is in no way less "living" than, say, the turkey I had for dinner this evening was before it was slaughtered.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/22/2017 at 10:44 AM, Yakamaru said:

I have a cousin who is like that. Went full bananas when I posted pics of a real tasty hamburger and other shit over Facebook. Was fun to trigger her, actually.

She reacts? I post more. A lot more. Just to piss her off. Because hitting that unfollow button is too hard, apparently. People HAVE to go around finding shit to get triggered by. It's hilarious.

One of my relatives did much of the same thing to my vegan brother I mentioned, the problem being that he has little to no sense of humor, so he lost it and posted a several page rant about it. Then there was the day he yelled at my mother for "forcing him to eat meat his whole life", which he compared to child abuse and followed up with saying that she should have "shown him a video when he was five showing animals being slaughtered so he would have never eaten meat."

I am not making this up, those are exact quotes.   

On 2017-09-22 at 4:06 AM, PoisonClaw said:

Exactly ! "if they´re not hurting anyone"... And they do. They are like terrorists destroying all form of communication. I don´t eat meat, but I don´t push this message to other. It´s my personal choice. I like and love horses and all other living creatures and can´t stand the felling of looking them deep in their eyes knowing I have parts from them in my body.

I care for animals daily so that´s why I think like this. But I respect all other people not thinking like me, why should I not ? There is no right or wrong, it´s up to you.

• Brohoof 4