Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Computer Build Help

Meeps

Hi all. I had someone helping me build a computer, it wouldn't turn on after it was fully assembled and they had to leave for college. The parts are:

ASUS Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5 DP HDMI DVI AMD Graphics Card (RX560-4G)

Crucial MX300 2.5" 525GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CT525MX300SSD1

CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU

ASRock A88M-G/3.1 FM2+ / FM2 A88X (Bolton D4) Micro ATX Motherboard

CORSAIR TX-M Series CP-9020132-NA 650W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Active PFC ...

Mushkin Enhanced Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Desktop Memory Model 996988S

Looked at the parts list and realized maybe the processor wasn't compatible with the motherboard, so I went ahead and ordered AMD A4-6300 Dual-Core APU Richland Processor 3.7GHz Sockect FM2, which pcpartpicker said would be compatible with my motherboard. I plug everything in, the keyboard lights up, the cooler and graphics card fans work, but the monitor simply says no signal and nothing happens. It's the same thing that happened when I had the other processor in.

I'm not a very computer oriented person, I can get around alright, but when I hear things like "breadboard" I get a little scared. Anyone have any advice for me? I feel like I'm over my head now that I'm alone in this, I'm considering taking it to a shop that specializes in repairs but I've been screwed over by a tech repair shop before and I'm afraid it'll be pricey anyways! any help appreciated :)

2 hours ago, Meeps said:

Hi all. I had someone helping me build a computer, it wouldn't turn on after it was fully assembled and they had to leave for college. The parts are:

ASUS Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5 DP HDMI DVI AMD Graphics Card (RX560-4G)

Crucial MX300 2.5" 525GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CT525MX300SSD1

CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU

ASRock A88M-G/3.1 FM2+ / FM2 A88X (Bolton D4) Micro ATX Motherboard

CORSAIR TX-M Series CP-9020132-NA 650W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Active PFC ...

Mushkin Enhanced Stealth 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Desktop Memory Model 996988S

Looked at the parts list and realized maybe the processor wasn't compatible with the motherboard, so I went ahead and ordered AMD A4-6300 Dual-Core APU Richland Processor 3.7GHz Sockect FM2, which pcpartpicker said would be compatible with my motherboard. I plug everything in, the keyboard lights up, the cooler and graphics card fans work, but the monitor simply says no signal and nothing happens. It's the same thing that happened when I had the other processor in.

I'm not a very computer oriented person, I can get around alright, but when I hear things like "breadboard" I get a little scared. Anyone have any advice for me? I feel like I'm over my head now that I'm alone in this, I'm considering taking it to a shop that specializes in repairs but I've been screwed over by a tech repair shop before and I'm afraid it'll be pricey anyways! any help appreciated :)

Really even though I'm 16 I'm very knowledgeable about computers so if you PM me some images of the interior of the computer case I could tell you how to connect things plus the issue is probably a power supply cable that you haven't connected properly to something! :)

9 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Really even though I'm 16 I'm very knowledgeable about computers so if you PM me some images of the interior of the computer case I could tell you how to connect things plus the issue is probably a power supply cable that you haven't connected properly to something! :)

A lot of people mentioned the power supply cable thing, I'll pm you once I get some pictures up! :)

5 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Okay let's see what I can do! :)

So I actually got the case fans to work by plugging them directly into the power supply, the only issue now is that the monitor didn't come with the right cable to connect with my graphics card. I ordered the cable I need, but it won't be here til friday; no one out here sells them, unfortunately. Looks like I'll be using my integrated graphics until it shows up, but I'm about to try installing Windows... also learned my processor is pretty much garbage, but I'll be putting a slightly better one in (however, still garbage I've been informed...) after the bios updates, whatever that means. Fingers crossed, everything will run smoothly now. I really appreciate the offer to help @Techno Universal :pinkie:

1 minute ago, Meeps said:

So I actually got the case fans to work by plugging them directly into the power supply, the only issue now is that the monitor didn't come with the right cable to connect with my graphics card. I ordered the cable I need, but it won't be here til friday; no one out here sells them, unfortunately. Looks like I'll be using my integrated graphics until it shows up, but I'm about to try installing Windows... also learned my processor is pretty much garbage, but I'll be putting a slightly better one in (however, still garbage I've been informed...) after the bios updates, whatever that means. Fingers crossed, everything will run smoothly now. I really appreciate the offer to help @Techno Universal :pinkie:

Yeah when the BIOS updates it's basically like a security update as it patches exploits that viruses can use to rewrite the BIOS. Plus the BIOS code language base is also updated during thease updates so it's often required to update your BIOS so you can use newer features in Windows. Plus the CPU in my PC is an Intel I7 8 core model from the 2012 line of Intel CPUs. Literally my PC here at home literally is loaded up with the absolute best consumer grade hardware that you could get back in April of 2013. Even though it's an old CPU it's still quite a workhorse compared to today's standards plus the graphics card in it is an Nivdia GTX Ge-Force 660. Even though no better graphics card was publicly available at the time the graphics card is literally already starting to become obsolete with modern games even though it's the best one from four years ago! :)

• Brohoof 1