Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Tall Are You?

Lucky Bolt

Feeling kinda bored right now, so I thought I'd make a new topic. I'm curious how tall a lot of you are. As for me, I'm about 5'5" :P 

What about y'all? 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

161 cm or (5.3 feet depending on what you use)Wow.... Why are you all so tall. Sop being so tall. But the last time I checked was over a year ago so Im not sure( Im 16 by the way). Im a smol bean and Proud (\(^-^)/)

Edited by Alpakachii
  • Brohoof 3

For a 14 year old teen I'm 5' 9",I'm taller than my little brother and my mom.But my Dad is taller than me,and I'm almost as tall as my big sister.

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion
  • Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Starzen said:

6'3" ... And wishing I was shorter most days.

Sounds about right. 6'4", buying clothes/shoes etc is always difficult/expensive, and in older houses, have to be aware that door lintels may be less than my height...

2 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

185cm. 6 foot 1 for those using a moronic measuring system.

So you despise the Imperial System then? I'm indifferent since I don't see what the actual problem is. Perhaps I lived in USA for so long I got used to both the Metric System which I grew up with and the Imperial System because it seems like a simplified version of it to me.

Anyway, I'm 5 Feet 6 inches or 170.7 cm

9 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

So you despise the Imperial System then? I'm indifferent since I don't see what the actual problem is. Perhaps I lived in USA for so long I got used to both the Metric System which I grew up with and the Imperial System because it seems like a simplified version of it to me.

I don't despise it. I find it pointless and moronic. Too many useless ways to measure the same shit.

For instance, for measuring weight/mass in Imperial:
Grain. Drachm. Ounce. Pound. Stone. Quarter. Hundredweight. Ton. Slug.

For measuring weight/mass in Metric:
Kilos.

For measuring length/distance in Imperial:
Thou. Inch. Foot. Yard. Chain. Furlong. Mile. League. Fathom. Cable. Nautical mile. Link. rod.

For measuring length/distance in Metric:
Meters.

For measuring liquids in Imperial:

Fluid ounce. Gill. Point. Quart. Gallon.

For measuring liquids in Metric:
Litres.

See how much more simple Metric is? In measurements, simple is best. :P

• Brohoof 3

Fair enough on your end. I understand how confusing it can be to switch between metric and imperial. Especially when it comes to units. Although the Imperial System does seem simplified to me at first, it gets convoluted with its measurements and units down the line e.g. Foot-Pounds... I have no word for this.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, ZethaPonderer said:

Fair enough on your end. I understand how confusing it can be to switch between metric and imperial. Especially when it comes to units. Although the Imperial System does seem simplified to me at first, it gets convoluted with its measurements and units down the line e.g. Foot-Pounds... I have no word for this.

Bwahahahaha!

Getting confused yet, bro? xD

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

Bwahahahaha!

Getting confused yet, bro? xD

Yeah I'm not gonna lie. It gets convoluted when you start meshing the Imperial and Metric units together to create a nearly incomprehensible way of measuring things. Still I kinda admire the persistence of USA relying on it despite being weird. Who knows? Maybe time will tell when it will be all straightened out. :P 

• Brohoof 2