Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alpakachii's art dump

Alpakachii

Hey Everypony! I decided to put all of my drawings in one place just so they are all together. Im really excited to share more of my drawings here. And Im always happy if I can get some Ideas and Feedback.

First one of my favourite villians King Sombra. I really enjoyed drawing him altough the pose is a bit of. but overall I really like how this turned out.

598c703882a5e_kingsombrafinished.thumb.jpeg.2231b6e5f397231e506288158040ad25.jpeg

next is one is Fluttershy. I wanted to draw soemthing really simple and quick ( I also forgot the coloured line art) but overall I like how it turned out598c736312c7d_fluttershyfanart.thumb.jpeg.1fe8574f64b7fc65051fb65ca9714b09.jpeg

Next is a drawing I spend a ton of time on and Im really proud of it. Rarity is one of my favourites and drawing her was really fun. Altough I had some trouble doing the mane and tail I think it looks good ^-^. also the background was WAY to hard and it took way longer than I expected. But I think its one of my favourites now. ( also what I thought was a wall is a curtain but I hope it doesnt bother anyone)

so this is all I have for now and do keep in mind Im new to digital art so there will be a tons of flaws here and there but I hope you like them as much as I do. Bye for now 

Alpakachii~

Art of the Dress.jpeg

Edited by Alpakachii
  • Brohoof 13

Your style is very visually striking! I love the Sombra pic most but Rarity's looks the most complex. Very well done. ^ ^

@Sunset Rose thank you very much! both were a lot of fun to make. Im glad you like my style I always wanted to know what people thought of it because the only feedback on Devianart i get is nice, good or something along those lines ^-^

39 minutes ago, Alpakachii said:

@Sunset Rose thank you very much! both were a lot of fun to make. Im glad you like my style I always wanted to know what people thought of it because the only feedback on Devianart i get is nice, good or something along those lines ^-^

Do you think you'd be able to do something similar to what you did with Rarity, only with the rest of the mane case? That's a pretty wide palette of environments, it could be a pretty good drawing exercise. 

Just now, Alpakachii said:

@Sunset Rose wow thanks! thats actually a great Idea I would love to try that.

Twilight in either the library or her castle.
Pinkie Pie in Sugarcube Corner
Applejack on her farm or in a barn
Rainbow Dash in her cloud house
Fluttershy in her cottage

I think it could be a fun little series. ^ ^

@Sunset Rose yes I think so too. Im thinking them doing stuff that they love like rainbowdash flying, Twilight reading and stuff like that. I agree completly I think Im going to start right away ^-^

Very well done! I concur with previous opinions that you do have a unique and eye catching style.

Things to work on I think would be:

Weight - your figures seem weightless, and this is probably because you need to pay more attention to their center of gravity and how their pose distributes their mass.

Line thickness - varying the thickness of your lines will do wonders to imply 3 dimensions and lighting without getting too detailed with shading.

Color - I think your style could benefit from just a little more color values (gradients). I think the reason the show's original animation can get away with so little shading and gradients is because the line forms and body shapes are so well developed and pleasing they stand on their own (perhaps by necessity).

• Brohoof 1

thank you @Mirage77 for your feedback ^-^ it is true that I get a little carried away with the poses and make them look really weightless. with the line thickness I really have to get into that but Im still learning about the program Im using I will try to figur that out. About the colors Im always to scared to make them to saturated and it does make it look kind of bland doesnt it. Thank you I will try to work more on these points, This really helped me figure out on what to work next with my art style.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Alpakachii said:

thank you @Mirage77 for your feedback ^-^ it is true that I get a little carried away with the poses and make them look really weightless. with the line thickness I really have to get into that but Im still learning about the program Im using I will try to figur that out. About the colors Im always to scared to make them to saturated and it does make it look kind of bland doesnt it. Thank you I will try to work more on these points, This really helped me figure out on what to work next with my art style.

Please let me clarify - I don't think your art is bland at all. :D

Color will help your figures 'pop' away from the background. That is, if the background has approximately 20% color variance, but the figure has 60% color variances, it will almost by defaut pop into the foreground because our eyes naturally perceive more detail on things that we focus on, so by differing the color detail, you are training the viewer what to look at.

• Brohoof 1

I hope this is the right place to post this otherwise ill delete it or something and post it somewhere else but yeah this is Stardust she is my Ponysona or main Oc. This was also the first time that I made a refsheet and I know it looks kinda bad. I am still working on the backstory right now but I have the main things about her covered. For anyone wondering she was born in a family who are all Pegasus ( or Pegasi I dont really know what more than one is called), but she was born with no wings but can do some things a Pegasus can do like walking on clouds.598ef2fc6432d_stardustrefsheet1.thumb.jpeg.d7b2db80d3ca4301c347b98f1202fe5d.jpeg

I will post her whole background, once im done, Is there a OC section or something like it? I saw one i the Rp section would it be okay for me to post it there? Well anyways let me know what you think. ^-^

• Brohoof 6

14 hours ago, Alpakachii said:

@Mirage77 I don't know why that made me giggle ^_^ But would you know where I could post her backstory and all that stuff just so I know for the future?

@AlpakachiiI'd suggest submitting your OC to Everfree Roleplay's Character Archive or Equestrian Empire Character Database, given that you'll be able to affix a reference picture, indicate the character's personality and add its backstory as well.

Have a lovely day now!

You said you're still pretty new to digital art...

... I got curious and wanted to check that out...

... I was expecting to see something absolutely different...

... You lied. :pout:

Seriously though, you've got the skills! Your art is impressive. :pinkie: I'd love to draw like that. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

@Rikifive yeah I guess Its because I have years upon years of experience on paper and the first few drawings I made always took me about a week to finish ( and some I never even finished) because I got frustrated. I also watched tons of youtube videos getting familliar with all the tools and programs I could use. I also started of with just sketches that I didnt post to just get familliar with the tablet itself and those looked terrible . And you should have seen the lines of the drawings I scrapped because there were just black blobs everywhere. Im pretty sure if you can draw in the show style like that you can adapt a new style pretty quickly. I really liked your Fluttershy drawing ^-^

• Brohoof 1

Im finally done with my Rainbow Dash drawing it took me a while to make I focused a bit more on line art but Im not sure if its even visible that I tried to vary the line thickness. I think the problem is that I always draw my lines way to thin. I might do another one of her, maybe a bit more complex one but we'll see. Im kind of proud of this but something is bothering me and I dont know what, it just looks unfinished to me. maybe I should have added more in the sky idk.5991984045405_RAINBOWDASHfanart.thumb.jpeg.c4477b32649275f4937c78c2aad8da90.jpeg

• Brohoof 4

• 3 months later...

Wooow its been a long time since I posted anything art related on here ( because of several reasons). And since I dont have access to digital art right now I decided might as well practice a bit. I drew a few different expressions and also a few different angles. Hope its not to bad since I haven't drawn Ponies in a bit. So yeah tell me what you think. ^~^

IMG_20171122_201808.thumb.jpg.b7c7efe3db6582993fb0274c974dc8b5.jpg

• Brohoof 4