Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler New Music Video: Shake Things Up

Queen Cassie

So, looks like we've got a new music video. This one stars Applejack, and it's a little... odd? Like some kind of mix of electronic and country. I have to say I like her skills though. And it's really interesting to me to see that Applejack works at the mall in a juice shop. Makes me wonder if the rest of the Humane Seven have similar jobs. If nothing else I'm really surprised Applejack isn't just working on the farm, but given that Granny Smith works at the school it seems very much like Sweet Apple Acres in the human world just isn't at all the same as the pony version.

Whatcha tink ya'll?

• Brohoof 1

Is it just me, or did Applejack give that kid at the end an empty cup?

Now that that's out of the way, a couple things I noticed. First off, Applejack is working at a juice bar? Why? Second job when there's no apples to harvest?

Second, not a country song, what a departure from the expected.

Third, there was a lot of reused animation in this one, disappointing since both Mad Twience and Monday Blues didn't have that problem.

Overall, I liked it. It isn't as good as either of the previous music videos, but it was still enjoyable. I'm sure after I watch it a few more times, it will grow on me like Mad Twience did.

Edited by ShootingStar159

1 hour ago, Queen Cassie said:

So, looks like we've got a new music video. This one stars Applejack, and it's a little... odd? Like some kind of mix of electronic and country. I have to say I like her skills though. And it's really interesting to me to see that Applejack works at the mall in a juice shop. Makes me wonder if the rest of the Humane Seven have similar jobs. If nothing else I'm really surprised Applejack isn't just working on the farm, but given that Granny Smith works at the school it seems very much like Sweet Apple Acres in the human world just isn't at all the same as the pony version.

Whatcha tink ya'll?

It's the industrial age men, farmers are becoming less noticable these days

This song gave us some new character development for Applejack in that she has a job working at the Equestria Girls' equivalent of Orange Julius.

• Brohoof 4

The song itself was fairly enjoyable, and it's always nice to get a new look at how the Humane 6 differ from the ponies in this world. It's also strangely refreshing for Applejack to get a different kind of song that still manages to compliment her voice quite well.

Though the fact Applejack got a song here, and we know from the promo that Pinkie will get one, I'm thoroughly convinced there will be one for Sunset Sushi as well, since all three of those came from the same minis collection. I really hope they get to that one, because at this point it's becoming a little uncertain whether or not Discovery Family will even air all the shorts this month.

Edited by Toon4Thought

It was ok... my partner (big AJ fan) didnt like it. 

- Has AJ got 2 jobs now? Working at this stand as well as farm work at home? 

- Its a very Adele style song, personally not a fan of Adele much. Didnt seem like AJ's style to me. But always nice to hear Ashley get her solo songs. 

- This juice bar is not apples only! 

I quite liked the sound of this. Personally I'd prefer if the lyrics were a little more tongue-in-cheek, because blending juice is really quite mundane, but that's a pretty decent beat. Seems like these shorts are mostly interested in extremely slight character development, but this doesn't really help me understand whether or not this particular Applejack lives on a farm, and even within the context of a 2.5 hour music video, I just feel like these could be doing more. This one in particular could probably have all references to Equestria Girls removed with nothing changing, although then I guess we wouldn't know that Applejack works in a juice shop, which is basically the only thing making this interesting aside from the solid beat. I mean, the Rainbow Rocks shorts offered a bit more in their own right, I feel. Still, decent song. 

On 8/15/2017 at 4:16 AM, StormBlaze said:

It was ok... my partner (big AJ fan) didnt like it. 

- Has AJ got 2 jobs now? Working at this stand as well as farm work at home? 

- Its a very Adele style song, personally not a fan of Adele much. Didnt seem like AJ's style to me. But always nice to hear Ashley get her solo songs. 

- This juice bar is not apples only! 

Uh no it's more like maroon 5