Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have bad attitude towards vegans as people?

SunshineFlow

On 9/21/2017 at 9:06 PM, PoisonClaw said:

I have nothing against vegans. They're not hurting anyone, so whatever their reasons it doesn't affect me one bit. What I DO have a problem with it are elitists who think it makes them better than everyone else and who constantly spout PETA-level nonsense about people who do eat meat in an effort to try and "convert" them to veganism. One of my siblings is like this, unfortunately, and it's gotten to the point that I can count on one hand the number of relatives he hasn't ostracized.   

To quote Raven

97a70ffbbc19e6e0ce9c2b0e3d9b8084.gif          

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bad attitude towards anyone who tries to get me to change. If I think its necessary I will make the change myself. Now do I hate them in general? No, so long as they leave me be I'll leave them be.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

To each, their own and I respect their willpower and life choices long as they respect mine in truth.  Now have I had a bad run-in with vegans,  a few times yes.  

2 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

It really depends on who your ancestors are. If they were vegans, it must be easier for their kids to not eat meat.

It depends on you, not anyone else. Humans have the benefit of being omnivores, and having the ability to make choices. Being vegan or not is not determined by whether or not your great grandfather was or wasn't. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I haven't run into many vegans. Mostly because I'm in the Army, and we drink the blood of our foes.

In all seriousness though, most vegans (and vegetarians; I'm gonna use 'vegan' to refer to both here since I've met so few of either) are really nice. We had a vegan in our platoon in basic training, and she wasn't all preachy about it anyway. The only difference it made was to the MRE pecking order. Vegans are top dog, because there aren't many vegan MRE's, so they have dibs. Afterwards, it's fair game. I'm okay with that arrangement (mostly because the vegan MRE's are mediocre anyway).

If any vegans are reading this, please don't ruin my opinion of you by being a jerk. :v

• Brohoof 1

Haven't encounter any annoying ones but if some choose to be smart with me, I'll simply say this.  Do you know that any food place you go to or being near it, you're inhaling meat's particles from all the meat cooking? Yes, meat airborne.  So technically, you're still digesting meat.

I don't have any problems with Vegans, they can have any diet they want, live and let live.

However, and no offence to any actual Vegans out there, but every single Vegan I have ever met has been the biggest cliche imaginable. One of them even thought that meat-eaters should be prosecuted, he really looked the part too, rocking a ginger man bun and puka shell necklace. :laugh:

• Brohoof 2