Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have bad attitude towards vegans as people?

SunshineFlow

To be fair my own attitude towards vegans is more due to their attitude towards myself. In fact if they wouldn't they'd learn we agree more then we disagree, for example I believe our diet should have more vegetation to it. Variety is important when it comes to nutrition, I believe that we can come to an arrangement by simply keeping our minds open to the possibilities at hand. We can not and we shall not stop eating meat for obvious reasons, doesn't mean we can't eat more vegan type of dishes. In fact I would encourage it, meat has high calories it would be ideal to have meat every week but vegetables and fruits the rest of it. We don't need to eat as much as we do.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

I don’t have a problem with vegans and I think humanity should eat less meat in general. I won’t stop eating meat completely but I only eat it a couple times a week. 

Don’t think I could give up honey or cheese so easily though.

As with any lifestyle preference, no one should force their views on others, but I think most people understand that.

Maybe. It is more of an annoyance to see people fight a cause they might not fully understand.

I also think animals are being mistreated, but I don't spend my life fighting for them, just because they look so sad (have you seen their cute eyes, it's like they are crying, etc).

Compare that to someone like me who has pets, and understand what their behavior and expressions mean.

I am basing all of these off the fact that a vegan complained to me about my pets once, saying "but he looks so sad", to try to get him out of the cage. He would have made the rest of my pets very sad too running free hurting them, but it is all about the cages, and those sad eyes 👀

And this is a debate topic, isn't it? I got fooled to reply

https://9gag.com/gag/aBmbwoO

Haha I watched this its so bad but its funny

Maybe the girl is being controlling and the way she just throws the food on the floor like woah food waste. But the guy did abuse that girls trust.

Obviously this doesn't represent vegans in general xP

Edited by flurry

I don't have anything against vegetarians, but vegans seem weird to me. Don't eat anything related to animals? While some animals themselves feed their babies with their milk? I don't see the point

These days people who rag on vegans are a hell of a lot more annoying than vegans ever were.

That seems to be a law, if something gets moderately popular with a lot of vocal fans it'll end up with a lot of detractors who inevitably become more annoying than the thing they're criticizing. It's happened with Fortnite, JoJo's, Tik Tok, and plenty of other things. Veganism wasn't the first and it certainly won't be the last.

I do not value the life of animals outside the context of people's interests. So there I would be in disagreement with the Vegans. They can do whatever they want, but I doubt I would be convinced of any arguments that would claim that that better treatment towards animals outside the context of people's interests is morally good.

Personally I don't care about the vegans themselves, as people are free to do whatever they want as long as they keep their nonsense to themselves. It does become an issue if they try and push people into their tiny little niche group.

A lot of vegans I have encountered have an attitude and behavioural problem, if anything.

• Brohoof 3

I dislike vegans who align themselves with peta. none of them have any idea of what they're talking about, they've never owned a barnyard animal in their lives yet act like they're saviors for saying domestic animals should be released into the wild? domestic animals that aren't equipped to live in the wild or be feral? also saying garbage like "backyard chickens are unethical cause they're forced to lay year round and get their babies taken from them/sheep need their wool/bees will die without 100% of their honey/calves aren't allowed to drink milk from their mothers" which is all just untrue. they also get really aggressive as if that's gonna make anyone listen to their misinformation

of course, regular vegans themselves are alright. just don't bother me about it lol. i eat kosher, but I love poultry meat, but i don't eat my own chickens and they're very spoiled, leave me alone:mlp_nom:

also, I hate when they argue that it's closer to our "natural diet". it's not, and if we really wanted to be natural we'd be eating bugs, so

Edited by bubbleteapony

• 9 months later...
On 2020-10-27 at 1:15 PM, Yakamaru said:

Personally I don't care about the vegans themselves, as people are free to do whatever they want as long as they keep their nonsense to themselves. It does become an issue if they try and push people into their tiny little niche group.

A lot of vegans I have encountered have an attitude and behavioural problem, if anything.

^

this

• Brohoof 2

Yes as the only ones I've had any in person interaction with are also the ones who want to end animal agriculture. 

So they sue local cattle organizations frequently for BS reasons...like letting cattle roam on 10,000 acres of grass in the summer is cruel(but so is feeding grain in pens), but the neighboring Buffalo ranch is fine. 

I judge people by their actions and behavior not by what they eat lol. I’ve met some pretty cool vegans and some pretty crazy ones. Same with vegetarians and meat eaters

On 2021-08-26 at 5:37 AM, Rainbow Cloud said:

I don't have a problem with them as long as they don't try to impose their beliefs on others.

Same here. I don't care what anyone else eats or don't eat, so long as they remember that if you want other people to respect your beliefs, you have to respect theirs.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.  One of my best friends is vegan, so, yeah.  I respect the belief as long as they don't try to force it on others.

As far as my thoughts about the subject generally, I think it's really complicated.  I think being vegetarian or vegan is an admirable moral choice if one can manage it, but it's also not something I would necessarily recommend as we are evolved to be omnivorous.  We aren't designed to survive on a plant-based diet alone.  It can be done, and done healthily, but not by everyone.  Some people go anemic if they try.  I'm convinced that I would be one of them.  It's not a lifestyle that's right for everyone.

One thing is inarguable at this point, though, and that's that the current factory farming system is a horror show.  It's untenable for many reasons.  It's unnecessarily cruel, but even worse still, the whole system seems to be perfectly engineered to create new xeno viruses as quickly as possible.  It's a practice that has to change, and ideally end, as soon as possible.  But the answer can't be for everyone on Earth to become vegan overnight.  Not everyone can do that and be healthy.  It seems to me that the solution is to put everything we have into developing the synthesized or "clean" meat option and bring that to scale and make it practical as quickly as possible.  That technology can't get here soon enough.